Chapter Tower of God Chapter 482 Spoilers & Discussion

cash2088

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
812
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cape Verde
I'll go on record and say I think Urek is stronger, and capable.

This isn't a desire of mine, I just think that's what the story is hinting at.
Yeah, I dunno I’m still of the mind they are about equal for all intents and purpose.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
It's a matter of opinion. What is clear is that Baam and Urek are the only ones with the potential to defeat him.
any irregular pretty much has the potential. tho im sure the thorn (or enryu) is still required to kill an immortal, no?
 

cash2088

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
812
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cape Verde
any irregular pretty much has the potential. tho im sure the thorn (or enryu) is still required to kill an immortal, no?
I don’t see many asking Gustang, wasn’t an easy task for V, Something attributing to Urek and his “perfection”

also he straight threatened Gustang... No Qualms so to account for potential vs Urek being believed to be able to is a defining line.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Some also think Rachel is an irregular... So
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,414
Gender
Male
Country
France
any irregular pretty much has the potential. tho im sure the thorn (or enryu) is still required to kill an immortal, no?
No they don't. It is clear that Baam and Urek are the only one with the raw talent to do so. Data Eduan even said that in the HF arc, that if Data Zahard loves challenge, he should let Baam(the one who has potential to reach his level) escape to let him try to beat his real self(the final boss). The Thorn, as powerful as it is, is a weapon in the end. All Irregulars, even Rankers(who were Regulars) have their sets of powerful weapons. It is quite obvious that Zahard was stronger than his teammates, nowadays some think V was his equal, or stronger etc, but no one puts the likes of Hon, Eduan etc at his level.

People compare mostly Baam to Zahard, not to Hon, or Eduan, or Yurin etc. Even among his peers, Zahard was exceptional that's a fact.
 
Last edited:

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Yeah, I dunno I’m still of the mind they are about equal for all intents and purpose.
Agreed also highly likely.

But when I consider:

- the mention of how fast Urek climbed (yes, it's a kinder, gentler tower... But then why bother to mention it pointedly?)

- the mention of his data being unable to be contained on data floor, while Zahard's could (this one speaks for itself, but was of course pre king-contract. Again though, why was this mentioned?)

- Garam's request. Garam is in a unique position - she's a princess, got the tea from the strongest princess, has Arlen's pocket, and just overall seems to be knowledgeable about things esoteric to the tower. She doesn't strike me as naive, stupid, or foolish. Yet she asks for Urek specifically (knowing he's an irregular thus at least capable on paper) to do the dead. Does this confirm anything? Of course not but circumstantially lends more credit combined with other reasons to think there's probably a slight edge.

So, at least equal, maybe even stronger.

IMO.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Some also think Rachel is an irregular... So
pretty sure SUI confirmed she was an irregular in a blog. Just no where near as special as baam. doubt she is gonna do much soon.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I don’t see many asking Gustang, wasn’t an easy task for V, Something attributing to Urek and his “perfection”

also he straight threatened Gustang... No Qualms so to account for potential vs Urek being believed to be able to is a defining line.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Some also think Rachel is an irregular... So
Another good point.

Garam and Gustang are in cahoots and on the same page about Zahard.

Yet she doesn't ask Gustang (that we know). She asks Urek. And Gustang doesn't think it's even possible without the bracelet (whatever benefit that is).

i.e., Gustang would have prior to now if he felt like he could.

Juxtaposed with Urek who doesn't need anything but convincing. He's just not that whipped. Maybe he has self-doubts about it. Probably more he takes moral issue with it and/or just doesn't care. He does what HE wants to. A true Chad and someone to salute.
 

cash2088

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
812
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cape Verde
Agreed also highly likely.

But when I consider:

- the mention of how fast Urek climbed (yes, it's a kinder, gentler tower... But then why bother to mention it pointedly?)

- the mention of his data being unable to be contained on data floor, while Zahard's could (this one speaks for itself, but was of course pre king-contract. Again though, why was this mentioned?)

- Garam's request. Garam is in a unique position - she's a princess, got the tea from the strongest princess, has Arlen's pocket, and just overall seems to be knowledgeable about things esoteric to the tower. She doesn't strike me as naive, stupid, or foolish. Yet she asks for Urek specifically (knowing he's an irregular thus at least capable on paper) to do the dead. Does this confirm anything? Of course not but circumstantially lends more credit combined with other reasons to think there's probably a slight edge.

