Games Mafia Game 87 - Baccano! - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,641
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Maybe the townies who are sacrafizing their roles shouldn't say it till they made the elixir and can pass it to someone trustworthy or drink it themselves (in which case they also shouldn't say it). Just thinking would be annoying if you sac'd it twice or trice and the mafia team(s) then go for the head.
Do the actions sacrifice the role permanently? Sounded to me like it just sacrifices the action, ie prostitutw can‘t block with role + sacrifice for the elixir.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So correct me if i‘m wrong, but to put mechanics in simpler words:

  • Everyone has 2 extra actions they can perform, regardless of their role(however active players can‘t use their main role and the extra action).
  • First is a ritual that needs to be done 3 times to then get an Elixir that you can drink or give someone else. Drinking it makes you respawn like a Jesus, though it obscures youe main role. Earliest someone gets to drink this is N4.
  • The other is getting on your knees and begging Host to protect, block or kill another player. All 3 are done every night, but only once each. It gets a bit vague here but I assume 4 mafias all doing Kill action is gonna get them the action over a single townie doing a Kill action(4 of a group > 1 single boy). So this one seems harder for town to get. Additionally same person can‘t do it again if he successfully gets the action, so a mafia of 4 could do the extra kill 4 times... Kinda rough.
On top of that, you cannot stack two Jesus energy drinks (but I assume you CAN drink one after you come back).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Do the actions sacrifice the role permanently? Sounded to me like it just sacrifices the action, ie prostitutw can‘t block with role + sacrifice for the elixir.
I think it's just the action, not permanently.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
@SonOfDaws if we have a passive role does it still work at night if we sacrifice?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
So correct me if i‘m wrong, but to put mechanics in simpler words:

  • Everyone has 2 extra actions they can perform, regardless of their role(however active players can‘t use their main role and the extra action).
  • First is a ritual that needs to be done 3 times to then get an Elixir that you can drink or give someone else. Drinking it makes you respawn like a Jesus, though it obscures youe main role. Earliest someone gets to drink this is N4.
  • The other is getting on your knees and begging Host to protect, block or kill another player. All 3 are done every night, but only once each. It gets a bit vague here but I assume 4 mafias all doing Kill action is gonna get them the action over a single townie doing a Kill action(4 of a group > 1 single boy). So this one seems harder for town to get. Additionally same person can‘t do it again if he successfully gets the action, so a mafia of 4 could do the extra kill 4 times... Kinda rough.
I think the third thing could be a townie late game option, when trust is established we could cooperate and protect some important roles. If that's how it works. If the beckoner needs to be in your group then it will only be a mason option of course.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Gry, thoughts on mass revealing when people are less afk?
 

Hll

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
3,460
Reaction score
586
Gender
Male
Country
India
The rules and roles in this game are.. wowzer!!:huh:

I will need to reread them a few times to get the gist of it. Particularly the steps to create/obtain an elixr, seem to have flied over my head.

As for your second question, the action must be stated every time. If a group is unsuccessful with their Rail Tracer request due to a tie-breaker or getting beaten in the number of sacrifices, then their attempt simply fails.
So can we take it to mean that more the number of sacrifices, the greater the chance of a groups request being selected?
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Masons going to come in and save the day this game :XD
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
<- :blush


🦋 -> 🙏


...


Okay, no roleplaying :feelsbadman

The mechanics seem pretty interesting, but they're looking pretty hostile to town at the moment. I mean:


  • First is a ritual that needs to be done 3 times to then get an Elixir that you can drink or give someone else. Drinking it makes you respawn like a Jesus, though it obscures youe main role. Earliest someone gets to drink this is N4.
Main role and affiliation, I assume? :grumble


  • Everyone has 2 extra actions they can perform, regardless of their role(however active players can‘t use their main role and the extra action).
So unless it's roleless Masons, townies would have to paralyze themselves for most of the game for a slim chance of respawning once, without getting confirmed in the process, while the scum get free kills? :grumble


  • The other is getting on your knees and begging Host to protect, block or kill another player. All 3 are done every night, but only once each. It gets a bit vague here but I assume 4 mafias all doing Kill action is gonna get them the action over a single townie doing a Kill action(4 of a group > 1 single boy). So this one seems harder for town to get. Additionally same person can‘t do it again if he successfully gets the action, so a mafia of 4 could do the extra kill 4 times... Kinda rough.
Unless the mafia team(s) are extremely small, this means they can ensure free early kills every night and still compete for the elixirs? :grumble
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,641
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Gry, thoughts on mass revealing when people are less afk?
As always I‘d do it, but haven‘t seen it pulled off even once. Best chance we sort out most mafias like last game based on not claiming active/passive D1, but let‘s see.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Da fuq......? I posted about masons saving the day and my ex mason recruiter posts right after me........ well same moment.....

