Now that all the new series have debuted, it is the first time I can rank a full magazine from top to bottom. Let's see if this week's ranking holds some surprise:
1. Ayakashi Triangle: Holy cow that's a shocking suprise already! Perennial bottom-ranked impressed me so much to gain the title of chapter of the week. It tells a lovely, bittersweet story that gave me Inuyasha vibes and is suited for Valentine mood more than any Valentine themed chapter from other series. The fanservice reduced to a bare minimum also helped a lot.
2. Hard-boiled Cop and Dolphin:
Despite almost certainly being gone by the next round I do think that Hard-boiled Cop and Dolphin will actually work really nice as a short series.
I think this too and it feels like a little consolation prize. While it looks like a final arc, it doesn't look like it is rushed so it can at least end with dignity. Cool display of power this week and a fight for which I can't predict the outcome scheduled for the next. Never give up!
3. Undead Unluck: I never cared for Rip as a character, now I do. This is what defines true ability as a writer.
4. Nine Dragons' Ball Parade: I'm with all those positively surprised by this first chapter. The premise is nothing original, but is well narrated and you end up sympathizing for the main duo and rooting for them at the end. Only small remark is:
if he knows about that high school so much, why doesn't he know that people like him won't be chosen anyway? Let's hope it sticks around at least for a little while.
5. Sakamoto Days: Always a good read. We probably needed an opponent capable to put our Sakamoto in trouble. And now it's payback time!
6. Dr. Stone: We are ready to put the science stuff away for a while because a new fight of the smartest is starting! I am ready for Stone wars: Brazil edition.
7. Mission: Yozakura Family: We're in Soul Society mode and I predict everyone will pull off his/her Bankai during this arc. I don't complain if we get chapters this cool in return.
8. One Piece: We're back to confusionary paneling with multiple scenes to follow in one chapter, but it's not bad here because it felt like something is moving anyway. It's time to cut off the loose threads so we can concentrate to the big match over there.
9. Mashle: A good chapter that concludes the first round and sets up a new enemy while you feel sorry for the new friend. Certainly a better exam arc than Build King.
10. My Hero Academia: An chapter that doesn't really tell anything we didn't know but it can be the setup for great things to come.
11. Magu-chan: God of Destruction: Now everyone has his/her Pokémon! I liked how Magu proved his superiority at the beginning, sometimes you forget he is the freakin' God of Destruction.
12. Jujutsu Kaisen: I have to thank the anime because it recently refreshed my memory about some informations that were useful to understand better this chapter. Apart from that, a plain exposition chapter that is still important because there's no payoff without a proper setup.
13. High-school Family: Funny chapter, it took its time but now I start to enjoy the jokes. Although today's best joke was a comment from Mangaplus: "Hot Blooded Cow and Dolphin".
14. Me & Roboco: Still a bit undertone for me, but it had its nice jokes here and there. Best of the week: even the evil side of Gachi-Gorilla is good.
15. Phantom Seer: I think I should give it some credit because it gave focus at two side characters, that is always a good idea when you want to stick for a long time.
16. i tell c: What drives me to read it now is discovering what it will pull off to make the main duo even more unlikeable.
17. Black Clover: Yep, it is Asta. I am afraid I don't like the main character and his deus ex-machina abilities. I would love for the current situation to be solved by anyone but him, but unfortunately it wil be him.
18. Witch Watch: Undertone second chapter, even if I liked the first one a lot. We need new characters, asap!
19. The Elusive Samurai: It's a pity that three of the four new series are ranked so low. The creepy priest is too creepy to be a good sidekick, and I still think that the main character got over his losses pretty fast. Maybe it was a common thing in feudal Japan.
20. Build King: ToC ruined this for me, now I can't enjoy it anymore. The first trial should be a good chance to estabilish interesting characters, instead they all passed the test (which had everyone failing in the last 10 years) almost off-screen. Don't you want to be saved, o Build King?