So, at least equal, maybe even stronger.

IMO.
Well I definitely agree that is evidence toward your belief. I can’t refute it at this point...

I will say Baam will benefit from Urek so maybe the tower let him in for another reason....
Another good point.

Garam and Gustang are in cahoots and on the same page about Zahard.

Yet she doesn't ask Gustang (that we know). She asks Urek. And Gustang doesn't think it's even possible without the bracelet (whatever benefit that is).

i.e., Gustang would have prior to now if he felt like he could.

Juxtaposed with Urek who doesn't need anything but convincing. He's just not that whipped. Maybe he has self-doubts about it. Probably more he takes moral issue with it and/or just doesn't care. He does what HE wants to. A true Chad and someone to salute.
chad galore!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

pretty sure SUI confirmed she was an irregular in a blog. Just no where near as special as baam. doubt she is gonna do much soon.
Yeah, I was just pointing out not ALL irregulars are created equal or can kill “The Big Z”
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I also think it's more interesting that there's someone ABLE to defeat the main baddie from early in the story - he just doesn't WANT TO (if that's indeed what's keeping him from trying)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also consider:

Arguably Enryu COULD HAVE killed Zahard. But he didn't.

Phanti COULD HAVE killed Zahard (inarguably). But he didn't.

Macseth possibly has tech - or extra-tower access to tech - that enables him to depose Zahard (either alone or with GB). And he doesn't seem to want to.

Gustang - now with more bracelet! - seems to think he can now take Zahard.




So Urek being yet another that's possibly able to take Zahard isn't that crazy. Zahard isn't the be-all, end-all power titan. He's UP THERE no doubt. But it's more interesting with a multipolar battle possibility. An uneasy peace that Maschenny alluded to...
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Arguably Enryu COULD HAVE killed Zahard. But he didn't.

Phanti COULD HAVE killed Zahard (inarguably). But he didn't.
Not a good argument, considering they are actually ranked above Zahard for just their power alone.

anyway, no one is going anywhere with this. you said it yourself is just an opinion at this point.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Not a good argument, considering they are actually ranked above Zahard for just their power alone.

anyway, no one is going anywhere with this. you said it yourself is just an opinion at this point.
That's good it's not a good argument, because it wasn't one. It was an aside that I appreciate there being other power-players in the tower rather than the singular and stereotypical big baddie on his own level. Another thing unique about TOG.

I made my *arguments* about/for Urek above that. They were ignored.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
That's good it's not a good argument, because it wasn't one. It was an aside that I appreciate there being other power-players in the tower rather than the singular and stereotypical big baddie on his own level. Another thing unique about TOG.

I made my *arguments* about/for Urek above that. They were ignored.
Who ignored them? cause i certainly wasnt arguing with you about that, just pointing out the bad argument. im not going to debate your position. i though it was cleared that it was up in the air and there was no clear answer.
 

EternalWinter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
3,889
Age
35
Country
United States
Another good point.

Garam and Gustang are in cahoots and on the same page about Zahard.

Yet she doesn't ask Gustang (that we know). She asks Urek. And Gustang doesn't think it's even possible without the bracelet (whatever benefit that is).

i.e., Gustang would have prior to now if he felt like he could.

Juxtaposed with Urek who doesn't need anything but convincing. He's just not that whipped. Maybe he has self-doubts about it. Probably more he takes moral issue with it and/or just doesn't care. He does what HE wants to. A true Chad and someone to salute.
Gustang says WT in total can only match one family though. The way I see it, Urek might be slightly below Zahad, but he hasn't grown a lot, he started out at that level. HF likely couldn't contain current Zahad either
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Enryu being able to beat Admin #43 means nothing. Zahad was able to make deals with all the admins up till 135 decided nah. We have no idea if Enryu could have killed the admin that makes Zahad invulnerable to attacks

Also did Khel like not know about Zahad's two contracts?

