Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,573
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Having read the one shot, now I really want a Red Hood series! That was really cool.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
The youtube algorithm recommended me this old WSJ commercial so I share it with you guys, I assume it must be from the early 80s.

The manga featured are (in order of appearence) Hokuto No Ken, Captain Tsubasa (And... the girl that talks about it kinda has the Arale vibe, but it's not really mentioned), and Kinnikuman along with their respective authors Tetsuo Hara, Yoichi Takahashi and the duo Yudetamago.

Some of the old jump covers had the authors of the mangas appearing doing random stuff, they were like a tradition from the 80s until the early 90s, and I understand some authors want their privacy... But on the other hand I'd love to see more covers like this with current mangaka haha
BTW The guy with the eye patch is Kochikame's Osamu Akimoto and on the left corner is Akira Toriyama.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
One Piece is on Break Next week.

Wait, what the fuck? We have One Piece spoilers already? I knew they get those faster than most, but Monday morning?! I’m not angry, just legit shocked.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wait, what the fuck? We have One Piece spoilers already? I knew they get those faster than most, but Monday morning?! I’m not angry, just legit shocked.
This is the standard actually lol.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think the difference was that this was an unexpected pause unlike this one
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Thought Oda said "no excuses" just last week or something.
Assuming we have this break and then keeping the schedule of 3 chapters and a break we will reach chapter 1000 at the last week of 2020 exactly. He still stays true to his word.
 

Lord fifth

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
176
Reaction score
197
Age
27
Country
Israel
Thought Oda said "no excuses" just last week or something.
Isn't this the mandatory break that happens after 3 chapters?
992,993,994-break.
I though this was a break forced on him by shueisha?
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Tbh i think the Stone Wars, specially what was supposed to be the climax of it, was the worst part of Dr. Stone, personally because there was zero tension in everything, you just knew that literally no one would die or get badly wounded in that conflict because Senku with the power of science would make everything possible, even Tsukasa got away extremely easy, fortunately Inagaki was able to bring the quality up after that.
I wouldnt say tsukasa got out extremely easy, but it was clear inakagi wanted the whole climax focus on senku, tsukasa & hyouga
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Isn't this the mandatory break that happens after 3 chapters?
992,993,994-break.
I though this was a break forced on him by shueisha?
Yeah it is.
I was mistaken.

I think I just slept through the last two weeks of TOC or something. I kept thinking OP went on break last week.
 

Lord fifth

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
176
Reaction score
197
Age
27
Country
Israel
Yeah it is.
I was mistaken.

I think I just slept through the last two weeks of TOC or something. I kept thinking OP went on break last week.
No problem man, honestly time acts strangely in quarinine sometimes it's painfully slow sometime it flies by.
 

evielynn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
300
Age
26
Country
United Kingdom
With Red Hood's translation I was looking into more of the GFC stuff. What time can we expect this year's winner to be announced? Obviously it'll be a little while cause half of them aren't even out yet but is it like a january wait or like juneish?
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Having read the one shot, now I really want a Red Hood series! That was really cool.
Red Hood in many ways evokes classic 90’s fantasies. A simple coming-of-age story with a fantastic world and teeming with interesting characters. In many occasions, newbies tend to try too hard with their concepts in order to stand out and end up just falling flat on their faces, when sometimes simple is better.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Having read the one shot, now I really want a Red Hood series! That was really cool.
Yeah, Grim looked adorable in her child version and cool in her adult version, she would make a great mentor. And I liked that Werewolves were just one of the listed dangers, like Witches and Vampires are also a thing in that One-shot the Hunters are hunting down. The crazy weaponry was also very fun to see in action.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kimetsu got a new movie key visual one week after the movie release lol.

Putting it in spoilers for obviouis reasons.

That visual is incredible and the best I've seen in recent times. I'd love to see it without text.

Goal achieved @Tamil lol
More like goal annihilated lol. In only 10 days...It also makes you wonder just how astronomical the BD sales are going to be for the film.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
More like goal annihilated lol. In only 10 days...It also makes you wonder just how astronomical the BD sales are going to be for the film.
BD sales are also probably gonna break multiple records at this point.
 

Baes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2020
Messages
350
Reaction score
323
Age
28
Country
Brazil
Yep. Now I want a Red Hood series asap
This was fun af

But I'm still curious to read the other 4. Blade Kid and Night Safari both have some potential good stuff i guess
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Red Hood definitely has a lot of potential, there’s a hella lot of content worth to expand its world and lore. Kawaguchi really seems to have a lot of promise, hope he gets a series soon. Hopefully the other GFC participants get translated to at least see what they’re about
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Red Hood felt oddly Looney Tunes- ish to me for some reason, I guess due to mix of the werewolf looking rather cartoony and all the silly Wile E Coyote esque gadgets. It was good though, I'd love to get all the oneshots to compare and guess the winner.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top