Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,598
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
The Death Note one-shot reached 1 000 000 views on M+. Even One Piece only does 250k in a good week.



So does that mean that people who voted in both polls got their votes counted double?
If not, which one was counted?

I would have liked to see the difference between both methods...
It technically reached 1mln a long time ago if you add up english+spanish
 

Rouk'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
144
Reaction score
664
Age
27
Country
France
He probably means to say Oda rarely experiments with panel shapes or layouts, sticking just to his usual sequences with plain squares and rectangles rather than doing creative panel layouts or sequences much.
While I do agree with you, I want to point out that the final page from last week's chapter completely contradicts this statement
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Suggestion for the poll: to add in spoiler tags why are you voting for the series you are voting. It could be useful to avoid some people just voting for their favorites.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Japanese Twitter poll results for Issue 13

1. Act Age
2. Haikyuu!!
3. Mitama Security
4. Undead Unluck
5. One Piece
6. Agravity Boys
7. Jujutsu Kaisen
8. We Never Learn
9. Kimetsu no Yaiba
10. Chainsaw Man
11. Dr. Stone
12. Mission Yozakura Family
13. The Promised Neverland
14. Koisuru One Piece
15. Mashle
16. Samurai 8
17. Zipman
18. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
19. Black Clover
20. Guardian of the Witch
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Happy to see Act-age first. And after seen the korean scans of this week chapter, I think it will repeat next time.

Guardian of the Witch seems so dead.
Black clover too and already has 241 chapters.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Suggestion for the poll: to add in spoiler tags why are you voting for the series you are voting. It could be useful to avoid some people just voting for their favorites.
They'd have to do this:

 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
New chapters out on MangaPlus!
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Samurai 8 could end in three issues. The new ID batch showed up and S8 has 4 IDs while the rest seem to have 5 each (including Zipman, which brings it to Ch.16 minimally, which is when Vol 2 should end)
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Yeah, since I saw the spoilers from S8, I felt it was wrapping up. I was hoping in the actual chapter give another vibe but it really seems it will end soon.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Samurai 8 could end in three issues. The new ID batch showed up and S8 has 4 IDs while the rest seem to have 5 each (including Zipman, which brings it to Ch.16 minimally, which is when Vol 2 should end)
In order to play it safer: Samurai 8 will be absent from one issue between Issue 16 to 18. Take that however you may want to take it.

IDs cover Issue 14 to 18, but we just got 14 out and we already know there's no sign of break for Samurai 8 on Issue 15, so it gets reduced to those last three issues.
 
Last edited:

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Oh, we can put Yozakura as a romance, yes.

Jesus Christ..
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
In order to play it safer: Samurai 8 will be absent from one issue between Issue 15 to 18. Take that however you may want to take it.
Could just be a break but who knows

Kishimoto's author comment this issue:
I’m currently planning a vacation to Mashuko and Kirigamine for my break! I’m already excited.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Samurai 8 could end in three issues. The new ID batch showed up and S8 has 4 IDs while the rest seem to have 5 each (including Zipman, which brings it to Ch.16 minimally, which is when Vol 2 should end)
Wnl too?

I could finish in chapter 150.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Could just be a break but who knows

Kishimoto's author comment this issue:
I’m currently planning a vacation to Mashuko and Kirigamine for my break! I’m already excited.
he can put the manga on hiatus.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
he can put the manga on hiatus.
It perfectly can. Like I said, the series will be absent from one of the next issues. Whatever it means is just unknown.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
New poll is up (for this topic.)
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm betting UndeadxUnluck will be in the middle Toc, but almost in bottom. I can even picture it in the bottom. Let's see.

Pretty hyped for what's going to happen next in Yozakura Family.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
A lot of the chapters of the established series were pretty big/hype, not gonna lie.
 

FireFantasyVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
455
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yozakura was ok this week. I didn't really care for the gag bits but the stuff between Taiyo and Mutsumi was nice.

Mitama was great as always.

Zipman once again is going at breakneck speeds, the U19 club is looking like a genuine possibility

Agravity was good as well, I like the new group of characters already

UxU was pretty good as well, it's definitely starting to grow on me

Mash I'm really not sure about. I feel Mash's actions has come across as more violent than comedic, even if he morally is doing the right thing. I still do like the comedic bits but so far whenever the series has gotten serious it loses me

Witch Guardian was ok too, I liked the action but I'm still not totally sold on the main cast yet

In other series, Dr Stone, Act Age, and Jujutsu were all great this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement that WNL is ending next issue, but I think the epilogue is confirmed, no? KnY also feels like there's not much left, unless they pull a Vinland Saga-esque prologue. Sam8 gave off major ending vibes, but I could definitely still see it going, so we'll have to wait and see.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top