Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
They did add 2 sq titles. That's something, I guess.
What 2 titles were added? World Trigger doesn't count and at least I've seen the very same 5 titles of always (being the most recent in publication Platinum End which feels old already)
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
What 2 titles were added? World Trigger doesn't count and at least I've seen the very same 5 titles of always (being the most recent in publication Platinum End which feels old already)
Seraph of the End and Twin Star Exorcists
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh, my brain betrayed me again. Seraph was already added before.
So just only twin star.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Yep, old titles. I'd like for some post-2015 SQ titles to be added in Mangaplus. But all the new stuff after HxEros is pretty unknown.

For V-Jump I guess only Boruto and DBS are relevant enough
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
After April of 2019 they didn't add any new J+ title did they?
everything I listed except Heart Gear was after April 2019.
Hina Change was June 2019
Dear Sa-Chan was July 2019
East Into The Night was October 2019
'Tis Time for Torture was October 2019
The Vertical World was November 2019

Everything has upload dates so you can go double check when chapter 1 was posted
 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Wonder if Kaku will make the jump (heh) to the main publication as well once Jigokuraku is completed. He's absolutely earned the ability to find his way onto the main stage.
Absolutely agree
Jigokuraku is a very good read, hope he gets a series on the main publication
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
So guys, out of what's currently running, which volume cover is your favorite from each series? Here's my picks, from debut order:
One Piece: I'd have to say volume 21-22’s cover art, since they kind of match up with each other. I like the way the Straw Hats and Baroque Works are all lined up and facing each other


Hunter: Can I even count this as currently running?


Haikyuu: Vol 36. Certainly took a weird turn but it looks nice


Academia: I don't really follow the series but damn, Vol 25’s cover looks amazing.


Black Clover: Vol 19's looks cool.


Yuuna: Vol 18’s cover because…...I have a thing for Japanese anime Chinese dresses and Yuuna looks really hot in it……


Kimetsu: Vol 4. It just caught my eye. I've prefered the covers with 2 people to ones with just a single person.


Neverland: Vol 14 for me.


Bokuben: Vol 1. It's just so simple yet effective. Plus, I miss when Fumino was actually cute.


Dr.Stone: Vol 7 because reasons….


Act-Age: Vol 10. I like Amachi's presence in the cover.


Jujutsu Kaisen: Vol 4. Gojo's face and pose is wicked.


Chainsaw Man: Vol 5. The illustration of Chainsaw vs Sword and the weird colors surrounding it just looks damn cool.



Too early for 2019 onwards but I like Yozakura and Mitama's Vol 2 cover.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I read Mashle only (although I'm seeing a lot of comments about KNY and MHA being super amazing and kinda makes me wanna get back into them but I'm also lazy).

Mashle was fucking great. Laughed my ass off for the majority of the chapter. Lance compliments Mash's character so well. Hope this keeps going.
Haven't you started reading AA or did you intend to start reading it someday in the future?
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Absolutely agree
Jigokuraku is a very good read, hope he gets a series on the main publication
Series like Kaku is more suited for YJ.
Jigokuraku reminds me of manga such as tokyo ghoul and terra formars.
But speaking of that, jjk would be more suited for YJ as well.
Well, whateve.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
So guys, out of what's currently running, which volume cover is your favorite from each series? Here's my picks, from debut order:
One Piece: I'd have to say volume 21-22’s cover art, since they kind of match up with each other. I like the way the Straw Hats and Baroque Works are all lined up and facing each other


Hunter: Can I even count this as currently running?


Haikyuu: Vol 36. Certainly took a weird turn but it looks nice


Academia: I don't really follow the series but damn, Vol 25’s cover looks amazing.


Black Clover: Vol 19's looks cool.


Yuuna: Vol 18’s cover because…...I have a thing for Japanese anime Chinese dresses and Yuuna looks really hot in it……


Kimetsu: Vol 4. It just caught my eye. I've prefered the covers with 2 people to ones with just a single person.


Neverland: Vol 14 for me.


Bokuben: Vol 1. It's just so simple yet effective. Plus, I miss when Fumino was actually cute.


Dr.Stone: Vol 7 because reasons….


Act-Age: Vol 10. I like Amachi's presence in the cover.


Jujutsu Kaisen: Vol 4. Gojo's face and pose is wicked.


Chainsaw Man: Vol 5. The illustration of Chainsaw vs Sword and the weird colors surrounding it just looks damn cool.



Too early for 2019 onwards but I like Yozakura and Mitama's Vol 2 cover.
Pics inside
One Piece


HxH




Haikyuu


MHA


Black Clover


Yuuna


Kimetsu


Neverland


WNL


Stone


Act-Age


JJK


CSM
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Starting today, there is a new anime streaming service called RetroCrush. Is like Crunchyroll, but focused in 70s, 80s and 90s series.

Regarding Jump, the service has the anime of Fist of the North Star, Cobra, and Cat's Eye. Since the app isn't available in Spain I can't check if it has more titles, but I wouldn't discard stuff like City Hunter being there too.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
So guys, out of what's currently running, which volume cover is your favorite from each series? Here's my picks, from debut order:
One Piece: I'd have to say volume 21-22’s cover art, since they kind of match up with each other. I like the way the Straw Hats and Baroque Works are all lined up and facing each other


Hunter: Can I even count this as currently running?


Haikyuu: Vol 36. Certainly took a weird turn but it looks nice


Academia: I don't really follow the series but damn, Vol 25’s cover looks amazing.


Black Clover: Vol 19's looks cool.