Vinodred was jinxed.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Da fuq......? I posted about masons saving the day and my ex mason recruiter posts right after me........ well same moment.....

Vinodred was jinxed.
Now that you mention it, you and a D1 Mason mention kind of makes my ears ring '3'
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,641
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
The rules and roles in this game are.. wowzer!!:huh:

I will need to reread them a few times to get the gist of it. Particularly the steps to create/obtain an elixr, seem to have flied over my head.



So can we take it to mean that more the number of sacrifices, the greater the chance of a groups request being selected?
You got a town role? Iirc your last game aeons ago you were a Noble.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
...Though the idea of a Mason team big enough to farm elixirs for their Recruiter while also getting nightkills is pretty spicy :sky2




Unlikely to ever happen or be viable, but still. Spicy.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,641
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
...Though the idea of a Mason team big enough to farm elixirs for their Recruiter while also getting nightkills is pretty spicy :sky2




Unlikely to ever happen or be viable, but still. Spicy.
This may actually be a game where‘d I‘d buy a Recruiter starting with Masons that aren‘t all compromised scum, but then again would be a nice way of making Masons worthless like they‘re meant to be I guess.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
<- :blush


🦋 -> 🙏


...


Okay, no roleplaying :feelsbadman

The mechanics seem pretty interesting, but they're looking pretty hostile to town at the moment. I mean:



Main role and affiliation, I assume? :grumble



So unless it's roleless Masons, townies would have to paralyze themselves for most of the game for a slim chance of respawning once, without getting confirmed in the process, while the scum get free kills? :grumble



Unless the mafia team(s) are extremely small, this means they can ensure free early kills every night and still compete for the elixirs? :grumble
I think the roleless or passive roles can just be on elixirs producing duty and passing them around. Or is it not possible to create a second one the first?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

...Though the idea of a Mason team big enough to farm elixirs for their Recruiter while also getting nightkills is pretty spicy :sky2




Unlikely to ever happen or be viable, but still. Spicy.
Yeah, doesn't necessarily have to start with masons though. if your role is no good use start night 1 already
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Now that you mention it, you and a D1 Mason mention kind of makes my ears ring '3'
If you are suggesting that I am suggesting that I’m a mason then that’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m actually a role I have never been before. Not very excited about it. I have never known this role to be useful in a game. Ever. But potential recruitment by masons would be nice.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So two votekill already on Panda and Gajeel by DD and Gry.

Gry trying to kill my Ladd....:bnahdon’t you know: I...




Votekill Gry
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
If you are suggesting that I am suggesting that I’m a mason then that’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m actually a role I have never been before. Not very excited about it. I have never known this role to be useful in a game. Ever. But potential recruitment by masons would be nice.
Well, good for you guys I'm playing this game with you,and can make sense of these kind of comments now. :)

PlayerCrescent Jinx
Player-FactionGame #ThemeRole
Town
60​
Ace AttorneyDoctor-Sane
65​
Ao no ExorcistApprentice-Insane
66​
Hunter x HunterBarkeeper Traitor (I)
69​
OverlordNoble
71​
Kingdom HeartsProstitute Super Mason
73​
The Black Card InitiativeTime Bomb
74​
Akagami no Shirayukihime X Akatsuki no Yona CrossoverRecruiting Mason
76​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento AureoApprentice-Sane
83​
Isekai QuartetDetective-Insane
Mafia
61​
The Lord od the Rings EditionMafia Janitor (I)
63​
Kuroko no BasketMafia Escort
68​
World of WarcraftMafia Bomb Diffuser
72​
Fullmetal AlchemistMafia Boss
78​
The Unholy Grail WarMafia Mason
79​
Marvel Cinematic UniverseMafia Escort (I)
84​
MH HydraMafia Poisoner
Third Party
62​
RWBY EditionMafia Mason (II) Lover
67​
Tower of God: The King's OrdersSerial Killer

Come on, who else?
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
So can we take it to mean that more the number of sacrifices, the greater the chance of a groups request being selected?
That is correct.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hll
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top