Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 203 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I knew Kanao wouldn't die, it was obvious. That would have locked Tanji in hell and be really dumb.

I'm not against a lighter ending per se but it kind of felt like Tanjiro was supposed to die here and they didn't allow it because the series just got too big for the MC to die, the medicine coming back again felt very forced. But overall it's fine I guess, I don't mind a lighter ending.
I agree, maybe Tanjiro's death would have been more dramatic, but as everything was resolved it was also good for me.
If even Tokyo ghoul from young jump, which is a seinen magazine, had a happy ending, I see no problem for kimetsu to also follow this path.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So KnY ending? If so, I'm happy about that because I thought they would try to make a second part to it or something like that because of it's popularity
when will the popularity survey be?
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
My biggest issue with the series is Gotouge making Yoriichi, and by proxy Muzan, so absurdly powerful.
Prime Muzan should've started struggling against five Hashira, and upon defeating them with significant difficulty, the aging effect could have started to kick in so the wounded would be able to keep up with him. Instead, we had this huge clusterfuck of him easily outclassing everyone until the 3,000 effects of the drugs started becoming apparent, to the point that Tanjirou and Obanai could stalemate him.
As for Yoriichi, his taking Muzan down in one strike was just stupid.

I dislike that this didn't end with Tanjirou's death instead of his demonification as well, but I can understand that.
 

Serway

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 2, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Country
Greece
Loving the allusions in this chapter.

On ch. 200 we get a color page showing the fates of each protagonist, with those on the left coming out alive while those on the right have passed on. Notice how Tanjiro, while standing on the dying side, is still facing Nezuko, while Nezuko is also facing him. This looked to be an implicit farewell to me at the time, but it seems I was wrong.


Now on ch. 203 you can see those same dead people from ch. 200 pushing Tanjiro to go back to his sister.



In the end the color page was more of a reference to Tanjiro's oath to Tamayo and Yushiro when he said that his bonds with Nezuko will never be severed. Now we realize that in the end not even death managed to part them. ch 200 was not a farewell, but a way of telling that the siblings won't be separated. Brilliant writing right there.
 
Last edited:

aaannnnannan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
265
Reaction score
158
Age
25
Country
England
Loving the allusions in this chapter.

On ch. 200 we get a color page showing the fates of each protagonist, with those on the left coming out alive while those on the right have passed on. Notice how Tanjiro, while standing on the dying side, is still facing Nezuko, while Nezuko is also facing him. This looked to be an implicit farewell to me at the time, but it seems I was wrong.


Now on ch. 203 you can see those same dead people from ch. 200 pushing Tanjiro to go back to his sister.


In the end the color page was more of a reference to Tanjiro's oath to Tamayo and Yushiro when he said that his bonds with Nezuko will never be severed. Now we realize that in the end not even death managed to part them. It was not a farewell, but a way of telling that the siblings won't be separated. Brilliant writing right there.
Yeah I always thought that there was a reason why they did that , but I was convinced that Demon Tanjiro was gonna die so
 

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
Loving the allusions in this chapter.

On ch. 200 we get a color page showing the fates of each protagonist, with those on the left coming out alive while those on the right have passed on. Notice how Tanjiro, while standing on the dying side, is still facing Nezuko, while Nezuko is also facing him. This looked to be an implicit farewell to me at the time, but it seems I was wrong.


Now on ch. 203 you can see those same dead people from ch. 200 pushing Tanjiro to go back to his sister.



In the end the color page was more of a reference to Tanjiro's oath to Tamayo and Yushiro when he said that his bonds with Nezuko will never be severed. Now we realize that in the end not even death managed to part them. ch 200 was not a farewell, but a way of telling that the siblings won't be separated. Brilliant writing right there.
I love this manga to death but I wouldn't call the final fight/part brilliant writing. I don't hate it as much as some people do but there were definitely a couple issues with it. Honestly I am just so happy that all the Kimetsu-part-2 peeps got proven wrong as taking this manga any further would have made any issues we have now even worse.
Seriously though, when Kimetsu ends I'm going to have serious withdrawal symptoms - especially if they finish off on an emotional final goodbye chapter, which I guarantee will destroy me. Might not have been the best written shonen but that doesn't stop it from being one of my favourite series.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
So I'm mixed about this ending, I really could have preferred tanjiro to die in the end, demon or not
Honestly muzan fight was too long, plus too much deaths in it that it kinda killed how it hits emotionally unless it was one of your favorite
I pretty much was like this most of the muzan fight while reading "oh no... they died, that person too, who could have thought...next!!! I hope giyuu lives "
I think it could hit much harder if the fight wasn't that long (I mean it's not a RPG to have so many stages in a fight XD) and a few people died + tanjiro
Muzan was too op, that when demon tanjiro appeared there really was no way to kill him, only by that plot medicine
But what was I expecting form a shonen, I think the fact that there been so many death in the last chapters made me forget it's a shonen and not a seinen xD
 

