Original Work - Decay (Manga) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Original Work Decay (Manga)

rapstar

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cover Art

Decay Summary
Genre: Older Teen/Seinen, Fantasy, Fighting, Supernatural

In the World of Archipelago (group of islands), justice has reigned for many generations, but evil has lay dormant in this world of peace. Archipelago has been ruled by the Kingdom of Pandoras, who keeps peace by their own rules which have started to become corrupted. A cursed evil woman, Saliria Tombs who has been living in secret her entire life, soon emerges to execute her own mission and to show this world can never be truly peaceful.
This will be aimed towards a Older Teen/Seinen manga. It will have deaths, but no extremely violent scenes. We're going to be on other platforms to release chapters, so places like this will probably be not updated as fast. Thank you to anyone for viewing. We'd really love for you to subscribe to the Youtube, and if you got a Facebook, join the Facebook Group. Youtube will be the center source of most information. We're planning to do chapter previews with videos. We will update this post with replies showing updated info. Thank you for being interested!

Decay Youtube
Decay Facebook

World of Archipelago (13 Islands)
Isiria - Island full of exotic life and coexistence with nature.
Verta - Island of deserts.
Altera - Birthplace of fighting styles, ancient civilizations.
Tora - Land of technology and the future of humanity.
Capitory - Mountainous; peaceful; citizens come here for peace
Asura - Futal japan like; wars; forests
Sierra - Underground city
Lutora - Island of pleasure, riches, and sin
Tsuna - Four islands connected to each other. Atlantis like
Scarpa - Island of volcanoes and desolate living and ash walkers (monsters capable of living in extremly hot tempatures)
Varrown - Island of fog and mystery.
Kushua - Island of alcohol and capital trade
The Unknown Land - Birthplace of monsters and unknown regions.

Characters
(Main) Saliria Tombs - Born under an eclipse and hidden in the dark forests of Isira, Saliria Tombs was trained by her father to overcome any situation. Her motive is to show there is no peace in the world, and it might as well be done with. (Appears 1st chapter)

Princess Black - The Princess of the King of Pandoras. She's a spoiled brat. (Appears 1st chapter)

Knight Order in Pandoras (In order of highest to lowest rank)
Excalibur (General)
Prophet
Raizer
Crusader
Sabers
Squiers

Class Systems
Highest Class (King, Pope)
Higher Class (Priests, Nobles, Knights)
Middle Class (Blacksmiths, Carpenters, Commoners, Craftsmen)
Lower Class (Pirates, Merchants)
Peasants, Servants, Serfs

Other Artwork
Monsters

Arnix, Destroyer of Man

Other Dragon

Islands/Cities
City of Isiria Pen Sketch

Last edited:

Abysmal Flop

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The coding of your post is a sluggish.

rapstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
your right guess it is lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

BB Code has been updated. Everything is in view now.

Last edited:

Abysmal Flop

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am interested in reading it. Can you @ me when it gets update?
@rapstar

rapstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
yes i can ill be happy too .

rapstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
The 1st Chapter is in production. We are looking for it to be released in the Summer and latest being the Summer-Fall. Also, the cover was revised and redone and audience demographic.

We've made some updates to the main post. However, we have taken down quite a bit of information to leave it for the chapter releases and to clean the main post up a bit. Youtube and Facebook will be our two main places of news and info when we start to get the ball rolling with chapters. Before chapter one releases, we'll be giving updates, videos, and more on where to go to read the chapters.

Some vids have been posted on Youtube.

Check them out here https://www.youtube.com/c/decaymanga

@Abysmal Flop

Last edited:

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
What are the main influences (inspirations) for your manga, because it looks interesting? Your artwork reminds me of BLAME!.

rapstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are the main influences (inspirations) for your manga, because it looks interesting? Your artwork reminds me of BLAME!.
I've been inspired by a number of mangas as well as real life art. As far as manga and anime go, I'd say Bleach, Berserk, Gantz, Trigun Maximum, and Ghost in The Shell all have inspired me to work on my art. I like the roughness of Berserk, but Gantz is smooth. I have an image in my head and try to replicate it the best of my ability.

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
Is it going to be a one-shot manga or a long series?

rapstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it going to be a one-shot manga or a long series?
We'll be doing a long series. We're looking at seasonal chapter releases (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall), and some cool videos on the Youtube Channel to accompany the manga. We might do some original music as well!

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
Since It has some Berserk and Gantz influence, I'm looking forward to it !
When does the first chapter releases ?

rapstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, Berserk really influenced me in both story and art style. Gantz I just love how smooth the finished product is. Hellsing is another one of my influences.

First chapter will be releasing last month of Summer or close to Fall unless delays. We'll be on Webtoons for sure, and more than likely Tapas. Public releases will be free, unless anyone wants read it before public release. It'll be available for purchase before release. Still working on most of those details! Updates will be put on Youtube and Facebook faster. =)

Two new videos going up on the channel today. I'm posting some watercoloring in different parts. One new was added yesterday. Been posting regular weekly content of some of the production.

Check it out:
More drawing on the channel: www.youtube.com/c/decaymanga

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, Berserk really influenced me in both story and art style. Gantz I just love how smooth the finished product is. Hellsing is another one of my influences.

First chapter will be releasing last month of Summer or close to Fall unless delays. We'll be on Webtoons for sure, and more than likely Tapas. Public releases will be free, unless anyone wants read it before public release. It'll be available for purchase before release. Still working on most of those details! Updates will be put on Youtube and Facebook faster. =)

Two new videos going up on the channel today. I'm posting some watercoloring in different parts. One new was added yesterday. Been posting regular weekly content of some of the production.

Check it out:
More drawing on the channel: www.youtube.com/c/decaymanga
That's an awesome drawing! You should make this one the cover art and, of course, draw an epic background behind the character. That would be sick!

rapstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's an awesome drawing! You should make this one the cover art and, of course, draw an epic background behind the character. That would be sick!
Thanks Noodles! We're are actually thinking about putting this drawing on the back cover of the book as well when we hopefully get to a level of physical publishing. I'm going to be seeing what else I can do with it :)

@Abysmal Flop

We've got the dates on when the book will be releasing:
  • August 29th - 1st Ch Two Month Pre-Release
  • September 26th - 1st Ch One Month Pre-Release
  • October 31st - 1st Ch Worldwide Free Release on Webtoons and Tapastic
A lot will be led up to the free release. Pre-release going to be available to purchase. It's awesome we'll be releasing it Halloween. We're looking to get into some comic and anime/manga cons in the future.

The channel will have more awesome stuff on the way!

Last edited:

rapstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
We've created a Chapter 1 Promotional Cover with some of our first chapter characters. Check it out:

More stuff and updates are being posted on Youtube and Patreon, check it out.

www.youtube.com/c/decaymanga
www.patreon.com/decaymanga

We are also entering the Tezuka Manga Contest 2020. First chapter will be fully posted for the contest on Medibang August 29th. Here's the link to it:

Pages 5-10 of Chapter 1 have been added to the Medibang. Chapter 1 will have 29 pages.

29 Pages and releases August 29th...ain't that something. Everything falling into place nicely.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Great, and early news!

We are finished producing Chapter 1, and have decided to go ahead and release it very early! This is majorly due to the Tezuka Contest. Since the manga will be released early for the contest before the submission deadline (September 1st), we are going to put it on all platforms. By this weekend, it will be on Webtoons and Tapas as well. We'll have an exclusive version up for purchase the weekend.

Here is also, a Chapter 1 Cover and another Cover Art to go along with it.
Here is the link to view Chapter 1 - https://medibang.com/book/tu2007280824586880015321955/view/