Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
So does it feel like TPGW can end next week?
At most it could last around 2 chapters (Bone Collection had 15 chapters, so it wouldn't be shocking if TPGW gets to the same number), but beyond that nope.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Poll is up.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
There are 2 double spreads for Undead 28
There were 5 double spreads for Undead 27
There were 3 double spreads for Undead 26

Tozuka keeps deliver every single week
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I mean there was a 2 serious arcs before this, and there have been serious moments don't know how thats a year's worth
I was exaggerating, there are a lot of moments in this chapters that should have been expanded but were skipped over, and on contrast there are of filler chapters introducing characters we never saw again

speaking of which, now that the villains are inside the mansion where was the yandere maid???
 
Last edited:

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
I don’t know why but something tells me that hard boiled cop and dolphin will be axed first.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
It is easier to predict who will be canceled than who will be successful.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,265
Reaction score
1,970
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
They should change the lettering from one of the character's name in Burn the Witch.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
So, the Burn the Witch was...eh?

Though, honestly, the scenario meant it was always kinda going to struggle. When your only real premise is the two leads protecting some loser and not much else, you're kinda gonna struggle to do much of anything.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, the Burn the Witch was...eh?

Though, honestly, the scenario meant it was always kinda going to struggle. When your only real premise is the two leads protecting some loser and not much else, you're kinda gonna struggle to do much of anything.
At this point, I just enjoy the art and the added worldbuilding Kubo decides to give us. Because really, everything in the chapter technically is happening in the same world as Bleach, so technically Kubo's throwing us a bone.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
BtW: It's very Kubo, very stylish. We basically jumped right into the middle of it all and it is pretty quick-paced but considering how short it gonna be, it fits just fine. I found it more intriguing than S8's first chapter if that is any guidance. Well, good luck Kubo.

JjK: Looked really cool but I'm starting to miss the real MC.

OP: ...I have a feeling like I watched a thousand characters or so doing and saying things in one chapter and it ain't exactly helping me making sense nor getting hyped for the coming fights. Maybe I'm too old according to Hard-boiled Cop & Dolphin.

Dr.Stone: Carlos is a real bro, helping the enemy drive their car, lol.

BnHA: I like it when the Villain gets the spotlight in BnHA and isn't just a puppet to be beaten down because he is evil, they are more engaging than the heroes in my opinion. Shigaraki's sole panel page was great, it was so selfish, so self-centered, so fatal, really nice. The art also felt extra crispy this chapter, here's to hope next chapter can even top this one!

Magu-chan: Gotta say I really like how Magu-chan sees everything from a nutritional value. Normally you would except the otherworld being going all "OMG! THIS IS SO DELICIOUS!" and he is like "this is just water...". XD The Holy Knight is boring and unfunny though, I am for sacrificing that fool. Let his substenance feed the superior being!

Mashle: ... Well if Mask is a guy after all I've got a feeling like MashxMask gonna be one hell of a huge ship. Also that power is so broken against everyone not Mash, lol.

HBC&D: *Mfw being told that 28 is old and I am already past 30* :emocat

CSM: ***** ************ *****!!!! ****!!!!!! *************** ***** ********* *** *************!!!!!!!!!

AT: Ninokuro is a treasure (hope he becomes a fan favorite). <3 Matsuri needs to up his girl level though, lol, he was so cringe. XD I see quite some people complaining online about the missing fanservice but I like this character building stuff with no boobs or panties to take focus off.^^

Moripet: Man, Oka would have DOMINATED the tournament if she had not challenged Moriking first!

BC: Not reading.

M&R: Hmm...this was just...flat...

M:YF: Okay, this one was pretty cool finish, not gonna lie.

UU: OOOOOH! So that's why he told him of his power conditions! Man, I first thought this was 3D chess when in truth this was 4D! To counter that with such a suicidal plan, those three are nuts! The action together with the explanation felt very smooth and not blocky. I like that Andy got powerful moves with set-backs, makes his fight more interesting than just tanking everything like a champ. Now I am worried of what will become of Latla...

WNL: Gotta say, I like this arc more and more. <3

AB: Okay so at least there was some sense to the whole madness the past chapters. And ofc all those boys showed their rotten sides and failed miserably. The true enemy was Gacha all along. XD

BoneC: It is done, finally. Not sorry to see you go.

TPG: That one I gonna feel sorry when it ends next week. It had an interesting idea and concept but it just couldn't pull the execution off. Hope there is a return of both the writer and the artist and that it gonna be more thought-through next time.

Well, nice week. Still feels weird to no longer see AA in the list but time gonna heal all wounds. Sigh~
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I need to say something.

While I am saddened by what happened in the latest CSM chapter, my respect for Fujimoto also rose considerably.

This is a man that is absolutely unwavering, and doesn't let the prospect of losing fans change his path.

It takes courage to do what he did, and I think he should be praised for it.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I need to say something.

While I am saddened by what happened in the latest CSM chapter, my respect for Fujimoto also rose considerably.

This is a man that is absolutely unwavering, and doesn't let the prospect of losing fans change his path.

It takes courage to do what he did, and I think he should be praised for it.
I can praise and curse him at the same time, lol. XD
 

ItsSamu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
651
Reaction score
2,890
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
I need to say something.

While I am saddened by what happened in the latest CSM chapter, my respect for Fujimoto also rose considerably.

This is a man that is absolutely unwavering, and doesn't let the prospect of losing fans change his path.

It takes courage to do what he did, and I think he should be praised for it.
It definitely feels like he's going to places most WSJ mangaka wouldn't dare. Makes me wonder if he was met with resistance by his editor (though obviously not enough to stop him for going the direction he wants to).
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
I need to say something.

While I am saddened by what happened in the latest CSM chapter, my respect for Fujimoto also rose considerably.

This is a man that is absolutely unwavering, and doesn't let the prospect of losing fans change his path.

It takes courage to do what he did, and I think he should be praised for it.
Taking in the steps of Araki I suppose..
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Fujimoto seems to be driving every reader absolutely insane, wherever I look. Here, Discord, Reddit. Now I'm REALLY curious as to what happened, and I don't want to be spoiled.

...I should really read Chainsaw Man soon.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Taking in the steps of Araki I suppose..
More like Kaku is following in the steps of his sensei, Fujimoto. Aside from that one "death" that feels a bit cheated, Kaku also has no issues killing off characters.

It definitely feels like he's going to places most WSJ mangaka wouldn't dare. Makes me wonder if he was met with resistance by his editor (though obviously not enough to stop him for going the direction he wants to).
Didnt Togashi have a lot of resistance with his editor for similar reasons in HxH? Regardless, both Togashi & Fujimoto give zero fucks in the direction they take their series lol
 

Reading Somethin'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
155
Age
28
Country
Honduras
1. Chainsaw Man, I've been waiting for this, for 20ish chapters. Did not dissapoint.
2. Undead Unluck was very creative this week.
3. C&D finally delivered the kind of content I expect from Tamura, random and crude.
4. Mashle had a nice fight chapter.
5. Jjk decent chapter, but the constant fight chapters make this come off a bit monotone.

Edit: Forgot about BTW. Pretty standard Kubo manga. I imagine it's mostly going to be fanservice for Bleach fans.
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Fujimoto seems to be driving every reader absolutely insane, wherever I look. Here, Discord, Reddit. Now I'm REALLY curious as to what happened, and I don't want to be spoiled.

...I should really read Chainsaw Man soon.
You should, its a very entertaining & quick binge read.

I can't imagine how hard its going to be for anime onlys to avoid spoilers lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top