Serway

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 2, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Country
Greece
I'll remember Kimetsu for the fact most of its battles were being resolved quickly in 1 go and not like in 10 encounters like in hundreds other shonen. Also for the fact I was left in tears with some villains I hated with a passion (e.x. Akaza). Final battle didn't really feel like a final battle, but honestly that was because the demon slayers were smart and used tons of preperation (aka drugs). Tanjiro dying would have made the story more memorable for sure, though I'm okay with him and Nezuko getting their happy end (they gotta go back to the mountain and sell that coal).

Overall KNY is one of those series I'll be keeping an eye on for movies/spinoffs/etc even after the story is over. Definitely will be looking out for the anime as well.
 

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
Look, I am a huge demon slayer Stan, but I will say that this chapter was very disappointing, not bleach or food wars bad to where it ruined the whole series because the series is still absolutely legendary and I would recommend it to anyone to read to the end. However, I still feel that this was a very rushed ending and while I am fine with Tanjirou living I would’ve much rather him die to send us off with a bittersweet, memorable, and darker ending than the average shonen (kind of like how ashita no joe ended). All in all still a spectacular series that will definitely become a classic for years to come I just hope the anime goes into much more detail and maybe even have a alternate ending.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
People wanting Tanjiro to die yet forget this is weekly shounen jump.

Seems a lot people forget KNY is shounen from weekly shounen jump.

wrong genre people

Weekly shounen jump hardly or not never kill Main characters
 

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
People wanting Tanjiro to die yet forget this is weekly shounen jump.

Seems a lot people forget KNY is shounen from weekly shounen jump.
In fairness a lot more people died in KnY than the norm for WSJ so maybe that's why they got their hopes up - but a protag is a protag after all lol.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
In fairness a lot more people died in KnY than the norm for WSJ so maybe that's why they got their hopes up - but a protag is a protag after all lol.
weekly shounen jump never kill main characters except Deathnote that because protagonist is evil bastard

From Hunter x hunter,Naruto,Bleach,Promise neverland and D gray man. Some of them kill a lot supporting characters never Main characters

You guys are looking at wrong genre

You guys Should watch Mobile suit iron blood orphans or berserk or maybe higurashi. No plot armour and everyone is expendable and even main characters dies or ousama the game. if yoy tragedy or everyone dies

Not KNY I am afraid.
 

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
People wanting Tanjiro to die yet forget this is weekly shounen jump.

Seems a lot people forget KNY is shounen from weekly shounen jump.

wrong genre people

Weekly shounen jump hardly or not never kill Main characters
1.That’s the reason why I wanted him to die so it can be different and memorable 2. Shonen isn’t a genre it’s a demographic there are plenty of grim dark shonen like devilman, attack on titan, jigoraku, beastars, and akame ga kill ( a story where the main character died) 3. This isn’t the fist shonen story where the Mac dies with ashita no joe and akame ga kill
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Jojo killed its main character multiple times
Compare to hundreds of weekly shounen jump out there jojo and Deathnote is only one. Its not realistic expectation 70 percent chance of main characters living and main characters dieng. It low percentage

Jojo has a lot main characters thats why they can afford it. Killing many main characters

Plus deathnote and Jojo are different types of main characters compare to Tanjiro and others shounens.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

1.That’s the reason why I wanted him to die so it can be different and memorable 2. Shonen isn’t a genre it’s a demographic there are plenty of grim dark shonen like devilman, attack on titan, jigoraku, beastars, and akame ga kill ( a story where the main character died) 3. This isn’t the fist shonen story where the Mac dies with ashita no joe and akame ga kill
You guys are looking at wrong genre in My opinion. Plus expecting way too much despite other weekly shounen jump hardly ever cross boundaries of killing main characters. Not even SNK has cross lines as main characters are still alive.


