Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,493
Reaction score
39,524
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah. So according to Tsutsui's author comment for this coming issue, he said "you decide which ending is real". Don't...really care for making it THAT much like a VN, as I said earlier one girl obviously had major build up over the others and I consider that the "canon" ending because of that, but that's good for people who prefer X girl.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
it is not starting from the school festival,

it is just referring to the firework scene, which is the pivotal point.

The best fork would honestly be around ~graduation trip arc

since just before that was uruka went full throttle

Asumi and sensei might need a few more setup (more needed for Sensei than asumi) but IMO it can proceed naturally(ish)
 
Last edited:

SlamMonster

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2019
Messages
171
Reaction score
348
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
I wonder why the hell are we all implying he didnt have all of this planned and Jump said: let's go with it. Why is it so bad? How is it coward? How is it not the author just doing what he wants to do? Writing the story, situations, panels and moments he really wants to write and draw? This is not about audience anymore, this is about what Tsutsui honestly wants to make with his story. And I think the fact that he's being able to do what he wants is amazing, so props to him and I'll gladly enjoy the ride until the end.
I didn't mean to imply that, just that this is a hard sell in my eyes, because at face value this just seems like fanservice in an attempt to please the always devided harem romcom fanbase by simply giving a little bit to everyone. If someone did this in one with scifi or fantasy elements i would be happy, but this alternate route structure is completely divorced from its simple, traditional narrative, which makes it look like a copout. And sure, i should give him the benefit of the doubt, but he is simply not the kind of author (not saying he's a hack) i could see creating a meaningful and smart framing and conclusion to this. But i hope he proves me wrong.

Also i gotta admit, i'm just bummed it won't end soon (or possibly for a long time) because i've been waiting for a new one to take its place.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I gotta ask again, what makes Sensei so popular? I’ve heard her being described as “pure sex on legs”, which I thought was funny. But I kind of don’t get it.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I gotta ask again, what makes Sensei so popular? I’ve heard her being described as “pure sex on legs”, which I thought was funny. But I kind of don’t get it.
Me neither. I prefer snarky meido senpai, anyways :mono
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
I gotta ask again, what makes Sensei so popular? I’ve heard her being described as “pure sex on legs”, which I thought was funny. But I kind of don’t get it.
As someone who really doesn't care for age gap romance I agree but at least if it's as a "waifu" people like the legal one
 

BRTK

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 11, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Damn, I'm really liking the idea for alternate endings in WNL. That's what I actually wanted, because it's a rare case of a series where I like all main girls (with Rizu and Sensei being my favorites). Never thought that it'd really happen though.

Anyway, glad that UU's first ranking is pretty good, now let's hope it doesn't go down in the next weeks. Also very hyped for Haikyuu cover.:super
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
I fail to see why most of the people are happy about the route stuff. Multiple "what if" arcs is just a cop out to please the fans who didn't get to see their favorites winning in the end. It's not a stroke of genius because it just shows the author either has no vision of his own or is too afraid to write a story the way he wants.

But if the fans are ok with it who am I to complain?
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
I fail to see why most of the people are happy about the route stuff. Multiple "what if" arcs is just a cop out to please the fans who didn't get to see their favorites winning in the end. It's not a stroke of genius because it just shows the author either has no vision of his own or is too afraid to write a story the way he wants.

But if the fans are ok with it who am I to complain?
For me it depends what he does with them. If they actually go full VN and give us vastly different endings I would love that. If it just ends up being a chapter each that happens to have him dating the respective girl but is otherwise no different from the regular slice of life stuff I would agree with you.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
22i the madman.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Everyone, this thread is too We Never Learn centric currently.

I ask that further discussion of the series (outside of sales data specifically) be done in the dedicated section/thread.~ Buranchi
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Can we discuss what other series in Jump may benefit from this multiple endings approach? Either ongoing or completed.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can we discuss what other series in Jump may benefit from this multiple endings approach? Either ongoing or completed.
Sure, that's fine.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can we discuss what other series in Jump may benefit from this multiple endings approach? Either ongoing or completed.
One Piece, good and bad ending
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Can we discuss what other series in Jump may benefit from this multiple endings approach? Either ongoing or completed.
Haikyu. Have 0 proof but 0 doubts.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
I think Yuuna could. I haven't gone past the anime but have one ending where Kogarashi helps her pass on and one where they fall in love and stay together. Of course another one with harem end as well
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can we discuss what other series in Jump may benefit from this multiple endings approach? Either ongoing or completed.
Had Kubo done a multiple ending for the multiple shippers, no one would have burn Bleach volumes.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Had Kubo actually done GOOD ending nobody would burn volumes
But IIRC this wasn't the claim of those who burnt the volumes. Their claim was about the final couple.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top