Chapter - Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 33 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 33 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'm feeling quite uncultured here, I don't know who he is. In fact, I haven't heard of like half the humans. Am I the only one :XD
Oh. I read a lot and watch a lot of anime series featuring the Shinsengumi so I just assumed others would know about him too :XD But yeah he's always portrayed as one of, if not the best fighter in the group even though he had tuberculosis which affected his overall ability. So that's why I'm excited to see him unrestricted. Looking at those eyes of his you know he's going to be insane lol.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh. I read a lot and watch a lot of anime series featuring the Shinsengumi so I just assumed others would know about him too :XD But yeah he's always portrayed as one of, if not the best fighter in the group even though he had tuberculosis which affected his overall ability. So that's why I'm excited to see him unrestricted. Looking at those eyes of his you know he's going to be insane lol.
A kid is excited to fight a full powered god. Nuff said.

TarXan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently Okita has never lost a fight

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh. I read a lot and watch a lot of anime series featuring the Shinsengumi so I just assumed others would know about him too :XD
All good ;)

But yeah he's always portrayed as one of, if not the best fighter in the group even though he had tuberculosis which affected his overall ability. So that's why I'm excited to see him unrestricted. Looking at those eyes of his you know he's going to be insane lol.
I totally missed his eyes :facepalm :zomg

Maybe I was right about myself :XD

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Which look for you guys prefer ?

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually prefer the non-purple look. It looks more realistic.
I just googled Shiva & hes depicted as blue/purple as well as the other Hindu gods

But I agree with you lol

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just googled Shiva & hes depicted as blue/purple as well as the other Hindu gods

But I agree with you lol
The purple seems like it's too much.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm actually digging the blue/purple look, there's an aura about it XD

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, so Buddha is the traitor. Wonder what his deal is.

I was also wondering if the Tourney Structure would break down. Seems like this is a great moment for it to do so.

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Ah, so Buddha is the traitor. Wonder what his deal is.
If I'm not mistaken, Buddha, just like Herc, used to be human. It might have something to do with that. Loki also mentioned that he wasn't full god.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 33 out

Banger chapter :feelsgoodman though the wait for the next is gonna be agonizing :feelsbadman

Man, it was heart-wrenching to see Raiden's muscles crush his bones, especially at the age of 3. He really is something else, overcoming that and becoming one of the best ever despite the sealing. Seeing that final form, this is about to get absolutely crazy. Think this will surpass Zeus v. Adam, as this just won't be high speed punches. And to think, I wasn't expecting much from him after last chap and picked him in the replacement thread :facepalm

Raiden x Thrud best ship, hands down

Other side, I'm loving everything about Buddha. The design was unexpected, but fire, and his no fucks, come at me attitude :hip And Loki always spicing things up, not surprising he unraveled this. Though surprising he's about to become the Gods' mvp/savior before he even officially fights, lol.

Then there's everyone else. Bishamonten and his posse look like they'll be entertaining at the very least. Like Bel said, Okita looks insane and Kondou has that calming presence. And of course Kojiro, and his involvement here makes me think Jack will eventually be key in some behind the scenes action for Brunhilde.

The hype for this fight>>>>>>>
Imagine the collateral damage from this interrupting the current match, exactly when Shiva's about to do his special move 😂

Last edited:

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Btw really not putting much faith into Raiden here.
Shiva real world lore wise is very strong.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Btw really not putting much faith into Raiden here.
Shiva real world lore wise is very strong.
I take it Raiden's true form didn't arouse you :heh

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
When you turn tetanus into a superpower.

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really not interested in the Raiden v. Shiva fight and it honestly feels like the author isn't either. I have no faith in Raiden like I did in all the other contestants (expect maybe Lu Bu). He seems like a fine character, but I kinda just don't care about him. I also can't see the author giving humanity three straight wins. The stuff with Buddha and Loki is far more interesting. Buddha, in particular, feels like he's going to be a really fun character. Sasaki showing back up also gives me hope that Jack won't just disappear for the rest of the series. The Seven Lucky Gods feel a bit random and silly, but they are likely to be really funny (especially the dude with a fish gun).

