Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,522
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I take it that you haven't read Toriko?
...actually, no, I haven't. Then again, I dont hear much about Toriko outside of here.


Actually, I'm going to change my #5 to Tommyrod. He did the whole villainous insect looking thing better than Cell for me.



Eh, rankings are relative. The gap's probably loaded with KImetsu backlogs.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
...actually, no, I haven't. Then again, I dont hear much about Toriko outside of here.




Eh, rankings are relative. The gap's probably loaded with KImetsu backlogs.
Yeah, it's mostly KNY volumes, an Akagami no Shirayuki-hime volume and a The Fable volume.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
...actually, no, I haven't. Then again, I dont hear much about Toriko outside of here.




Eh, rankings are relative. The gap's probably loaded with KImetsu backlogs.
Toriko had a strong ending
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
This brings up an interesting idea. What would you guys say is your top 10 Jump villains? You can do top 5 or 3 if you want as well.
My Top 5 Jump Villians (no particular order):
1) Meruem (Hunter x Hunter)
2) So Dakki (Houshin Engi)
3) The Millennium Earl (D.Gray-man)
4) Sensui (Yu Yu Hakusho)
5) Doflamingo (One Piece)
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
The World and the characters of Witch Guardian are pretty lifeless. Can't have two MCs with the same personality.
Everything about the series is lifeless. It's like someone water-boarded the manga for fun.
 

Reading Somethin'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
155
Age
28
Country
Honduras
This brings up an interesting idea. What would you guys say is your top 10 Jump villains? You can do top 5 or 3 if you want as well.
In no order

Sensui, YYH
Tserried, HxH
Takasugi, Gintama
Kira Yoshikage, Jojo part 4
Toji, JJK
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I voted for Mashle's first ranking to be in the middle, but I do want to specify that I mean it will likely be, like, 6th or 7th from the bottom. With everything else that's going on, I really can't see it placing any higher, relatively strong first chapter or not.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
If we count Gaiden as the ending, Beelzebub had a pretty great one.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I expect Mashle to be at the bottom even though I adore the series.

Also, haven't voted yet because I haven't read the chapters yet. Just got back from a trip from Vancouver!
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I voted for Mashle's first ranking to be in the middle, but I do want to specify that I mean it will likely be, like, 6th or 7th from the bottom. With everything else that's going on, I really can't see it placing any higher, relatively strong first chapter or not.
I think all the newbies are gonna get middle first rankings due to the magazine's current situation. If it ranks Top 5, then it might actually be a hit. If it somehow manages to rank in the bottom 5, then don't expect it to last the year.

If we count Gaiden as the ending, Beelzebub had a pretty great one.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I expect Mashle to be at the bottom even though I adore the series.

Also, haven't voted yet because I haven't read the chapters yet. Just got back from a trip from Vancouver.
Oh, cool! I hope you had fun!
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,522
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wish i had more confidence in Mashle's rankings, i genuinely feel it's a good series with great chapters but isn't like this matters when it comes to Japan sometimes.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I wish i had more confidence in Mashle's rankings, i genuinely feel it's a good series with great chapters but isn't like this matters when it comes to Japan sometimes.
The issue is that there isn't much there beyond the novelty of the riffing on ONE's work. It can be funny, but when put next to other titles, what's there to justify it staying long-term?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Honestly anything could go either way with the current state of the magazine. Gag manga especially are something you just can never tell how it'll be received beforehand.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Would Seikimatsu Leader den Takeshi! survive in current Jump?
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
This brings up an interesting idea. What would you guys say is your top 10 Jump villains? You can do top 5 or 3 if you want as well.
My top 5 in no particular order are:
- Yoshikage Kira
- Blackbeard and his crew
- Shigaraki Tomura
- Takasugi and the Kihetai
- Aokiji

Honourable mention to Agon, the Sannoh Team and Principal Asano
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,522
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The issue is that there isn't much there beyond the novelty of the riffing on ONE's work. It can be funny, but when put next to other titles, what's there to justify it staying long-term?
Mitama Security...

But my comment is more about the first chapters being well received.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Mitama Security...

But my comment is more about the first chapters being well received.
Reception is more okay than anything else in the JP community from what I've observed. Not outright ignored like Zipman or Witch, but nothing really to suggest a solid base of popularity.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This brings up an interesting idea. What would you guys say is your top 10 Jump villains? You can do top 5 or 3 if you want as well.
In no order:

Freeza
Kumagawa
Aizen
Cell
Pain
Itachi
Crocodile
Yoshikage Kira
Najimu Ajimi
Orochimaru
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Reception is more okay than anything else in the JP community from what I've observed. Not outright ignored like Zipman or Witch, but nothing really to suggest a solid base of popularity.
Rain, do you think you're capable of gauging the entire JP community's interest?

I mean, the internet is a pretty big place, even if only the JP side.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Rain, do you think you're capable of gauging the entire JP community's interest?

I mean, the internet is a pretty big place, even if only the JP side.
Not with absolute certainty, but, then again, we can't do it entirely for the ENG side either.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top