Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,370
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
volume 1 cover in bottom right corner
Hmm, the girl from the duo isn't highlighted in the volume cover and doesn't appear in the color page...
Can we infer she wasn't that well received?
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Hmm, the girl from the duo isn't highlighted in the volume cover and doesn't appear in the color page...
Can we infer she wasn't that well received?
She's literally in the whole center of the volume cover, over Iori's head.
 

NotMe123

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 29, 2020
Messages
20
Reaction score
4
Age
27
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry guys but how does one know what volume is going to be issued for reprint? Is there a website that publishes these updates publicly?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Hmm, the girl from the duo isn't highlighted in the volume cover and doesn't appear in the color page...
Can we infer she wasn't that well received?
What are you on about? She's right next to the title right above the MC's head.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Inagaki's clarifications about doing two series:
Don't Jump mangaka (not named Togashi) often have an exclusivity contract for Shueisha when they have a series running in Jump or something to that extent?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I'm sure given his reputation and age, WSJ probably has only respect for him to allow him to do what he wants.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What are you on about? She's right next to the title right above the MC's head.
The Key word is highlight. I saw her there, but I was expecting to see her on the front line with Iori, but Yayoi and even the tengu guy are closer than her.

Anyway it's no big deal. I'm just trying to wonder which direction the series is going.
 
Last edited:

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
Don't Jump mangaka (not named Togashi) often have an exclusivity contract for Shueisha when they have a series running in Jump or something to that extent?
Boichi was doing Origin for Kodansha at the same time as doing Dr. Stone too, probably is a case to case basis, if such a contract clause is even common.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
3,119
Age
24
Country
United States
I mean personally I understand Inagaki, I assume he wants to create as many stories in his lifetime from his mind to manga
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Some very crazy times are coming in next issues. Some calcs I've done:

-WE NEVER LEARN: It should be ending at Issue 2 (chapter 186) unless a surprise thing happens (some sort of mini-epilogue arc or whatever that I don't see happening, but who knows)
-CHAINSAWMAN: the big question for me. I can see it ending in 10-20 chapters, dunno.
-ONE PIECE: I can see two things happening: Issue 100 on issue 5-6 (and then break), or issue 100 on issue 7, with OP having then break on issue 5-6 or Oda actually going 4 consecutive chapters for once. Since we are having a general Jump break before and after issue 5-6 I can see Oda going four chapters here. I'd say issue 1000 will happen on issue 7 so we can get the group covers for issues 3-4 and 5-6, and then the OP chapter 1000 cover.
-NEW ROUND OF SERIALIZATION: With WNL ending very soon, Moriking probably axed, and who knows what will happen to Chainsawman and Agravity Boys, we are getting another round soon. I see it starting on issue 8 (because OP getting issue 7 for chapter 1000). I'd say it will be a 3 or 4 new series round.
-MY HERO ACADEMIA: Not getting color pages or cover until March because anime. I'm really wondering what is this secret project of Horikoshi.

About what's getting issues 52, 1 and 2 cover, I'm saying Chainsawman, We Never Learn (yeah I see it getting a final cover before dying) and Dr.Stone.
 

AllenWalker

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 3, 2020
Messages
25
Reaction score
55
Age
25
Country
Lebanon
-MY HERO ACADEMIA: Not getting color pages or cover until March because anime. I'm really wondering what is this secret project of Horikoshi.
I've been thinking about this and I believe the last few chapters of this arc will more than 19 pages. Explains what he means by "drawing a lot".


Also there's still the popularity poll IN December.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,370
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sorry guys but how does one know what volume is going to be issued for reprint? Is there a website that publishes these updates publicly?
I was also wanting to ask, @Jovan were you guys find these reprints informations?
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sales by Volume - 11/2~11/8

#1
Haikyuu!! 45 - 432,074/432,074
#2
Chainsaw Man 9 - 163,075/163,075
#3
Haikyuu!! Final Guidebook - 158,673/158,673
#5
Dr. Stone 18 - 106,996/106,996
 
Last edited:

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Beautiful colour page from Yozokura. Hyped for build king
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
3,119
Age
24
Country
United States
Sales by Volume - 11/2~11/8

#1
Haikyuu!! 45 - 432,074/432,074
#2
Chainsaw Man 9 - 163,075/163,075
#3
Haikyuu!! Final Guidebook - 158,673/158,673
#5
Dr. Stone 18 - 106,996/106,996
from 124,000 last volume first week to 163,000 this volume. Jesus Chainsaw man is a monster WITHOUT THE ANIME
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top