Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
US was from my experience.

Let me check if it was France or some other country that sold that much cause I remember it selling that much just that confused with the country stuff.

I've seen good reviews from Germany never sure if it's not big market or anything
Those numbers come from nowhere. Even if you added the sales it did WORLDWIDE it wouldn't be 70k in 2 days.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man

Like the Act-age and Chainsawman polls, we canvote
Seeing this, what other jump or jump+ would you like to have to have a poll about certain character's facial Expressions ?
PD:I know Yonagi will be the answer most people will choose.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States

Like the Act-age and Chainsawman polls, we can vote
I've yet to read this manga, but those are some crazy facial expressions coming from her. Not what I would expect, tbh. I like a lot of these, so I dunno what to choose. I can see why this got a popularity poll.

EDIT: Actually nvm, we're all just going to colletively band together as a community and vote for #20.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Like the Act-age and Chainsawman polls, we can vote
OH SNAP!
This is actually really really hard to chose from! This might be a much harder poll than the AA and CSM poll recently. Like the new chapter came out today and I got instant 3 new Anya expression I wanna put all on Nr.1 spot and then some more. XDDD

I know we are not supposed to talk about SxF here (I think) but I just gotta say this: The name Anya chose for her dog was the best name you could pick for a dog of a spy family and I am ashamed I did not had the idea myself when discussing it with others. <3
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
It's okay to talk about jump+ here, matey.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Here is a pic of all the 56 choices and interestingly enough each got their own sentence below and I am curious if anybody here knows enough moon runes to translate those for us. I am not trusting Google translate. If it's not too much work ofc.

Also voted for 20. Gonna vote for other expressions the next days though. <3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's okay to talk about jump+ here, matey.
Even the not WSJ stuff?
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Speaking of digital WSJ platforms, new chapters are out on MangaPlus! Things might've been a bit confusing due to Daylight Fucking Savings Time.

We Never Learn: And that's an ending. Not gonna lie, I was a little excited about the prospects of seeing everyone as I was reading this, mainly Fumino and to a lesser extent Sensei. Though, at the same time, it comes at the cost of making this ending feel a bit cheap, not gonna lie.

My Hero Academia: I'm kind of confused about something, but otherwise a solid chapter featuring a character I wasn't expecting to get some spotlight.
 
Last edited:

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
saying "it's up to the reader to decide the true ending" makes me think each character will get a volume dedicated to them rather than just a couple chapters each
This is what I'm thinking. If Tsutsui wants each ending to be convincingly considered as canon, he'll probably have to give the same amount of content that he gave to Uruka here. Since Chapter 150 ends a volume, and this arc has been 9 chapters long, we can reasonably expect that the other four girls' endings will be the same amount of chapters. Perhaps to really hammer it home, the ending volumes could all be the same number, just featuring different girls. Or it could just brand itself as We Never Learn If or something.

Essentially, with this decision, WNL might've bought a ticket to 2021...though, I don't see it going past January. This idea is quite novel, and I'm hoping that the other sides of the story are relatively well executed. There's pros and cons, but I think this is what WNL will be known for at the end of the day. Maybe other stories like this can implement this type of ending for popular characters that were never going to win.

Also apparently the Bokuben sub is praising Tsutsui now for what he's doing and I find that absolutely fucking hilarious. People were really only salty that they didn't get their Sensei end, and I'm seeing people taking the decision as him wanting the Sensei end the most. xD I'll wait for that, since I'm honestly curious about how that'll play out, and also the Fumino end arc as well.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
has anyone else seen the reference to bloodborne in yozakura?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This is what I'm thinking. If Tsutsui wants each ending to be convincingly considered as canon, he'll probably have to give the same amount of content that he gave to Uruka here. Since Chapter 150 ends a volume, and this arc has been 9 chapters long, we can reasonably expect that the other four girls' endings will be the same amount of chapters. Perhaps to really hammer it home, the ending volumes could all be the same number, just featuring different girls. Or it could just brand itself as We Never Learn If or something.

Essentially, with this decision, WNL might've bought a ticket to 2021...though, I don't see it going past January. This idea is quite novel, and I'm hoping that the other sides of the story are relatively well executed. There's pros and cons, but I think this is what WNL will be known for at the end of the day. Maybe other stories like this can implement this type of ending for popular characters that were never going to win.

Also apparently the Bokuben sub is praising Tsutsui now for what he's doing and I find that absolutely fucking hilarious. People were really only salty that they didn't get their Sensei end, and I'm seeing people taking the decision as him wanting the Sensei end the most. xD I'll wait for that, since I'm honestly curious about how that'll play out, and also the Fumino end arc as well.
Nine chapters for each girl are long and dull. two chapters would be better for each one so it covers an entire volume.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
has anyone else seen the reference to bloodborne in yozakura?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Nine chapters for each girl are long and dull. two chapters would be better for each one so it covers an entire volume.
That would make more sense, but remember: Tsutsui wants each of these endings to be able to be considered “canon.” If he goes all out on the Uruka ending and then only does two chapters for the other four girls, then readers will still think that Uruka was the canon end and the others are just alternate endings. Which would be terrible because now you have the worst of both worlds: Uruka ending feels cheaper and salty fans aren’t satisfied.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Nine chapters for each girl are long and dull. two chapters would be better for each one so it covers an entire volume.
it depends what he does. Obviously the 9 chapters Uruka had can't just switch her out for the next heroine so they do have to be different. This is probably basically Nisekoi's ending arc everyone was whining about not having except instead of rejecting them one by one he dates them then time reset.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #15 (2020) - VOTING​

Both polls for issue #15 are open for voting, the first poll is HERE and the "Top 3" is HERE
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
That would make more sense, but remember: Tsutsui wants each of these endings to be able to be considered “canon.” If he goes all out on the Uruka ending and then only does two chapters for the other four girls, then readers will still think that Uruka was the canon end and the others are just alternate endings. Which would be terrible because now you have the worst of both worlds: Uruka ending feels cheaper and salty fans aren’t satisfied.
but giving 9 chapters to each girl is also bad.
first you know what the ending will be, that is to say there is no surprise, because this is the girl's route.
the author of btoom did not spend 300 chapters after he made the good ending to make the bad ending.
you will practically read a story already knowing how to finish. That's call the fan an idiot.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

it depends what he does. Obviously the 9 chapters Uruka had can't just switch her out for the next heroine so they do have to be different. This is probably basically Nisekoi's ending arc everyone was whining about not having except instead of rejecting them one by one he dates them then time reset.
Again, you're practically going to read a story already knowing how to end it. That's call the fan an idiot.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Amazon and twitter isn’t exactly an indicator of how well something is doing. But S8 seems to be doing well based on it being a top sell briefly, and the amount of people I see posting it on twitter.

Obviously a top selling manga in the US isn’t nearly as big as a top selling manga in Japan. But it appears to be doing well for US standards
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top