Right when we thought there was no way MHA wasn't getting the cover in #50, Shimabu comes out of nowhere and take its place
To be honest, I wasn’t expecting MHA to get another cover this year, anyways. Horikoshi seems to be too busy nowadays, especially with his recent breaks. I could be wrong though, and we could have one last cover just before the year ends.
Although....if there ever was a time to give Horikoshi another cover, it would be this week, since every MHA fan recognizes the significance of this week’s chapter. Now I’m starting to lose hope a significant plot point will be answered this week, and Horikoshi’s going to keep putting it off. At this rate, the fandom’s going to need to be checked into an asylum because he’s going to drive us insane.
You know, I always thought these last years Shimabukuro was the next veteran to come back, but I really didn't expect him coming back next week lol
Also, I've always thought One Piece final chapter was happening with Shimabukuro somehow serialized in the magazine. Now we have real chances for that (if the new manga doesn't get axed/manages to last as much as Toriko).
My next question is: will Nakano shill Shimabukuro new manga since chapter 1 like Toriko was shilled in 2008? Unlike the Toriko situation (where it was put at the same level as One Piece and Dragon Ball despite Naruto and Bleach being serialized), this time the biggest hit after OP is MHA, so I can see a Shimabukuro shilling being more succesful this time.
My only question is, HOW?
If there was any series that could use a little more extra shilling, that’d be JJK. Yes, it’s rising in popularity, but that’s exactly why Jump needs to keep promoting it at the moment. They should be focusing on what they have right now.