Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,597
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Plot twist: Togashi announces his retirement from the manga industry, leaves HxH incomplete

jk
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Plot twist: Togashi announces his retirement from the manga industry, leaves HxH incomplete

jk
Given his health problem, I wouldn't be surprised. It's why I'd much rather prefer him taking his time.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I still maintain that HxH's main story actually finished 7 years ago, and we're on part 2 now (like Jojo parts).
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
I still maintain that HxH's main story actually finished 7 years ago, and we're on part 2 now (like Jojo parts).
Kurapika's Bizaare Adventure
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
hard prediction here but my bet is in september
1) burn the witch will start
2) 1 new manga will start
3) HunterxHunter will return
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Predicting this right now since issues 28-31 covers are going to be the newbies:

Issue 32 is going to be almost 100% My Hero Academia for the 6th anniversary.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Funny you mention that since that had epilogue chapters in Jump NEXT!!...either that or it had extra stuff on the Volume release, don't remember all that well.
Really? I’d like to read them, if I can find it.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kurapika's Bizaare Adventure
to becoming a woman, marrying Leorio, having a house in a peaceful village and raising a happy family together.
Yeah, sounds quite bizarre to me. XD
Honestly though, I don't see HxH returning this year. Maybe next year we are luckier.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Really? I’d like to read them, if I can find it.
You might already have read them. It ended in Shonen Jump with 28 chapters, but the Volumes go to chapter 31.
 

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
Saw the final chapter of Yuuna. Waiting for translations but damn.

That was disappointing. I'll make one last comment about it, before I fully move on to getting myself hyped about Ayakashi Triangle.

EDIT: I'm going back and reading Koisome Momiji, that honestly had a better ending.
Seriously what’s up with shonen jump and crappy endings.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,597
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You know how much Boruto sold this week? @Ryuusei
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Seriously what’s up with shonen jump and crappy endings.
This is bsaically the whole industry. Gantz still for me the worst ending that i read (The whole final chapters were pretty terrible too)
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Seriously what’s up with shonen jump and crappy endings.
In general it’s just very difficult to end a serious after running it for years.

On top of that it’s very rare that you get someone like Oda who has a solid idea of how everything will end earlier on.

I’d imagine most mangaka for a weekly Shonen series comes into a magazine with an exact idea of how things will wrap up.
But after years and years making new chapters, editorial meetings, etc. what they want to do with the story evolves as things go on.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Of series this decade Kimetsu no Yaiba and Ass Class both had really good and fitting endings. WNL should be great too as long as it does actually give each girl their own volume. Zumou's was fine too, nothing amazing but certainly not bad either.

I'd say we're about 50/50 on good to bad endings. recently.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
M+ published a 100 chapters of Bleach this time.


I’m pretty sure it’s 60% action, 20% romcom and 20% ecchi.

I think the editors pretty much forced Yabuki to put in a significant amount of ecchi. To be honest though, I’d rather it have 30% romcom with the rest being ecchi, about the same amount Black Cat did.
It's been a while since I read it, but I don't remember Black Cat being either ecchi or romcom.


In general it’s just very difficult to end a serious after running it for years.

On top of that it’s very rare that you get someone like Oda who has a solid idea of how everything will end earlier on.

I’d imagine most mangaka for a weekly Shonen series comes into a magazine with an exact idea of how things will wrap up.
But after years and years making new chapters, editorial meetings, etc. what they want to do with the story evolves as things go on.
It's still weird though. I understand the problem when a series gets axed suddenly, but these long-time authors usually have plenty of time to think about how they want to wrap things up.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Toriko had the best ending in recent years
 

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
It's been a while since I read it, but I don't remember Black Cat being either ecchi or romcom.
It had fan service but it is honestly just as bad as other shonen battle manga, way to tame to be considered ecchi.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Toriko had the best ending in recent years
For me personally my favorite shonen jump ending this past decade was definitely assassination classroom. With a lot of jump series (not all of course but still a lot imo) the endings are mediocre at best. However asassination classroom I couldn’t think of a better ending. It was extremely emotional and satisfying and that is the ending I feel a lot of shonen jump series should strive for.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Many (and I really mean many) Jump and Jump+ artists drew celebratory illustrations for Ao no Exorcist's 10th birthday. If anyone's interested.


























You know how much Boruto sold this week? @Ryuusei
It's out of the chart.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top