by desin, panda and evil
Last edited:
All players can use their action twice, so that counts towards stuff like SS, yes, but also SK, Santa, Mentor, etc. etc.Does the shapeshifter get 2 kills per night like a mafia would if we enter the 8-9 state?
Or not? How can we know? We gamble and lose?They will also potentially block townie roles keeping counter lower.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Uh alright read that wrong. Seems pretty clear, looking back.All players can use their action twice, so that counts towards stuff like SS, yes, but also SK, Santa, Mentor, etc. etc.
I see some possibly ugly things from this, but will bring that up after the game.I chose to edit out this information, since we have had a statement post before the game. All roles in the Mafia Game Rules thread are possibly used in this game, including new additions in the recent post.
We either use everything or nothing, half assing it will make it way easier for them to get the number they want. Dets could very well be useless and need a couple of nights, they don't have nearly the same value as a spy here.First of all Im true to my word
Votekill Hardy for being picious coo
On the mechanic I agree with his point, most roles shouldn't use their actions to avoid stacking too much and end up in the +7 range but I also agree with Gaj that certain exceptions like Det or Spy should take action. They can prove people's claims later on in the game and they are worth the risk imo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
+10 actions phase would mess mafia heavily yeah, but your plan implies mafia knowing who's active and who's not and thats not a good idea.Assuming it good for town to reach +10 Actions.
If we have +12 active claims, if we exclude pirate/medium/mortician who can't/shouldn't use their action, we will have 10 claimed actions.
If we all agree to use our actions, we will force Mafia's hand, they can either use their actions, or try to aim for 7 actions, which is in my opinion a bad mafia play, day 1 there is no way to guess how many actions will happen, since they don't have detective results, so they will be forced to play optimally by using their actions as well and accept the +10 actions day phase.
The question now is +10 Actions phase is acceptable for us?
We only have 3 active claims until now, so that you may be right about that, let wait and see how many more active claim we have.No chance we get to ten on our own shad
Last game everybody claimed active, and if not for the detective role, mafia wouldn't know who to prioritize. I hope this game also has a lot of real townie actives, otherwise 7 actions would be more likely to happen.+10 actions phase would mess mafia heavily yeah, but your plan implies mafia knowing who's active and who's not and thats not a good idea.
You are assuming Mafia has a lot of night actions at their disposal. Given this mechanic and the 20 player game I would vouch for a single mafia + TP. With those numbers I would not expect anything beyond 4 night actions or else the hosts completely played themselves.We either use everything or nothing, half assing it will make it way easier for them to get the number they want. Dets could very well be useless and need a couple of nights, they don't have nearly the same value as a spy here.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't think 3 or 4 is a LOT, it's very reasonable.You are assuming Mafia has a lot of night actions at their disposal. Given this mechanic and the 20 player game I would vouch for a single mafia + TP. With those numbers I would not expect anything beyond 4 night actions or else the hosts completely played themselves.
We have had cases of dets investigating people that died the same night, confirming themselves in an instant. Taking the risk is perfectly fine in my eyes.
I was planning to vote against DD because I felt like he was promoting a pro-mafia course of action, but I'm gonna give him a second chance xDIs this how base our trust by who makes the most sense...cause I hope not....none of it makes sense to me![]()
He he you saw through my plan, but it is too late, I've already hearted your postIf you are scumbag....dont what that hanging over my head....hanging me I mean xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You antiheroI was planning to vote against DD because I felt like he was promoting a pro-mafia course of action, but I'm gonna give him a second chance xD
He he you saw through my plan, but it is too late, I've already hearted your post![]()
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Are those numbers signifying days....or all of it happens in a phase.
Nevet played no shit like this/that?
The World in effect is determined by the number of individual successful night actions performed the previous night
If at night a certain amount of actions are used, during the next day and night there will be consequences.So nephew...
The first 3 nights we shouldn't act?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Or did I read it wrong?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You antihero
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I dont get it
Are those numbers signifying days....or all of it happens in a phase.
Nevet played no shit like this/that?
Whats the point of claiming if everyone is going to lie about itShould all townies claim active? that should make it impossible for mafia to do any meaningful math for at least 3 days.
It may increase the chances of miss lynches tho.
Never said it was a LOT, but that I would find rare for scum to have more than 4 actions under this scenario or else the hosts broke their own game.I don't think 3 or 4 is a LOT, it's very reasonable.
Confirming what? You can still be paranoid/naive.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Landing on 7-8-9 if you have 4 roles on your own should be comfortably easy tbh.Hmm..I see the sense in Hardy's point about not using actions, though honestly, feels like something that is more likely to happen by luck (assuming it does) than mafia intentionally forcing it by working the math right.
Also see Gaj's point but tbh, the plan of telling select roles only to use their actions imo, only increases the chances of mafia actually calculating right. Aren't you considering that @Gajeel ? To add, if town isn't using roles for starters, a few important mafia roles lose some relevance (escort, boss for example)
Side note, I'm curious about the Janitor deaths tho. Wonder if it's permanent at day besides perhaps an investigator finding out later. At night, the killer probably gets to know? It's a real pain so tbh, just makes me more pro-hardy on default
--- Double Post Merged, ---