by desin, panda and evil
Last edited:
Your precious? There is no Panda, Magi and Zasz in this game, so who? Or are you roleplaying?My role is active too, I will use it on my precious, let’s see how it goes
... not rly because we are depending on what the other teams do, we won't know either way.Still think it‘s perhaps best everyone who isn‘t a 1-time use role uses it the first night so we as town learn the number of everyone with actions(who is town) as it could easily break the game and make it easy to win for us.
!votekill Demonspeed
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Naps are good right?I will fix that asap, thxs !
my bad @Hardy i saw it and i thought i ve written it, im just too tired.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Roles are but a support to hunt scum more easily, they are ultimately revealed more in the day discussions and vote pattern. Still Option 3 sounds the most difficult to control for scum, they wont be able to predict the amount of night actions until later on in the game when Town will also get a general idea of who has actions and who doesn't.I'll give you an honest answer.
- I dislike option 1 because, from my inexperience, telling who's guilty or not without any hints from the roles seems close to impossible unless anyone slips big time. It's too easy to lie on a forum thread and too many rounds are guaranteed to be randomly voted for my taste.
- Option 2 is certainly the safer choice if 5 night actions cannot be reached, that is true. If the possibility of it reaching 5+ is slim, as you guys tell me, I'd go for it. It may get us a culprit immediately which would be very good, but from the moment a spy reveals himself he'll obviously be targetted and we will need to use some additional night actions to protect him. I guess that using a skill like bodyguard then is okay, since there would be one less mafia either way (from the spy accusation and lynching) so the sum of actions should remain the same.
It's a good option, I admit it.
- Option 3 has the biggest risk; a risk that is actually non-existent in the other two options, I can see that, but I don't dislike this option either. Precisely because it's not about going all-out with the actions but about "not even us knowing for sure what other townies will choose to do" that there being additional variables is a good thing. Landing a 7 is unprobable and impossible to calculate. There's the risk of it happening, but it's a valid gamble. Landing a 8-9 is also dangerous but it has some redeeming things unlike 7. Overall, yes, 7-8-9 can land with this option, but not at the mafia's will.
I'm okay with whatever everyone else wants to do. The only option I don't like is 1.
If we agree on that then we are willingly restricting everything at our disposal, its safer but town nerfs itself by their own accord... Then when people with night actions die we will fear exceeding the limit of 7 even more than before.For Night one I'm still certain only spy should move.
Hard disagree here.Still think it‘s perhaps best everyone who isn‘t a 1-time use role uses it the first night so we as town learn the number of everyone with actions(who is town) as it could easily break the game and make it easy to win for us.
!votekill Demonspeed
That's what I like about option 3, but since I have 0 experience at this game I have to trust you guys when you say we can uncover mafias through daytime discussion alone, so I'll be okay with whatever strategy the majority picks this time.Roles are but a support to hunt scum more easily, they are ultimately revealed more in the day discussions and vote pattern. Still Option 3 sounds the most difficult to control for scum, they wont be able to predict the amount of night actions until later on in the game when Town will also get a general idea of who has actions and who doesn't.
I rather nerf town than give mafia a massive buff.If we agree on that then we are willingly restricting everything at our disposal, its safer but town nerfs itself by their own accord... Then when people with night actions die we will fear exceeding the limit of 7 even more than before.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We are like 14 townies, very unlikely, and even with 2 spies anti towns would need a total of 5 actions to make it happen.But what if we have several Spies?
We can expect a couple to be from scum, so if we get 6 actions as a result of this we can expect 3 town, maybe 4. If we get 10 it shows even more towns there. And we don‘t need to solve the number immediately either, as people die a lot of this info will be very useful later as we‘ll be able to tell who acted when and confirm town and mafias later, at least I think that to be the case.Hard disagree here.
If townies use their roles we won't know which used actions were from townies and which were from Mafias, and Mafias will learn exactly which ones were used by us and which ones were used by them.
The info would be useful, but it would also be useful for Mafias and they'd figure it immediately, which is worse.We can expect a couple to be from scum, so if we get 6 actions as a result of this we can expect 3 town, maybe 4. If we get 10 it shows even more towns there. And we don‘t need to solve the number immediately either, as people die a lot of this info will be very useful later as we‘ll be able to tell who acted when and confirm town and mafias later, at least I think that to be the case.
Feels like we‘re restricting ourselves against the cons so much that it‘s creating other bigger cons, but welp.
YeahFeels like we‘re restricting ourselves against the cons so much that it‘s creating other bigger cons, but welp.
It's Night 1, only investigative roles hurt to not use, and it's a cheap price to pay with this mechanic...
The thing is that after N1 we are going to end up restricting again and even more since it will be harder to reach 10 and easier to land on the threshold so the nerf is going to last for more than one night...The info would be useful, but it would also be useful for Mafias and they'd figure it immediately, which is worse.
We are indeed retricting ourselves a lot going with the proposed strategies, but if our aim is to avoid the Mafia's freely landing a 7-8-9, letting them figure our numbers so soon, on top of potentially landing already on 7-8-9, is worse.
I have expressed similar worry over that. What would you say is your preferred course of action?The thing is that after N1 we are going to end up restricting again and even more since it will be harder to reach 10 and easier to land on the threshold so the nerf is going to last for more than one night...
You don't know thatThe thing is that after N1 we are going to end up restricting again and even more since it will be harder to reach 10 and easier to land on the threshold so the nerf is going to last for more than one night...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---