Discussion Nine Red Scabbards Discussion Thread

Your 3 Favorite Red Scabbard?


  • Total voters
    20

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,178
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Probably long overdue, but since the group is a large part of this arc, I figured it time we finally made a thread specifically for them.

So let's talk about the Scabbards and their role in the story and your opinions on them.

Also, my faves are Kawamatsu, Okiku, and Izo.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
My favourites are Nekomamushi, Denjiro and Kawamatsu, in that order.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm not surprised Kanjuro isn't getting any love so far in a top 3.
 

afromarco005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
1,900
Gender
Male
Country
France
I like Kin(pervert and loyal), Okiku(wounds that won't heal) and Neko(cat with the machine gun.
Denjiro is a close 4th his design and story are great.

Btw how would you rank the scabbards in terms of strenght?
I'd say
  1. Su Long neko and Inu by far.
  2. Denjiro of the angry sword
  3. Ashura Douji
  4. Kawamatsu
  5. Nekomamushi/inuarashi
  6. O'kiku
  7. Kanjuro
  8. Raizo
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Despite Kanjuro being a traitor, I was always a fan of him overall and his powers.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
My favorite is the cat.

In terms of power, the ranking is simple:





The ones who stayed back are at the Yonko commander level.

The ones who traveled to the future are 20 years behind. I believe around the Supernova level.

The only exception is Kanjuro, who seemed to be hiding his real strength, and was capable of fighting against Kawamatsu.

Other than that, there's not a clear ranking inside of each group. If I had to guess, Kinemon and Denjiro are the strongest of each group, since they have been shown to be the leaders.
 

afromarco005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
1,900
Gender
Male
Country
France
Ok which scabbards do you think will die during the war?

I say Izo, Kawamatsu, Nekomamushi and Ashura will die
 

slavkovski

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2014
Messages
852
Reaction score
523
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
My favorite is the cat.

In terms of power, the ranking is simple:





The ones who stayed back are at the Yonko commander level.

The ones who traveled to the future are 20 years behind. I believe around the Supernova level.


The only exception is Kanjuro, who seemed to be hiding his real strength, and was capable of fighting against Kawamatsu.

Other than that, there's not a clear ranking inside of each group. If I had to guess, Kinemon and Denjiro are the strongest of each group, since they have been shown to be the leaders.
Are you seriously thinking that kinemon are supernova level? The one who angrily attack zoro multiple times due to the ryuma's sword and zoro doesnt feels the need to draw his sword?
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Are you seriously thinking that kinemon are supernova level? The one who angrily attack zoro multiple times due to the ryuma's sword and zoro doesnt feels the need to draw his sword?
"Supernova level" implies it's pre-timeskip.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Denjiro easily for mine, and just as Moegara said it's been like this since the reveal. I'm hoping he gets some serious shine this later in the arc.
 

slavkovski

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2014
Messages
852
Reaction score
523
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I vote for denjiro, neko, and ashura douji.. btw.. i quite surprise that other than me nobody vote for ashura douji..
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I vote for denjiro, neko, and ashura douji.. btw.. i quite surprise that other than me nobody vote for ashura douji..
To be fair most of the Scabbards are pretty cool characters by their own right, but I guess if we're just talking "top 3" then there're bound to be some that feel a little left behind, like poor Raizo, who just has shined a little less than the rest.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Voted for Denjiro, Neko and Okiku as my favourites. In Denjiro's case because of all that he had been through all these 20 years; serving a man who was responsible for killing his lord, ruining the country and enslaving its people. I find Neko's selfishness amusing and it's very different from how everyone else is in the group and Kiku's gentleness and her badass armor.

In terms of strength I think I have to go with Denjiro; similar to @Fox666 I think those that lived the last 20 years in the timeline would have the advantage and Denjiro (being a samurai and Orochi's lapdog) would've had to been involved a number of fights through the years. And considering his position.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
my favorites.... I voted kinemon, raizo and ashuradoji.

I really like kinemon's fighting style... two sword style, flames... He also has made fair contributions to the plot is most arcs since he appeared. And there is a decent bit of humor around him. I really hope that if a scabbard travels with the strawhats to see through oden's will it will be him.

Raizo... mostly because I like his completely absurd design.

And ashura... because he is damn strong. Also gotta love that he rides his bull or whatever while lying down.

I liked denjiro in the flashback but the bit with him frowning so hard that his face changed ruined him for me. It's just a bad plot point to have the guy around orochi. Okiku... she seems too weak IMO. The bit about the wounds she inflicts never healing sounds cool but unless she can solo a yonko executive it's meaningless. I considered kawamatsu for my top 3 but I want to know more about his fighting style before displacing raizo. If he puffs up for sumo style swordsmanship then raizo will be down a spot.
 
Top