Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,573
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
CG anime can be alright if done right.

I know the Netflix Saint Seiya gets plenty of flak for looking cheap along with too many creative liberties to the story.

I would not even consider a CG Chainsawman the worst thing ever.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sales by Volume - 9/21~9/27

#1
One Piece 97 - 327,162/1,583,020
#7
Spy x Family 5 - 64,396/721,274
#12
My Hero Academia 28 - 45,813/526,454

Note:
Kimetsu no Yaiba 1 has sold over 4 million copies.
 

Edward Marchiori

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 8, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
13
Age
30
Country
Germany
I have to ask. Should we be concerned about One Piece's latest sales? I do want to see the end of One Piece and while I don't think it would be ever canceled, I'm still quite worried.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
I have to ask. Should we be concerned about One Piece's latest sales? I do want to see the end of One Piece and while I don't think it would be ever canceled, I'm still quite worried.
One Piece will not be cancelled, it's sales could drop 50% and still be one of the best selling manga on the market, not going to happen.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I have to ask. Should we be concerned about One Piece's latest sales? I do want to see the end of One Piece and while I don't think it would be ever canceled, I'm still quite worried.
I can't tell if you're joking or serious.

If you're serious - I said this a few pages ago. One Piece will never get cancelled because of sales. Even if it sells 10k a volume, 15 years from now, it'll not be cancelled.

This isn't even up for debate.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I have to ask. Should we be concerned about One Piece's latest sales? I do want to see the end of One Piece and while I don't think it would be ever canceled, I'm still quite worried.
Huh? It’s selling well over 1 Million per volume. Even if Demon Slayer is briefly holding its Throne, One Piece is still the 2nd best seller in the industry.

And it would take decades of declining sales for One Piece to sell so little it no longer makes a profit.

And even if, for whatever reason, One Piece’s sales suddenly dropped below 500K per volume, It doesn’t seem likely that One Piece will still be running in the 2030s. Jump would likely let Best Selling manga in the entire industry( and one of the best selling comics in general) finish its run naturally. The chances of the sales dropping that low is damn near impossible though.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Never mind if it dropped 50%, OP's sales could drop by 90% and it'd still be one of Jump's top ongoing series.
 

Edward Marchiori

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 8, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
13
Age
30
Country
Germany
Wasn't Bleach canceled despite massive numbers before the decline?
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
I wonder what's the reason behind this concern.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Keep in mind that Kochikame's sales per volume for the last 10 years or more of its serialisation was less than that of a newbie in WSJ.

Kochikame was still given the super rare cover for its final chapter in the magazine, which is arguably the highest form of praise and appreciation from the magazine.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Fear that One Piece won't be the best selling manga series ever again I assume.
Makes sense. Ever since manga blew up outside Japan with the internet and introduction of Oricon tracking, One Piece has always been the best selling manga. So these are all new experiences for One Piece fans.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think it's funny that this concern about One Piece came just as we had a new volume outperforming the previous one, which hadn't happen in a while.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Undead Unluck (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
Jujutsu Kaisen
Kimetsu no Yaiba (One-shot)
Dr. Stone
One-shot (One Piece Replacement)
Black Clover (CP)
Honomieru Shounen
Chainsaw Man
Bokura no Ketsumei
Mission: Yozakura Family
Koukousei Kazoku
Mashle
The Promised Neverland (Special Chapter, CP)
Oyakusoku no Neverland
Me & Roboco
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Moriking
Ayakashi Triangle
Agravity Boys
Magu-chan: God of Destruction

Issue #45
Cover & LCP: Mashle
CP: Dr. Stone, Kimetsu no Yaiba (One-shot), Mission: Yozakura Family

Issue #46
Cover & LCP: One Piece



Magu-chan nooooo! My favorite series always seems to struggle lately. However, I'm happy to see Yozakura doing well and getting another CP. The Undead CP looked fantastic as well, and I'm already looking forward to what Mashle's is going to look like based on how the current arc has been progressing.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
This question really needs to stop lol. "Declining numbers" is a valid concern for some series. OP is not one of those series. Nevermind the fact that OP is still an incredible seller, it has contributed so much to the magazine, being its face for over 2 decades, that even if it somehow dropped so much that it became one of the worst seller in the magazine (which is an impossible scenario unless it keeps going for like 15 more years), it still would NOT matter and it would be allowed to continue as much as Oda deems it proper.

It's a kochikame case. Sometimes a series is just so important that sales just do not matter. Kochikame was hardly a big seller by the time its ending came around, yet not only did the axe never come, its ending was treated as an unprecedented event within the magazine. And I'm sure when OP does end they'll probably find a way to one-up that treatment.

Seriously, let's just move on from this. Enough words have been wasted on this. OP is not getting axed, ever, end of discussion.

As an aside, this is a pretty good hold for OP like I said earlier, this volume should fall somewhere between 95 and 94, decent recovery. And as expected, KnY 1 crossed 4mln, series is an absolute monster.
 

Reading Somethin'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
155
Age
28
Country
Honduras
I have to ask. Should we be concerned about One Piece's latest sales? I do want to see the end of One Piece and while I don't think it would be ever canceled, I'm still quite worried.
Wasn't Bleach canceled despite massive numbers before the decline?
Oh, new here?

Kochikame ran with low sales in later years. Also, Hunter x Hunter being the massive series that it is with volume sales like Naruto sold only around 1 M in the past three years. One Piece is a legendary manga. If those series can stick around because of their contributions for the magazine then One Piece could easily run til chapter 2000 and then some.

Bleach anime was cancelled, the manga wasn't. The manga ended abruptly because of Kubos' health problems. Bleach manga being cancelled is a meme for fanbase wars and trolling.
 

Griff

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
121
Reaction score
82
Age
25
Country
Canada
Hey guys, can someone tell me every records that KNY broke this year or was able to set? I would really appreciate it :)
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,573
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
November volumes are up on Amazon and seems like Magu-chan is going to be like AB 2 when it comes to online, in this moment the pre order rankings are above Roboco, Dolphin and even Yozakura #5 lol

Ofc Amazon pre order rankings are always changing and crazy stuff but still something interesting to look at
 
Last edited:

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sales by Volume - 9/21~9/27

#1
One Piece 97 - 327,162/1,583,020
#7
Spy x Family 5 - 64,396/721,274
#12
My Hero Academia 28 - 45,813/526,454

Note:
Kimetsu no Yaiba 1 has sold over 4 million copies.
What is UU's daily sale? Still below 300 or above it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top