Akame ga kill Tatsumi and Akame didn t die in the manga
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
This whole plot twist was just an excuse for Tanjiro to recover from the deadly mortal injuries that would definitely have killed him. I'm not saying this plot twist of Tanjiro becoming a demon was bad per se, it made sense within the boundaries the story had set but it was unnecessary and pointless, assuming that's the end of it ofc. It just felt like an extra that didn't lead to anywhere besides saving the protagonist's life. I'm completely fine with the conclusion, but IMO if that was all Gotouge intended to do with this plot twist, then she shouldn't have done it in the first place. I understand that this is a shonen though and maybe I expected way too much with the possibility of the protagonist dying.
 
Last edited:

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
This whole plot twist was just an excuse for Tanjiro to recover from the deadly mortal injuries that would definitely have killed him. I'm not saying this plot twist of Tanjiro becoming a demon was bad per se, it made sense within the boundaries the story had set but it was unnecessary and pointless, assuming that's the end of it ofc. It just felt like an extra that didn't lead to anywhere besides saving the protagonist's life. I'm completely fine with the conclusion, but IMO if that was all Gotouge intended to do with this plot twist, then she shouldn't have done it in the first place. I understand that this is a shonen though and maybe I expected way too much with the possibility of the protagonist dying.
I agree with you most of it to Expected Tanjiro to die not even SNK even pull that off from final scene of the manga doesn t seem like it. Plus it very rare for weekly shounen jump to kill Main characters percentage is very low only handful done it.

So no one should be suprise Tanjiro lives.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hoping creator make Yoriichi spin off if there are no sequel

Yoriichi is so cool I wish I see more of this legendary demon slayers 😆😆

Like they did to Tokyo by making Arima main character of Tokyo ghoul jack

Hope Yoriichi gets one.
 

Athrin

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
731
Reaction score
919
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Perfectly fine with it ending this way. I've been reading the manga long before the anime was announce (and thus waiting forever for this place to get a dedicated section for KnY), and after sitting through it weekly, I'm glad it ended up with Tanjirou alive. His journey was rough for the jump and I just wanted some form of happiness for him. Happy endings are far from played out, and in a series like KNY - where almost everyone has a trash upbringing or history, I'm even more for the MC seeing it through the end.
 

IamAshleylol

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Age
30
Country
United States


Look like Obanai and Mitsuri are dead.
Makes no sense why they died lol last we seen they were lively and talking to eachother we didn’t get any afterlife scene and now there dead?! The medics didn’t even try to help them? We seen them tending to everyone’s wounds besides Obanai and mitsuri, that makes noooo sense. How the hell did Obanai die when all he did was lose his eyes 🙄 that isn’t life threatening at all! And mitsuri just got cut on her face and cheek. I know everyone was saying she lost her arms, but that was never confirmed and we never actually seen her lose them so I don’t believe it, it’s all speculation... so why are they dead 😂 like wtf
 

aaannnnannan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
265
Reaction score
158
Age
25
Country
England
Makes no sense why they died lol last we seen they were lively and talking to eachother we didn’t get any afterlife scene and now there dead?! The medics didn’t even try to help them? We seen them tending to everyone’s wounds besides Obanai and mitsuri, that makes noooo sense. How the hell did Obanai die when all he did was lose his eyes 🙄 that isn’t life threatening at all! And mitsuri just got cut on her face and cheek. I know everyone was saying she lost her arms, but that was never confirmed and we never actually seen her lose them so I don’t believe it, it’s all speculation... so why are they dead 😂 like wtf
I mean they both said that they were close to death and they didn’t even feel pain so it means that there were exhausted and lost too much blood . They also said they were gonna reincarniate and all that staff sooo
 

IamAshleylol

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Age
30
Country
United States
I mean they both said that they were close to death and they didn’t even feel pain so it means that there were exhausted and lost too much blood . They also said they were gonna reincarniate and all that staff sooo
Lol they said “IF we get reborn again as humans” kanroji legit said “i GUESS I’m dying” that isn’t very solid at all 😂 the way they were talking 100% seemed like they could be saved. Obanai only lost his eyes and mitsuri got cut how are those life threatening at alllllllll so wack haha I’m annoyed they died and seeing them in one panel is the only confirmation we got... every single other character you seen them die as soon as it happened, with them they were hugging eachother and talking and next we know they’re dead.... makes no sense to me :/
 

HHellenn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2019
Messages
204
Reaction score
614
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
We seen them tending to everyone’s wounds besides Obanai and mitsuri, that makes noooo sense. How the hell did Obanai die when all he did was lose his eyes
He visited the Muzan's jaws, literally. Not to consider that it is fatal, it's like thinking that sharks are harmless fish.
 
Top