Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,573
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
overall probably the later parts (4-6) of Jojo. Ongoing probably either MHA or Jujutsu Kaisen.
 

Rouk'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
144
Reaction score
664
Age
27
Country
France
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
Of the currently running manga, there are so many that I love for different reasons. HeroAca, Act-Age, JJK, Dr. Stone.
I also unironically love One Piece's character design, how goofy it looks.
I liked Neverland's and HQ's too, especially the demons in Neverland. And although I didn't really like the manga, Kimetsu had really solid designs.

That said, my absolute favorite would have to go to Stone Ocean (Jojo Part 6), it has by far my favorites designs of Jojo, and even the other parts have great designs. So Araki it is.
 

Roacher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
138
Country
Poland
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
Kimetsu have nice character design especially when Ufotable animated it.

But I would love to see in current Jump some crazy fashionable design like in Appare-Ranman.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
My personal top 3(in no order) are

Horikoshi
Oda
Toriyama

Side note, but whenever Horikoshi done with MHA, I would like to see him go in the same route as Toriyama and be lead character designer in a few JRPGs before he jumps right into a new series
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
Current ones I would say Horikoshi, Yabuki and Date.

Tozuka and Komoto are also proving themselves with their first series

Other favorites would be Murata and Kawada
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Iwashiro perhaps.
 

KennyKuro

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,270
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
Horikoshi-sensei. He is going Plus Ultra in this current arc. Each villain and hero has their own and unique design without repeating the concept of them.



The same thing happened in the villain arc. Something that I must emphasize is the originality of Horikoshi about thinking of a different quirk and reflecting it in the character design. That's really cool.


 

therocomotion

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
68
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Country
Spain
I can definitely see FLCL in CSM. Makima's relationship with Denji being very similar to Haruko's relationship with Naota.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
Oda's really up there. It's actually a big part of what makes me enjoy One Piece, even with his shortcomings (on female designs, for instance - although when he really wants to, he can do very, very well)

But my favourite is probably Murata. Every character in Eyeshield 21 pops out of the page, they are so varied and expressive, cartoony in the absolute best way.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
Oda, Togashi (characters like the zodiacs & PT have strong character designs) & Araki (parts 4/5 & onward) come to my mind immediately.

The fact that Oda made the Supernovas on a whim still blows my mind.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean, it's already frequently trending on Twitter. Word of mouth is helping it, and there are lots of passioniate fans. It could definitely use a major push, though.
dont really know if trending on twitter is really that important at face value (you can trend on twitter with just 3K tweets if nothings going on...you can trend on twitter for 8+hours with >400K tweets, if you're Haikyuu ending... see the difference). No one said how many CSM got while it was trending so...
 

ItsSamu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
651
Reaction score
2,890
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
The King of Cool himself, Tite Kubo. As he's said in interviews, characters come first to him, and few match him in terms of the creating fashion for his characters as well. I always thought after Bleach he should make a fashion manga instead.

I'm shocked no one here mentioned Kubo.

Like, what the hell?
It's the correct answer.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
Togashi
Gondaira
Tozuka
sometimes Horikoshi
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell

Chainsaw Man has 3 Million Copies in Circulation
Congrats for CSM. I can't wait for the eventual anime announcment.

JJK has been a drag for me to read lately so I'm going to get caught up with CSM again lol. I'm about 35 chapters behind on CSM so I'll reread from the start.
 

lazybones1717

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
281
Reaction score
1,404
Age
34
Country
United States
Question for everyone.

In terms of character designs, which WSJ mangaka is your favorite?
Togashi, easily. Outside of his great designs for major characters, I especially love the effort he puts into background characters. Like, look at this portion of a character sheet for the current HxH arc:



90% of these characters don't have any dialogue, but they're so well realized. And this is only one of several unique factions! It's really cool how much individuality these random background characters have.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm shocked no one here mentioned Kubo.

Like, what the hell?
I consider Kubo and amazing character designer as well.
I just think the ones I mentioned have more range when it comes to their characters. All of them have designed everything from Humans, to fish people, to aliens. Where as Kubo’s characters have mostly been humans and hollows(from what I’ve seen).

Regardless Kubo is still top notch and probably one of the best in the industry as a whole. I was just trying to narrow my list down to just 3 ppl
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I'm shocked no one here mentioned Kubo.

Like, what the hell?
I was thinking of him when I asked you if we only meant currently running series or just in general. Kubo I hear is great at this, but I need to reas more of his work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top