Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
So guys, out of what's currently running, which volume cover is your favorite from each series? Here's my picks, from debut order:
One Piece: I'd have to say volume 21-22’s cover art, since they kind of match up with each other. I like the way the Straw Hats and Baroque Works are all lined up and facing each other


Hunter: Can I even count this as currently running?


Haikyuu: Vol 36. Certainly took a weird turn but it looks nice


Academia: I don't really follow the series but damn, Vol 25’s cover looks amazing.


Black Clover: Vol 19's looks cool.


Yuuna: Vol 18’s cover because…...I have a thing for Japanese anime Chinese dresses and Yuuna looks really hot in it……


Kimetsu: Vol 4. It just caught my eye. I've prefered the covers with 2 people to ones with just a single person.


Neverland: Vol 14 for me.


Bokuben: Vol 1. It's just so simple yet effective. Plus, I miss when Fumino was actually cute.


Dr.Stone: Vol 7 because reasons….


Act-Age: Vol 10. I like Amachi's presence in the cover.


Jujutsu Kaisen: Vol 4. Gojo's face and pose is wicked.


Chainsaw Man: Vol 5. The illustration of Chainsaw vs Sword and the weird colors surrounding it just looks damn cool.



Too early for 2019 onwards but I like Yozakura and Mitama's Vol 2 cover.
In no order...

One Piece

Kimetsu

HxH

YnY (2 fav's, take a guess who's my fav character)


CSM (vol.5 is super close btw)

JJK

Act Age

Haikyuu

MHA

BC (dont read but like the character design of this character)

TPN (much like BC, I dont read it but this caught my eye)



Dr,stone...well I don't actually like any of the covers, in fact the first few covers are the worst I ever seen from WSJ.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Haven't you started reading AA or did you intend to start reading it someday in the future?
I read about 15 chapters but I ran into some roadblocks with work n stuff. So will need to get back into it.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Prompt: Predict which next couple or so manga will end in what order.

For me, it’ll be ZIPMAN, then Kimetsu, then Neverland, then one of the earlier newbies (mostly either Agravity, Miitama, or Yozakura, but I’ll go with Agravity), then Yuuna.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Zipman's obviously next but I'm not sure if Kimetsu's ending yet, I feel like there would have been a final chapter countdown if it was ending soon (have we even had a 'final arc' announcement? I forget). I can see it doing one more arc to properly wrap up everything and to find a way to do one certain thing.

Neverland's author comment this week was "It feels like it will last forever," so that could be a hint at it still having a bit left to go? Or maybe it's hinting that there's so little left but still feels like it'll be forever.

I think next after Zipman will probably be another newer series ending in Summer which Burn the Witch starts (Guardian of the Witch, as well as maybe Agravity, Yozakura, or Mitama, whichever gets the worst ToC positions in the next couple months). Then maybe Yuuna alongside Neverland and possibly Kimetsu.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This question is specifically for those of you that reside in the US currently.

Will you be spending your $1200/$2400 on something WSJ related, or no? Assuming you qualify, that is.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Zipman's obviously next but I'm not sure if Kimetsu's ending yet, I feel like there would have been a final chapter countdown if it was ending soon (have we even had a 'final arc' announcement? I forget). I can see it doing one more arc to properly wrap up everything and to find a way to do one certain thing.

Neverland's author comment this week was "It feels like it will last forever," so that could be a hint at it still having a bit left to go? Or maybe it's hinting that there's so little left but still feels like it'll be forever.

I think next after Zipman will probably be another newer series ending in Summer which Burn the Witch starts (Guardian of the Witch, as well as maybe Agravity, Yozakura, or Mitama, whichever gets the worst ToC positions in the next couple months). Then maybe Yuuna alongside Neverland and possibly Kimetsu.
Kimetsu and Neverland are respectively 5 and 6 chapters off from finishing their current volumes, there's a few weeks still yet.
 

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
Kimetsu and Neverland are respectively 5 and 6 chapters off from finishing their current volumes, there's a few weeks still yet.
I remember Souma got a 3 chapter countdown to the end - what's the chances this happens for KnY? Because I honestly don't see how it would last another volume unless they do a full epilogue arc that covers a volume's worth of chapters...
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
4,784
Country
Dragonstone
KnY also still has those Tomioka Gaiden chapters by the Bozebeats author that they could use to fill up the final volume, so it could even be ending sooner than that.
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
Honest question, why do many people find MHA 'exhausting' and are 'done' with it? Especially since the past 20 chapters or so are really well done.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
KnY also still has those Tomioka Gaiden chapters by the Bozebeats author that they could use to fill up the final volume, so it could even be ending sooner than that.
haven't they used Tomioka Gaiden yet?
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Honest question, why do many people find MHA 'exhausting' and are 'done' with it? Especially since the past 20 chapters or so are really well done.
The academy part is too damn weak. The cast is bloated with unnecessary characters.
There are moment of brilliant, like Twice. Still, boring repetitive part like random student or hero display their power is just tedious and dragging.
 
Last edited:

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
There's definitely stuff Kimetsu could do for a full epilogue arc beyond just post-fight wrap up, it probably wouldn't have much action but I can picture it spending a decent amount of time winding down and I'm sure it could figure out a way to have a fight of some kind in there. We'll just need to wait and see if it'll get a final chapter countdown announcement in the next could issues I suppose.

Honest question, why do many people find MHA 'exhausting' and are 'done' with it? Especially since the past 20 chapters or so are really well done.
Personally I just don't care about the pro heroes much (or the villains for that matter besides Toga and Twice), which have had most of the focus recently. There's been a couple good moments from the students this arc but the past 40-something chapters have been primarily about the pro heroes and villains doing stuff, it feels like ages since the students actually mattered.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
The final volume of Assassination Classroom only has 3 numbered chapters with the extra chapters and some one-shots filling the rest. Why do we keep assuming the final volume has to end at a certain point?
 

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
The final volume of Assassination Classroom only has 3 numbered chapters with the extra chapters and some one-shots filling the rest. Why do we keep assuming the final volume has to end at a certain point?
^ very true, didn't consider that
(also omg i just realised - is your profile pic the otter manga character from bakuman? how iconic)
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
The academy part is too damn weak. The cast is bloated with unnecessary characters.
There are moment of brilliant, like Twice. Still, boring repetitive part like random student or hero display their power is just tedious and dragging.
How is the academy part too weak? And the characters aren't "unnecessary" either, if I assume you're talking about the classmates, Just shows that there are many characters aiming to achieve the same goal. Plus, their character designs are all unique. I think the problem here is that the author introduced them all at the same time, he could have done it better by introducing them slowly.

But I disagree with the "random hero display their power is tedious and dragging". Each fight so far has had good pacing and each has importance to the story and their character's growth.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
I could see Kimetsu's final volume being full epilogue focused, with all the characters and potential plot threads having closure
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top