Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,454
Reaction score
39,351
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
Bonus: Predict the US Box Office for KNY Mugen Train.
I'd hope at least $7-8 million if Corona doesn't mess things up. But I also think the KNY movie will have a much higher gross worldwide than Heroes Rising because of its insane popularity in Asia (and obviously Japan), if it releases in various East Asian countries in particular. And also the fact that it's canon and covers the next arc, so you kind of have to see the movie in some form if you plan to continue with the series in the future.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
MHA is also in a very curious love-hate situation. Earlier I posted how MHA is the most sold Jump manga in USA (more than One Piece and Kimetsu) and one of the most sold manga in Europe (the first ot second in many countries).

But at the same time I've seen a lot of people (at least in Spain) who are big fans of almost all Jump (Haikyuu, Kimetsu, Dr.Stone, etc) but are very indifferent to MHA or they don't like it.

Is a curious situation
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
¥5.55 billion ($52.1 million) - One Piece: Stampede (2019)

¥4.00 billion ($36.0 million) - Dragon Ball Super: Broly (2018)

¥1.73 billion ($15.7 million) - My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising
as usual credit to corpse on the only place that have these data easily


side note, only jump only recent
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
MHA is also in a very curious love-hate situation. Earlier I posted how MHA is the most sold Jump manga in USA (more than One Piece and Kimetsu) and one of the most sold manga in Europe (the first ot second in many countries).

But at the same time I've seen a lot of people (at least in Spain) who are big fans of almost all Jump (Haikyuu, Kimetsu, Dr.Stone, etc) but are very indifferent to MHA or they don't like it.

Is a curious situation
Meh, I think it happens with every Shonen Jump series that gets mega popular. There’s a lot of people who wouldn’t care for it. I’m seeing it happen with Kimetsu no Yaiba in some places, so I chalk it up to a silent majority.

as usual credit to corpse on the only place that have these data easily


side note, only jump only recent
God, imagine the Mugen Train movie once it releases in theaters. 6 billion yen at minimum?
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
:oh I don't know, since this virus is unpredictable, I can see the movie being delayed. But it can easily get to 2 or 3B yens. Dunno about worldwide. From I could see, aniplex seems it will dub the movie.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Bonus: Predict the US Box Office for KNY Mugen Train.
Aniplex might go all out or work with Funimation (like they did for Bunny Girl Senpai) but in my experience even for large franchises like Fate their screenings are much more limited than Funimation's are typically (especially when comparing to DBS and MHA). They pretty much always do limited run, on Tuesday night, barely in any non-major city (wouldn't impact US box office but barely existent at all in Canada). If that's the case here I think it would have trouble even getting close to MHA even if it sells out. I hope I'm wrong though.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
as usual credit to corpse on the only place that have these data easily


side note, only jump only recent
Some of those numbers look a bit too high, but then I realized that it's adjusting for inflation.

Adjusting for inflation is usually frowned upon within box office analysis circles. But eh, whatevs.
 

Aiga

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Messages
105
Reaction score
267
Age
28
Country
Egypt
Some of those numbers look a bit too high, but then I realized that it's adjusting for inflation.

Adjusting for inflation is usually frowned upon within box office analysis circles. But eh, whatevs.
There is practically no inflation in Japan.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Some of those numbers look a bit too high, but then I realized that it's adjusting for inflation.

Adjusting for inflation is usually frowned upon within box office analysis circles. But eh, whatevs.
a. lol adjusting for inflation is frowned upon... I get that some people don't like it, but adjusted for inflation is a metric that helps in seeing the bigger picture

b. domestic, so just look at local currency, which are not adjusted, also this will go into how profit are calculated so go with the reported local gross even for worldwide numbers
 

Aiga

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Messages
105
Reaction score
267
Age
28
Country
Egypt
I'm not referring to the Japanese currency part.
I think corpse calculate to USD with the same rate as when the movie came out.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia

Griff

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
121
Reaction score
82
Age
25
Country
Canada
What does One Piece volume 96 sales look like compared to 95?
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
No series has gotten pushed to death aside from like Toriko but KnY definitely got its push and was an attempt to make it a huge seller (depending on how you define a huge seller)
Pushing is a valid business practice and should only be frowned upon when it ended up in failure (cues s8).
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hi I am new here.
Can you post the sales chart for one piece with the Ltd if you have them?
OP hasn't put out limited editions after Oricon started tracking manga sales. (Also, welcome)
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
So... any last minute ToC predictions?

I'm hoping Mashle stays in the top half and Undead can escape the bottom 5.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top