Urek thought he should be ranked above Phant, this might be cuz they know each other from a previous life, but he doesn't wanna mess with Zahad. I doubt it's as simple as Baam is destined for it. The guy really loves Garam and wont do it even for her
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Who ignored them? cause i certainly wasnt arguing with you about that, just pointing out the bad argument. im not going to debate your position. i though it was cleared that it was up in the air and there was no clear answer.
Again, it wasn't an argument for Urek being above Zahard. That argument was made separately. You didn't address those points. I repeated that I gave you some reasons again when you prompted for them.

What I was stating was secondary to me being appreciative of the thought that Urek could but simply doesn't want to. I find that prospect pretty hilarious and unique. I then pondered that there are, or have been, others that could have or could also take Zahard in the future. That's more interesting.

So, it can't be a 'bad argument' when it was never intended to be. It was... Not an argument.

If you're wondering why I think Urek tops Zahard in strength I've been pretty clear from my first response to you, and others to Cash as to why.

I think I've been pretty clear on this. Unsure what you want at this point.

Gustang says WT in total can only match one family though. The way I see it, Urek might be slightly below Zahad, but he hasn't grown a lot, he started out at that level. HF likely couldn't contain current Zahad either
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Enryu being able to beat Admin #43 means nothing. Zahad was able to make deals with all the admins up till 135 decided nah. We have no idea if Enryu could have killed the admin that makes Zahad invulnerable to attacks

Also did Khel like not know about Zahad's two contracts?
Means nothing? Enryu can do something - or COULD do something - that Zahard cannot do. That makes it pretty clear he has the edge in power.
 

EternalWinter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
3,889
Age
35
Country
United States
Again, it wasn't an argument for Urek being above Zahard. That argument was made separately. You didn't address those points. I repeated that I gave you some reasons again when you prompted for them.

What I was stating was secondary to me being appreciative of the thought that Urek could but simply doesn't want to. I find that prospect pretty hilarious and unique. I then pondered that there are, or have been, others that could have or could also take Zahard in the future. That's more interesting.

So, it can't be a 'bad argument' when it was never intended to be. It was... Not an argument.

If you're wondering why I think Urek tops Zahard in strength I've been pretty clear from my first response to you, and others to Cash as to why.

I think I've been pretty clear on this. Unsure what you want at this point.



Means nothing? Enryu can do something - or COULD do something - that Zahard cannot do. That makes it pretty clear he has the edge in power.
Does matter, unless you can deal with the Guardian who gave zahad his invuln. contract, no attack will hurt him
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,329
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
If Ari Bright Sharon was an obese unattractive woman, no one would have looked twice (think Lollipop girl from the Hell Train arc.)

The only reason people seem to care about her is because she's attractive.
You aren't wrong.
 

EternalWinter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
3,889
Age
35
Country
United States
From SIU

There will be more story on Urek and Garam's relationship in the future,
and there will be another more important event coming up,
so if you're interested in Urek and Garam's relationship, stay tuned.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You aren't wrong.
Yeah but SIU just killed a much more attractive single mom with a sad story like 2 weeks ago
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Again, it wasn't an argument for Urek being above Zahard. That argument was made separately. You didn't address those points. I repeated that I gave you some reasons again when you prompted for them.

What I was stating was secondary to me being appreciative of the thought that Urek could but simply doesn't want to. I find that prospect pretty hilarious and unique. I then pondered that there are, or have been, others that could have or could also take Zahard in the future. That's more interesting.

So, it can't be a 'bad argument' when it was never intended to be. It was... Not an argument.

If you're wondering why I think Urek tops Zahard in strength I've been pretty clear from my first response to you, and others to Cash as to why.

I think I've been pretty clear on this. Unsure what you want at this point.



Means nothing? Enryu can do something - or COULD do something - that Zahard cannot do. That makes it pretty clear he has the edge in power.
Do you not get that i dont care for your points? i DONT WANT TO DEBATE YOU. it is an opinion that we are not gonna change our minds about. i just pointed out that enryu and phanta are flawed logic... thats it. i didnt mean anything else. So if you are unsure what i want at this point, i hope this makes it clear that i want nothing.

yeah, enryu killing a guardian definitely means a lot. dont know why the user thought it means nothing. thats a huuuuge stretch.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Does matter, unless you can deal with the Guardian who gave zahad his invuln. contract, no attack will hurt him
flawed logic, you do know an irregular can kill zahard, correct? you know the thorn outright bypasses immortality, right?
 
Top