Moderator Notice: Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.
These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei
Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi
GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
Popo really reminds me of Kobayashi's Maid Dragon, but if Tohru and Kanna were a single character (also from the preview I was sure the black haired character was a guy)
Am I the only one who feels the last 3 chapters of Phantom Seer have been REALLY similar to each other? There are times I legitimately think I'm reading last week's chapter, especially the parts where Riku is training with the Tengus. The art is gorgeous but I wish the writing was fleshed out a little more
That's how I feel about the whole series so far. It might be by a different writer, but it has the same issue as Tokyo Shinobi Squad had where almost every chapter is just it showing off the MC's power on random enemies. The great art keeps the series from being too uninteresting, but there's been nothing so far that makes me want to see where its going or what else it can do.
Am I the only one who feels the last 3 chapters of Phantom Seer have been REALLY similar to each other? There are times I legitimately think I'm reading last week's chapter, especially the parts where Riku is training with the Tengus. The art is gorgeous but I wish the writing was fleshed out a little more
Sometimes i feel this about Mashle, is like i'm reading the same chapter every week, the same structure, the same development, the same "cool page of Mash punching the villain in the face" and also the same gag face expression from him. I also agree about similarities in the last chapters of Phantom Seer.
Sometimes i feel this about Mashle, is like i'm reading the same chapter every week, the same structure, the same development, the same "cool page of Mash punching the villain in the face" and also the same gag face expression from him. I also agree about similarities in the last chapters of Phantom Seer.
I feel like every antagonist in Mashle so far have been been variations of the same 1 or 2 characters. With every single one of them becoming an ally after being punched by Mash, except for the most recent one(yet)
Jump Festa 2021 Online Super Stages
- One Piece
- New Prince of Tennis
- World Trigger
- My Hero Academia
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Dr. Stone
- Black Clover
7 series confirmed. 3 more to be announced going by past years.
Predicting CSM, a Jump+ series, and maybe Kemono Jihen for the last ones.
Like i said before, the issue previews sometimes don't do justice for the author's art, both mc looks sooo much better here, i actually like now this design more than the one shot, he looks more like a construction guy instead of a purple ninja, really excited.
Jump Festa 2021 Online Super Stages
- One Piece
- New Prince of Tennis
- World Trigger
- My Hero Academia
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Dr. Stone
- Black Clover
7 series confirmed. 3 more to be announced going by past years.
Predicting CSM, a Jump+ series, and maybe Kemono Jihen for the last ones.
Like i said before, the issue previews sometimes don't do justice for the author's art, both mc looks sooo much better here, i actually like now this design more than the one shot, he looks more like a construction guy instead of a purple ninja, really excited.
My top 5 (as almost every issue) were Jujutsu, Undead, Chainsaw, Roboco and Hardboiled.
Some thoughts, mostly negative, sorry:
CSM had a really important chapter, but felt like half a chapter stretched out with some really repetitive (but good) imagery.
Hope Hardboiled has finally settled into an identity and will survive with it, because it's not just amusing but interesting too nowm
Dr Stone went from something that almost cracked my top 5 this arc to the bottom with this awful new character. Her annoyingly quirky act and design is bad enough, but to waste the role on this instead of rounding out the cast with a more archetypical explorer (e.g. Indiana Jones). Already sick of her.
I liked Magu at the beginning, but it has pretty much completely abandoned its premise (which could have given even a comedy a strong narrative and character development making it more wholesome), but at this point this is just a generic tropey children's saturday morning mascot filled cartoon. Don't get all the love, although I never cared for fluff.
Didn't like MHA for three reasons.
It turned Dabi into even more of an another angsty kid, the LoV already had enough of that, even if that's partially the point. Hero society isn't explored enough for it to have impact, there already should have been several Endeavor-like dynasty characters. And finally even if it's important for Endeavor's arc, tied to the story's themes, and generally well done, I'm just tired of this angle and now it's clear we are not even close to its end. But two of these are just selfish preferences based purely on enjoyment, worldbuilding is lacking though.
Like i said before, the issue previews sometimes don't do justice for the author's art, both mc looks sooo much better here, i actually like now this design more than the one shot, he looks more like a construction guy instead of a purple ninja, really excited.
Man, I think their color palette alone makes them look worse here, but I do like them neck down. Still way better than the one shot's mc, he was ugly as sin.
But I think they look pretty bad compared to Shimabuu's previous works. He nailed the gross crudeness in Takeshi and the wild throwback MANga aesthetics in Toriko, but I'm not feeling anything from these, more archaic than nostalgic.
However, it doesn't make me less confident in it being great. Can't wait!
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.