Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,570
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States

So the Yuuna campaign will be published in GIGA.

Hmm...
Wait, would it be an actual chapter, or one of those special, small rip-out bonus chapters that appeared in Giga a couple times before?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone, further discussion about Muzan and the final fight will be deleted after this warning.

Let's change the subject, please.
 

Tymano

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
285
Reaction score
329
Age
26
Country
United States
Everyone, further discussion about Muzan and the final fight will be deleted after this warning.

Let's change the subject, please.
God damn it the one time I decide to do a long write up I get told it will be deleted when I get very close to finishing it. Just my luck.

To change the subject, since we have been doing polls for a while now, do your guys votes tend to vote for your favorite series the most in the polls, or do are the series you vote for the most not the same as your favorite series. I know in my case the two series I vote for the most (Dr. Stone and Jujutsu) are in the middle for how I think my favorite manga from the magazine are ranked, while my two favorite jump manga (OP and Kimetsu) are in the middle vote wise.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
God damn it the one time I decide to do a long write up I get told it will be deleted when I get very close to finishing it. Just my luck.

To change the subject, since we have been doing polls for a while now, do your guys votes tend to vote for your favorite series the most in the polls, or do are the series you vote for the most not the same as your favorite series. I know in my case the two series I vote for the most (Dr. Stone and Jujutsu) are in the middle for how I think my favorite manga from the magazine are ranked, while my two favorite jump manga (OP and Kimetsu) are in the middle vote wise.
This is practically a censorship.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
God damn it the one time I decide to do a long write up I get told it will be deleted when I get very close to finishing it. Just my luck.
You're free to post it in the KnY section.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This is practically a censorship.
This post is off-topic. However, I am leaving it up as an explanation.

This thread is for overall discussion about the analytics of WSJ series, not about specific discussion of plot and the like.

The former discussion about Muzan is better suited for the KnY section specifically.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
God damn it the one time I decide to do a long write up I get told it will be deleted when I get very close to finishing it. Just my luck.

To change the subject, since we have been doing polls for a while now, do your guys votes tend to vote for your favorite series the most in the polls, or do are the series you vote for the most not the same as your favorite series. I know in my case the two series I vote for the most (Dr. Stone and Jujutsu) are in the middle for how I think my favorite manga from the magazine are ranked, while my two favorite jump manga (OP and Kimetsu) are in the middle vote wise.
I try to be as unbiased as possible and vote for the ones I objectively think are the best among the ones I read. Right now though, a lot of my votes have been going to MHA, JJK, AA and CSM, which have delivered week after week.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
God damn it the one time I decide to do a long write up I get told it will be deleted when I get very close to finishing it. Just my luck.

To change the subject, since we have been doing polls for a while now, do your guys votes tend to vote for your favorite series the most in the polls, or do are the series you vote for the most not the same as your favorite series. I know in my case the two series I vote for the most (Dr. Stone and Jujutsu) are in the middle for how I think my favorite manga from the magazine are ranked, while my two favorite jump manga (OP and Kimetsu) are in the middle vote wise.
I’ve been trying to restrict my votes to the newbie series in the magazine. I don’t read all the series in Jump, at least not yet, so I might as well signal boost newbies if they have good chapters.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Good good keep talking about the plot and ruin the enjoyment of others. It happened twice with Black Clover and MHA, more wouldn't hurt.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
You're free to post it in the KnY section.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



This post is off-topic. However, I am leaving it up as an explanation.

This thread is for overall discussion about the analytics of WSJ series, not about specific discussion of plot and the like.

The former discussion about Muzan is better suited for the KnY section specifically.
I think you should probably move the posts if possible so that people who aren't up to par don't read them. They really don't belong here and especially not without a spoiler tag.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think you should probably move the posts if possible so that people who aren't up to par don't read them. They really don't belong here and especially not without a spoiler tag.
Move them where, exactly? I can't move posts outside of my section (Otaku Cafe).

Moderator abilities are restricted to a single section. Global Moderators and Admin/Tech aren't restricted by section, however.

I can edit each post to add spoiler tags, but I'm just waking up and a little busy, currently.

Edit: Actually, looking over the posts, a lot of them are outright breaking the updated topicality rule. Like, blatantly. Jeez guys, what the hell. >_>

Yeah, I can't leave these up with spoilers, as the topicality rule forbids it.
 
Last edited:

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Agravity (or should I say agurabi? lol) twitter account? Nice! Got me wondering, does Yozakura have one yet?

Considering things are definitely looking up for Yozakura, Agravity and Undead, (and Mashle maybe? We should find out sooner rather than later) I wonder if Jump will start promoting these as the "real start of Reiwa Jump" after the failure of the actual Reiwa batch lol.
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
What exactly is jump+? Is it just WSJ online with extra titles or a completely different magazine under the jump imprint. Do they have the same editor in chief
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
What exactly is jump+? Is it just WSJ online with extra titles or a completely different magazine under the jump imprint. Do they have the same editor in chief
it's an online platform. I think some WSJ series are published on it but not the whole magazine and it's backcatalog rather than the new chapters. It's basically a different magazine but as an online platform.
 

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does this mean it'll end soon?
No, that just means that the results of the campaign will be an omake chapter in Jump Giga. They've had a couple in Jump Giga before, and were able to relax the censorship restrictions to show nipples in the magazine. So some scenarios would be more desirable to see as the outcome of the campaign than they would be to see in the manga regularly.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I can see why WSJ is seemingly pushing all new series from UxU to GOTW. WNL, KNY, TPN, Yuuna(?) are all on their last legs and also S8 is already dead.
They will really need new stuff to replace these in the coming months.

This is practically a censorship.
It's not. Rules are clear.
if it weren't for Buranchi and his rules, this thread would just be people talking about every series and spoiling things for anyone visiting the thread.
TLDR: this thread would've gone to complete shit if it weren't for him and the rules.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
With Samurai 8 also dies that 4-series Reiwa era celebration batch. Big batches really don't seem to be all that great.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
With Samurai 8 also dies that 4-series Reiwa era celebration batch. Big batches really don't seem to be all that great.
All just a gamble really. At least Dr. Stone and WNL survived the 2017 batch. RxL kinda did too.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
@Mankichi Togawa
Great list! :D

I see you put OVA when they are OVAs so:
-1992: Both Video girl Ai and Bastard are OVAs.
-2003: I''s were also OVAs.
-2009: Saint Seiya the Lost Canvas are also OVAs, but apart from that they are not Jump properties (They weren't at the time and the whole Saint Seiya property isn't JUMP anymore, but obviously the original Saint Seiya and Saint Seiya Omega maybe should stay on list because they are part of the original franchise which did run in Jump).

If you allow Saint Seiya the Lost Canvas to be in this list, which is a manga spin off that ran in a non Jump magazine, then why not include for example Soten No Ken which is exactly the same case as SS Lost Canvas? (Original Property ran in WSJ, but sequel/Spin off ran in other magazine). I'd say just to exclude Lost Canvas altogether from the list since it didn't have anything to do with Jump and wasn't promoted in any of its magazines (Only Akita Shoten promoted it.. I'm not sure if Saint Seiya Omega was promoted by Shueisha but obviously Lost Canvas wasn't since it ran in Shonen Champion.)
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Yep, I'll be removing Lost Canvas but mantaining Omega. I'm tempted to add Soten no Ken though.

I should put Video Girl Ai, Bastard and I's as OVAs, but they were like "0,5 cur anime" with 6 episodes. Which makes me sad, Video Girl Ai deserves a complete adaptation. Also, Rokudenashi Blues needs its anime.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top