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 33 out

Banger chapter :feelsgoodman though the wait for the next is gonna be agonizing :feelsbadman

Man, it was heart-wrenching to see Raiden's muscles crush his bones, especially at the age of 3. He really is something else, overcoming that and becoming one of the best ever despite the sealing. Seeing that final form, this is about to get absolutely crazy. Think this will surpass Zeus v. Adam, as this just won't be high speed punches. And to think, I wasn't expecting much from him after last chap and picked him in the replacement thread :facepalm

Raiden x Thrud best ship, hands down

Other side, I'm loving everything about Buddha. The design was unexpected, but fire, and his no fucks, come at me attitude :hip And Loki always spicing things up, not surprising he unraveled this. Though surprising he's about to become the Gods' mvp/savior before he even officially fights, lol.

Then there's everyone else. Bishamonten and his posse look like they'll be entertaining at the very least. Like Bel said, Okita looks insane and Kondou has that calming presence. And of course Kojiro, and his involvement here makes me think Jack will eventually be key in some behind the scenes action for Brunhilde.

The hype for this fight>>>>>>>
Imagine the collateral damage from this interrupting the current match, exactly when Shiva's about to do his special move 😂
Yeah this chapter was completely amazing especially the way it escalated, I’m glad we’re pulling away from the tournament esque formula and getting into more side plots to progress the story

I don’t think Buddha’s the traitor, I think he’s just an asshole or just wants to fight Loki for whatever reason

Also Okita looks fucking sick, easily my new best boy, he looks crazy strong and I don’t think he has his Volund yet
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think something will happen that may cause Loki, Buddha & Okita to be disqualified/replaced by other combatants

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
To think that we won't have a chapter for the next three months after ending with such cliffhangers for both sides is truly painful :feelsbadman :emobirb

Raiden's transformation reminds me of Zeus' Adamas Form in the sense that he comprised his muscles, but it also works differently. Zeus only comprised his initial muscles, but Raiden had a massive increase in muscle mass and then comprised all of this in a thinner figure than before thanks to the Volund. Now he should be at least way stronger and probably faster judging by his appearance. Shiva still hasn't done anything but in the next chapter, he'll probably get overwhelmed and be forced to show his full power.

After seeing the conversation between Buddha and Loki, the first one didn't admit that he was a traitor. It would be funny as hell if he wasn't and just challenged the other Gods out of boredom into making them think that he was a traitor and had to be eliminated, lmao.

Whichever the case is, both Loki and Buddha are ascending the ladder to become my favourite God really quickly. I really liked their interactions in this chapter. Buddha just doesn't give a shit and is super disrespectful towards the other Gods. He doesn't even bother to try to avoid conflict and is open to challenge all the Gods. For a figure that is more often than not portrayed to be very caring, knowledgable and meditative, I liked this contrast a lot. Loki... I always liked cunning and charismatic bastards. His abilities and personality make up for really interesting plot twists in the future. Bishamonten looks really good too. I think the art and the designs, as well as the faces the characters do really help a lot.

I don't think we're going to see a full-scale battle between the humans and the Gods here. At most a small clash. Maybe some of the 7 Lucky Gods will get defeated in order to hype up the humans, but that's it IMO. Maybe the roster for the Gods will end up being changed if Buddha ends up being a traitor. To be honest, I would rather not have him as a traitor, since that would diminish the chances of him getting an official match. At the same time, it could be really interesting plot-wise if he was.

Now, I'm gonna try to not commit seppuku for the next three months :XD

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe it's too obvious? But Buddha didn't admit that he is a traitor. I wonder if there is a twist.

Cool chapter, Raiden's story was nice.
I think Buddha was just looking for trouble, maybe him & Loki have a history of being on bad terms ? I still think it’s Loki or maybe Hermès helping the humans

The only reason I suspect Loki is because in the Nordic myths he’s one of the instigators or people that trigger Ragnorak
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Loki must be really strong if he believes he can kill Buddha, also he scared off the other Gods with his aura

Okita looks crazy op too, he’s never lost a fight & he’s willing to fight multiple Gods without a Volund with extreme confidence
--- Double Post Merged, ---

What do you guys think will happen next chapter ?