Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,571
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I keep seeing people saying that Samurai 8 would have survived if it depended on oversea sales. How true is this? Does anyone have its sales number from Italy, France, USA, Spain(these are the countries they usually mention). Were thay really that high/good
 
Last edited:

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
1) I was thinking why they have so many gag manga in the manga right now and I thought maybe it's cause they wanna contrast the serious/dark series with lighthearted gag ones.
Seems unlikely. The most likely reason they have so many gag series in the magazine right now is that they're looking for a couple of successful new ones. They'd hit a point where they were in a pretty dry spell as far as gag series go due to ones they had before ending, including their long time fallback of the comedy leaning Gintama. As such they've been serializing gag series, or series that can fit into the gag niche, in hopes of a few of them catching on.
 

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Okay, this reminded me. If any of you guys read Hitman Reborn, what did you think of it? I didn’t hear good things about how it ended, but then I checked around MAL and the series apparently still has good reception - but I wanted more personal opinions.
I actually like the early joke arc. When it started to get serious, the quality is getting better. Varia arc is pretty good, but the Future arc was kind of a mess, especially at the end. The Shimon arc was not total bad, but I think it could be better. The last two chapters was total garbage. Amano just done something that ruined the whole experience of Reborn. Guess she didn't read Araki's book on how to make a manga.

Shame that many characters got shafted, but personality wise Yamamoto was my favorite and Gokudera has my favorite battle style.

Also, Amano is good at making Illustrations but later chapter Reborn's art was many downs
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
I actually like the early joke arc. When it started to get serious, the quality is getting better. Varia arc is pretty good, but the Future arc was kind of a mess, especially at the end. The Shimon arc was not total bad, but I think it could be better. The last two chapters was total garbage. Amano just done something that ruined the whole experience of Reborn. Guess she didn't read Araki's book on how to make a manga.

Shame that many characters got shafted, but personality wise Yamamoto was my favorite and Gokudera has my favorite battle style.

Also, Amano is good at making Illustrations but later chapter Reborn's art was many downs
im watching reborn now and currently on the varia arc, is it worth finishing the series after it?
 

Datu Mike

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2018
Messages
74
Reaction score
75
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Glad we found some common middle ground, but literally market cannibalization would be the term used in this example, economically speaking. But yeah, I totally get what you mean, it does sound too strong lol.




That's why I think a new seasonal anime would do wonders for One Piece.. Especially after watching the gorgeous One Piece Cup Noodle commercials..
A 26 episodes anime covering the entirety of East Blue (First part of One Piece) with new animation, especially if it is done with good animation would be a great way to maybe reach a new audience and maybe get some fans lost along the way to return to the franchise.




I rarely criticize Oda's decisions, but there's something odd about Oden's colors haha, if it were me I'd have colored it more like Goemon (the konami franchise) because Oden looks kinda like Goemon to me (Don't know if he was based on Goemon or something..)
Um... There are lot of new One piece reactors on YouTube who have been slept on One piece for a decade. I currently watching 5 reactors (some of them switch to manga) and look how are they excited to watch the anime even more.

I don't think changed into seasonal would helped a lot considering TOEI hired new fresh staffs and animators. I'm surprised that the staffs are all different nationalist and here are my favorites

>Director Nagamine (Broly DB movie)
>Aya Komaki, her storyboard is movie level and feels watching like "Your Name movie"
>Early animator is coming back in early days in East blue saga Kenji Yokoyama
>The GOATS! Naotoshi shida, Katsumi ishizuka, Koudai watanabe.
>The golden boy of TOEI Tu-yong ce and his 3 Chinese top notch animators boys
>One of the outsource animators, The American animator Henry Thurlow
> Spanish or Filipino animator Mitchell Gonzales
>The Webgen GOATS! Bahi JD (One punch man S1 animator), Saucelot, and RON DESEO.

TOEI had a lot of hotshots and if you watch the latest episode last week (Soba mask sanji episode) avarage or good episode of seasonal anime are nothing to compare that.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
@Datu Mike Pacing still sucks, that's the major reason I just stopped watching the anime altogether..

Also I didn't say that One Piece should change to seasonal but that Toei (or other company) should start fresh and make a remake with seasons so they could have more budget, so it will have better animation and maybe attract a new audience.

Also yeah, reactors are great for One Piece, I get the feeling there's some people that started watching One Piece thanks to reactors, so any kind of exposure is always good. (I used to watch some, like I pretty much watched every SuperMechaFrieza reaction up to the timeskip), and Uzumaki Khan is the GOAT.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Which Jump series got the best adaptation ever?
Kimetsu no Yaiba is obvious, but otherwise maybe Haikyuu and the first two seasons of Kuroko.

It'd be something fairly recent at any rate, older wsj series were usually full of filler, padding, or both.
 

DDed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
215
Reaction score
172
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Which Jump series got the best adaptation ever?
In Anime?
- All of Togashi's work (Yu Yu Hakusho, Level E, Hunter X Hunter) are gold
- Kimetsu no Yaiba --> I mean Ufotable handle the fighting scene
- TPN is honorable mention
- Jojo only went to really good is when they reboot the anime
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
It would have been the perfect adaptation for KnY if episode 13 didn't happened lol. (I mean, back then everyone was expecting Inosuke's face reveal in that episode).

It was fine adapting 2 to 3 chapters per episode, but somehow they decided to take only 1.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
JJBA & Haikyuu have better adaptations than Kimetsu...
Haikyuu maybe but Jojo definitely isn't a better adaptation, the animation quality is often not great and it also rushes and skips some scenes on occasion. David Pro is usually good at keeping Jojo's style, but there's a lot of other parts that could be improved.
 

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
im watching reborn now and currently on the varia arc, is it worth finishing the series after it?
Not really, actually. The fighting style changed after Varia arc (for better or worse) but I can't really recommend it now, plot wise it's not that good. If you're only looking for cool fight then you should continue...

Best adaptation of Jump?

Jojo (upgraded the manga soo much)
Heard that HXH also a pretty good adaptation
Haikyuu
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
@Datu Mike Pacing still sucks, that's the major reason I just stopped watching the anime altogether..

Also I didn't say that One Piece should change to seasonal but that Toei (or other company) should start fresh and make a remake with seasons so they could have more budget, so it will have better animation and maybe attract a new audience.

Also yeah, reactors are great for One Piece, I get the feeling there's some people that started watching One Piece thanks to reactors, so any kind of exposure is always good. (I used to watch some, like I pretty much watched every SuperMechaFrieza reaction up to the timeskip), and Uzumaki Khan is the GOAT.
The OP anime currently with Wano looks beautiful and has very nice animated moments. I don't think it has ever looked that good before. OP pre-TS was a nice adaptation up until they started doing a chapter per episode. The pacing does still suck now but w.e it's pointless to complain about since it'll never change.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top