Moderator Notice: Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.
These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei
Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi
GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
I do want some of those to be axed, lol. I just don't really feel like complaining about the series I don't like all the time, and bother needlessly people who do enjoy them.
Ultimately, Jump series will come and go. I’m sure some of them will be successful but many others will fail. So even if Jump is filled with a lot of gags, I can see half of them being gone a year from now.
The biggest reason series such as Yozakura, Miitama, Agravity, and even Undead Unluck have persisted so long is because established series have ended in rather quick succession. And We Never Learn and Chainsaw Man look like they’ll follow suit within a year.
I think Jump will sort itself out over time, so I don’t really complain. I will get attached to series, but if they don’t sell at the end of the day, so be it.
Ultimately, Jump series will come and go. I’m sure some of them will be successful but many others will fail. So even if Jump is filled with a lot of gags, I can see half of them being gone a year from now.
The biggest reason series such as Yozakura, Miitama, Agravity, and even Undead Unluck have persisted so long is because established series have ended in rather quick succession. And We Never Learn and Chainsaw Man look like they’ll follow suit within a year.
I think Jump will sort itself out over time, so I don’t really complain. I will get attached to series, but if they don’t sell at the end of the day, so be it.
I agree with Yozakura and Undead unluck. Now regarding Mitama and Agravity boys, I don't know if they will continue, especially Agravity.
Mitama, I believe that they would rather sacrifice bone collection than lose Mitama.
I agree with Yozakura and Undead unluck. Now regarding Mitama and Agravity boys, I don't know if they will continue, especially Agravity.
Mitama, I believe that they would rather sacrifice bone collection than lose Mitama.
I think Undead wouldn't have been axed even if established series were still here. They probably would have axed Yozakura, Mitama or Agravity instead rather than axing Undead.
Also why especially Agravity? Why would they axe Agravity but not axe Mitama? It's not like Mitama does that well, and it sells way worse than Agravity. At least Agravity has been getting reprints.
I'm not saying Agravity won't get the axe (I hope it doesn't), but saying Jump would rather lose Bone Collection than lose Mitama doesn't make sense since Bone Collection hasn't even got sales release yet, and Agravity sells way better than Mitama as of now. I think Mitama is more at risk than Agravity being axed, and we don't know if Bone Collection could sell decently
but I could end up wrong and Jump does let Mitama live lol.
Yeah, Undead has had some lower placements but it's regularly above a bunch of established series. Sure it's not as big as Mashle but it is at least doing well enough so far. It doesn't come across to me as a lucky flop like Mitama or Yozakura that probably would've been cancelled by now in a normal year.
I think Undead would still be surviving this long if we had a normal number of hits, maybe it would always hang around the bottom half instead of hitting the top 5, but I don't think it would've gotten the early axe.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Had a quick look through Undead's ToC placements so far.
The worst it's been is 4th last three times, and in two of those issues Yuuna was below it (so it has only been under all established series once). It has always been placed above at least 1 established series other than that one issue, usually 2 or more.
I think it's on the verge of becoming a proper hit at this point, and it just needs a really good arc to solidify its place long term (like Spider Mountain did for Kimetsu, or Galactic Railroad for Act-age).
#1 Kimetsu no Yaiba 21
#2 Kimetsu no Yaiba 21 Special Edition
#25 The Promised Neverland 19
#29 My Hero Academia 27
#59 Dr. Stone 16
#61 Black Clover 25
#76 Act-Age 12
Mashle is at #491.
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 7/25
#1 Kimetsu no Yaiba 21
#2 Kimetsu no Yaiba 21 Special Edition
#25 The Promised Neverland 19
#28 My Hero Academia 27
#60 Black Clover 25
#61 Dr. Stone 16
#72 Act-Age 12
I think it's on the verge of becoming a proper hit at this point, and it just needs a really good arc to solidify its place long term (like Spider Mountain did for Kimetsu, or Galactic Railroad for Act-age).
Didn't Kimetsu's editor mention that Kimetsu did well in rankings from the start? So it had always solidified it's long term spot.
Dunno about Act Age.
How UxU's next volume does will be intriguing to watch.
Undead unluck is safe, he may not have better or as good sales as Mashle, but he has better sales than Yozakura.
Toc's position is not the only thing that matters today.
A new interview with Shihei Lin talking about his relationship with Fujimoto. Everything's pretty much known already, curious stuff is that Fire Punch was rejected 2 times at SQ, magazine in which it was first planned to serialize, and was later decided to be weekly in Jump+ gathering assistants such as Yuuji Kaku or Tatsuya Endo. Then it talks about how Shihei lets Fujimoto do whatever he feels like doing because he trusts that he'll do interesting and funny stuff (such as some Kobeni's Car moments).
curious stuff is that Fire Punch was rejected 2 times at SQ, magazine in which it was first planned to serialize, and was later decided to be weekly in Jump+
I see were it refers to Yuji Kaku has an assistant (citing him as the author of Jigokuraku), which I think we already knew, but I don't see Tatsuya Endo or SPY x FAMILY mentioned anywhere. Am I missing something?
Endo was mentioned a line before Kaku. You just skipped his name entirely lol.
edit:
Worth mentioning?
Most of Yuji Kaku are ex-Fire punch assistances.
If combined Fujimoto and Kaku assistances altogether. That’s 80% of Fire Punch crew members.
Didn't Kimetsu's editor mention that Kimetsu did well in rankings from the start? So it had always solidified it's long term spot.
Dunno about Act Age.
How UxU's next volume does will be intriguing to watch.
I see were it refers to Yuji Kaku has an assistant (citing him as the author of Jigokuraku), which I think we already knew, but I don't see Tatsuya Endo or SPY x FAMILY mentioned anywhere. Am I missing something?
I was liking Ghost (Reaper) Girl until I checked the Japanese raws. The first chapter flip was readable, but in the second chapter it completely destroys the flow of the action scenes.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.