Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,075
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Oh thats so sad, just saw this, Leorio voice actor passed away last month, didnt know, :gwah i guess people who play ff7 probably knew he was part of the cast too


Voice Actor Keiji Fujiwara Dies at 55



Prolific voice actor Keiji Fujiwara, best known as Hunter x Hunter's Leorio Paladiknight and Fullmetal Alchemist's Maes Hughes, died on Sunday due to cancer. He was 55 years old.

According to a post on his talent management company Air Agency's official website, Fujiwara had been fighting cancer for some time. The wake ceremony and funeral were held by his relatives only. [...] source Mal & Ann

sorry if it has already been posted.
 

YipYip

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
231
Reaction score
154
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I dont know if anyone pointed it out already, but it seems that Nen-Masters from Specialization Type can't choose what kind of Hatsu they develope.
Terrorsandwich just got his second Nenbeast with its ability.
Kurapika was never stated to train his Specialization Nen to be Emperor Time. As far as I know he just got 100 % on all other types by just having Specialization Nen.
And I cannot even imaging Neon training Nen at all.
Also Komugi just got her Gungi Hatsu out of nowhere.
All of them just obtained it, because of their backstory, interessts and attitude

Whereas most other Nen abilities of other types have been implied that the Nen-Master gave some thought into developing it.

But it might just be me overseeing things or that there have been by chance only cases that support this.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,608
Gender
Female
Country
China
Yeah, there's reason to assume that Specialists gain their power innately. Nonetheless, a bunch of them are also able to further develop their techniques, so it doesn't seem to be set in stone
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't think it's the norm TBH, it's not because they are Specialists but because they are geniuses. There is no way Chrollo didn't develop his ability by himself for example. To me, Komugi's Hatsu seems more of an Enhancement one.

Kurapika's type changes when his eyes turn red(probably shared by all the Kurta) but Emperor Time is more of a power up for his Conjuration skills(we know Conjurers and Manipulators have higher chances to become Specialists later in life).
 

YipYip

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
231
Reaction score
154
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't think it's the norm TBH, it's not because they are Specialists but because they are geniuses. There is no way Chrollo didn't develop his ability by himself for example. To me, Komugi's Hatsu seems more of an Enhancement one.

Kurapika's type changes when his eyes turn red(probably shared by all the Kurta) but Emperor Time is more of a power up for his Conjuration skills(we know Conjurers and Manipulators have higher chances to become Specialists later in life).
I left Chrollo out, because we dont know anything about his Nen awakening at all.
Same can be said about Neon, but she never showed any sign of Nen knowledge.
She is just like those professionals, artists or athletes who became so passionate for their profession, art or sport, that they awakened their Nen without knowing, like Zepile and his counterfeits.

I can see, that Komugis ability might be an enhancement of her thought process about Gungi-Tactics.
Are Enhancers able to boost their intelligence?

I need to reread the training part of terrorsandwich, to bad Mangastream is gone and the Volume covering that is yet to be published in germany. :(
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,608
Gender
Female
Country
China
I don't think it's the norm TBH, it's not because they are Specialists but because they are geniuses. There is no way Chrollo didn't develop his ability by himself for example. To me, Komugi's Hatsu seems more of an Enhancement one.

Kurapika's type changes when his eyes turn red(probably shared by all the Kurta) but Emperor Time is more of a power up for his Conjuration skills(we know Conjurers and Manipulators have higher chances to become Specialists later in life).
Indirectly, it powers up his chain powers, but it's a specialist technique that more or less manifested on its own
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,923
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail


Manga Wars event is starting!
Go nominate your favorite manga here!

:cheerbunny
​
 

DDed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
215
Reaction score
172
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Guys, it's October now
Anybody still here?
---------------------------
So I guess it most likely confirmed that the comeback could have delayed, see you guys 2021
 
Last edited:

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,608
Gender
Female
Country
China
I feel like it was 2017 when I voted in that poll lol..
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Is it too late to vote for early 2017? :kappa
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yeah, I guess we should create a new poll...
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
I hate it when I'm right about something like this, but... I did say it.

Now, with that track record in mind... I got a feeling this is it.
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Its sad really...

What annoys me the most is the absolute lack of Information.

It has become normal that hxh is on hiatus.
But it would be waay easier if we know when it will continue or why its still on break.

I mean there was a time when togashi was bashed from all sides because it was rumored that the hiatus were caused by an addiction to Video Games.
But as we found out later it was caused by back pain problems.

I dunno man... just saying its easier to know it will return for example in July 2021, then to not know if it will EVER return...

I mean, will it ever return?
For real? Will it?

Im just hopeless...
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Its sad really...

What annoys me the most is the absolute lack of Information.

It has become normal that hxh is on hiatus.
But it would be waay easier if we know when it will continue or why its still on break.

I mean there was a time when togashi was bashed from all sides because it was rumored that the hiatus were caused by an addiction to Video Games.
But as we found out later it was caused by back pain problems.

I dunno man... just saying its easier to know it will return for example in July 2021, then to not know if it will EVER return...

I mean, will it ever return?
For real? Will it?

Im just hopeless...
I do agree about the updates, but you can see the predicament he's in. If he puts out a message (in Jump, I guess) saying that he's still working on the chapters etc., I imagine many people would be upset by that since they'd be expecting any kind of communication to be a return announcement (especially after 22+ months). But I do think that it would be worth any backlash to get actual updates.

As for giving a date, what if he gives one and then doesn't meet it? Similar situation. And obviously everything with covid hasn't helped any of this.

But take solace in the fact that people in 2006 ...and 2009 ...and 2013 ...and 2015 were saying he would never come back (though it's gonna be true one of these days before a satisfying end unless he changes things).
 

lulukaruins

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
455
Reaction score
655
Country
Sabertooth
I'm not even asking for an update for the chapter, but communicating with the fans once a month at least. It's frustated to see other author actually doing something while we left on hanging. having Togashi draw something like one page of hxh related (even for once a month) or writes whatever he has on his mind still much better than having to read half-ass product like burn the witch (no offense). I mean, even Kubo might realized that procastination is a scary thing and really a bad habit, right.

after saying that you've done with next 10 manuscript and not giving an update for two years is just wrong, I think. well, he might have a conditions, but at least tell us something, anything. I'm sick seeinng majority of people arguing that 'this thing is so similar to hxh', it's the next hxh, next messi, writing, drawing, posting dumb stuff about hxh, news about new hxh gatcha, throwing unfounded speculation around Togashi hiatuses, mocking him, etc. it's irritated me.

I love what you guys writes, though. mh for me is really the best, comfy community to discuss about hxh.

If his backpain relapse or whatever conditions he has we'd understand. But I wonder if he's realizes that his fans care for him. just tell us something, anything... so some of us can move on... (I know he determined to finish it)

who cares if meruem is in jump forces. They didn't deserve him. ****. I really should get a life... this is unhealthy.
 
Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Added a new poll. It will return soon!
 

YipYip

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
231
Reaction score
154
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Can we ban Kuroro066'?

He made a post in the prediction thread which got my hopes so ducking high up that my disappointment fell so deep........

We must set limits to trolling, he could have posted it in the Hitatus thread...
 
Top