Yuuna: Vol 18’s cover because…...I have a thing for Japanese anime Chinese dresses and Yuuna looks really hot in it……


Kimetsu: Vol 4. It just caught my eye. I've prefered the covers with 2 people to ones with just a single person.


Neverland: Vol 14 for me.


Bokuben: Vol 1. It's just so simple yet effective. Plus, I miss when Fumino was actually cute.


Dr.Stone: Vol 7 because reasons….


Act-Age: Vol 10. I like Amachi's presence in the cover.


Jujutsu Kaisen: Vol 4. Gojo's face and pose is wicked.


Chainsaw Man: Vol 5. The illustration of Chainsaw vs Sword and the weird colors surrounding it just looks damn cool.



Too early for 2019 onwards but I like Yozakura and Mitama's Vol 2 cover.
Not counting those that are brand new with only 1 volume out. Also excluding Dr. Stone/Yuuna because I honestly don't really like any of their covers:
Act-age #10
Black Clover #24
Chainsaw Man #1
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #9
Haikyu!! #22
Hunter x Hunter #11
Jujutsu Kaisen #4
My Hero Academia #25
One Piece #62
The Promised Neverland #12
We Never Learn #4
 

FireFantasyVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
455
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For Volume Covers:

One Piece- Vol 89, I'm a huge sucker for Luffy vs Katakuri but there's so many good covers it's really hard to pick. I'm very partial to Vol 1 and Vol 37 as well

Haikyuu- Vol 34 or Vol 36

My Hero- Vol 25

Black Clover- Vol 15

Yuuna- Vol 6

Kimetsu- Vol 13, 17, or 19

TPN- Vol 18

Dr Stone- Vol 15

WNL- Vol 7, 9 or 12

Act Age- Vol 4

Jujutsu- Vol 8 or 9

CSM- Vol 5

Won't pick one for newbies as they only have a few but I like the simplicity of Mitama's, however I don't really like Yozakuras
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
This weeks chapters

Amazing: Chainsaw Man, My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer

Good: Black Clover, Haikyuu, Act-Age, Undead x Unluck, Dr. Stoner and Mashel

Ok: Jujutsu Kaisen, We Never learn, Yozokura Family, Zipman and Mitama

💩: Guardian Of The Witch, Agravity Boys and The Promised Neverland

🤔: One Piece and Hunter x Hunter

Don't read Yunna
 

Kushikime

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2019
Messages
167
Reaction score
359
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This weeks chapters

Amazing: Chainsaw Man, My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer

Good: Black Clover, Haikyuu, Act-Age, Undead x Unluck, Dr. Stoner and Mashel

Ok: Jujutsu Kaisen, We Never learn, Yozokura Family, Zipman and Mitama

💩: Guardian Of The Witch, Agravity Boys and The Promised Neverland

🤔: One Piece and Hunter x Hunter

Don't read Yunna
What did you like about Stone. I found it to be a throwaway chapter personally
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Starting today, there is a new anime streaming service called RetroCrush. Is like Crunchyroll, but focused in 70s, 80s and 90s series.

Regarding Jump, the service has the anime of Fist of the North Star, Cobra, and Cat's Eye. Since the app isn't available in Spain I can't check if it has more titles, but I wouldn't discard stuff like City Hunter being there too.
Speaking of old titles, just realized it's Ninku's 25th anime anniversary this year.
 

alekos23

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2013
Messages
602
Reaction score
1,183
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
wow OP Party's Nami looks normal.
 

westabyss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
195
Reaction score
523
Country
Germany
So guys, out of what's currently running, which volume cover is your favorite from each series? Here's my picks, from debut order:
One Piece: I'd have to say volume 21-22’s cover art, since they kind of match up with each other. I like the way the Straw Hats and Baroque Works are all lined up and facing each other


Hunter: Can I even count this as currently running?


Haikyuu: Vol 36. Certainly took a weird turn but it looks nice


Academia: I don't really follow the series but damn, Vol 25’s cover looks amazing.


Black Clover: Vol 19's looks cool.


Yuuna: Vol 18’s cover because…...I have a thing for Japanese anime Chinese dresses and Yuuna looks really hot in it……


Kimetsu: Vol 4. It just caught my eye. I've prefered the covers with 2 people to ones with just a single person.


Neverland: Vol 14 for me.


Bokuben: Vol 1. It's just so simple yet effective. Plus, I miss when Fumino was actually cute.


Dr.Stone: Vol 7 because reasons….


Act-Age: Vol 10. I like Amachi's presence in the cover.


Jujutsu Kaisen: Vol 4. Gojo's face and pose is wicked.


Chainsaw Man: Vol 5. The illustration of Chainsaw vs Sword and the weird colors surrounding it just looks damn cool.



Too early for 2019 onwards but I like Yozakura and Mitama's Vol 2 cover.
One Piece: That's a hard one because there are so many covers to choose from. In the end, it was between Vol. 2, 4, 9, 10, 46, 58, 62 and 91. And i went for 46. I like the how dynamic the cover is and how it shows the mood of the arc without spoiling too much. Also the light yellow background.

Act Age: Volume 9. Not much to say here.

Kimetsu no Yaiba: Its between 11 and 16. Probably 11 because this tone of pink really suits the look of the demonic Nezuko form.

Chainsaw Man: Volume 4. the calm blue color contrasted with the bloody character in the front, makes a nice contrast

JJK: Volume 8. Absolutely menacing.

MHA: A lot of GREAT covers. The best in Jump right now. I had 1, 19 and 25 against each other. Went for 19. It fits its arc perfectly. Also like the pop art look.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top