Discussion - Should Power Levels be in the sequel manga? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Should Power Levels be in the sequel manga?

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Let's be honest (as I'm sure you all know), Power Levels were trash in the main series. They only served as a hype tool and a basic gauge of how characters compare to each other. Half the relevant cast didn't even get PL's and I don't even think half of the characters with PL's had the breakdowns for Magic, Strength and Spirit.

They probably will be in the sequel, but I honestly don't wanna see it if Nakaba isn't gonna make proper use for them. What are your thoughts on this?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope not, because they didn't matter half the time towards the end. Hell, they were iffy before then.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Should they? I think so, it's a sequel after all but they shouldn't be very important, even in NNT they weren't really important when you think about it, but the introduction and use(especially early after its introduction) was kinda annoying. I said something similar recently, but all that PL stuff mostly hyped Escanor because that was pretty much his perk in battles. Sunshine, unlike many of the Sins's Magics is that strong because it raises your stats. It's all about raw power. Gawain is most likely going to be the new Sunshine user, but maybe he'll use it differently or something who knows.

I would like something more specific about Magic themselves.

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hell nah

The power levels bs is one of the things that broke the power scaling & damaged the story completely

It was perfect when they were first introduced but it all quickly went to shit when Nakaba stopped going into detail about where the total PL stat was being distributed

I remember when it use to be strength, spirit or magic that determined the outcome of a battle not the total PL number but that quickly went south because we had characters like Merlin defeating people 100x strong than her

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering that Nakaba has the memory of a concrete brick, no power levels shouldn't return. They just create inconsistencies later in the future and they're so inflated by this point that it makes Venezuela's money look valuable. I honestly don't wanna see another dork with a power level of 700,000. It was cool when something like 50K was rare and when 3K was considered OP.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Considering that Nakaba has the memory of a concrete brick, no power levels shouldn't return. They just create inconsistencies later in the future and they're so inflated by this point that it makes Venezuela's money look valuable. I honestly don't wanna see another dork with a power level of 700,000. It was cool when something like 50K was rare and when 3K was considered OP.
Agreed.

Seeing Meliodas at 142,000 was pretty fucking hype.

Then Chandler, Cusack and Ludociel got PL's higher than this out of nowhere, kinda ruined it all

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed.

Seeing Meliodas at 142,000 was pretty fucking hype.

Then Chandler, Cusack and Ludociel got PL's higher than this out of nowhere, kinda ruined it all
What's worse is that they weren't even that impressive. The Sinner was just embarrassing.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
I say fuckin forget all those pls, just focus vastly on bug feats. I want some OP new big boom type feats in the sequel for good powerscaling

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I say fuckin forget all those pls, just focus vastly on bug feats. I want some OP new big boom type feats in the sequel for good powerscaling
Agreed, Nakaba needs to work on his power scaling, by firstly giving his characters actual feats, not just scaling from feats that happened 100+ chapters ago. I swear the amount of times a character would slash the ground, leaving a huge a ravine and it was supposed to be impressive just got stupid towards the end of the manga.

I feel like Nakaba doesn't have many 'big boom type feats' in NNT because it takes place in Britain which restricts what he can do without destroying the whole small country. Gloxinia of all people still has some of the most impressive big boom feats in the series.

One way he could fix this is to have fights in different dimensions, Purgatory fights just as an example. I can't for the life of me understand why the Demon King didn't at least get some impressive visual feats while we were in Purgatory. Like the best he did was slice the nearby environment and ground with his huge sword.... Wow... BoS Meliodas did that to a large hill with a twig, Galand did that multiple times casually, several characters did that after too.

Seeing the DK destroy a large island size area in Purgatory would have been awesome but it unfortunately never happened.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Agreed, Nakaba needs to work on his power scaling, by firstly giving his characters actual feats, not just scaling from feats that happened 100+ chapters ago. I swear the amount of times a character would slash the ground, leaving a huge a ravine and it was supposed to be impressive just got stupid towards the end of the manga.

I feel like Nakaba doesn't have many 'big boom type feats' in NNT because it takes place in Britain which restricts what he can do without destroying the whole small country. Gloxinia of all people still has some of the most impressive big boom feats in the series.

One way he could fix this is to have fights in different dimensions, Purgatory fights just as an example. I can't for the life of me understand why the Demon King didn't at least get some impressive visual feats while we were in Purgatory. Like the best he did was slice the nearby environment and ground with his huge sword.... Wow... BoS Meliodas did that to a large hill with a twig, Galand did that multiple times casually, several characters did that after too.

Seeing the DK destroy a large island size area in Purgatory would have been awesome but it unfortunately never happened.
Now with Chaos we can get to planet+ and the fact that there are various realms as well so.......

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I remember Merlin once said that power level doesn't matter anymore. She said after the stupid numbers for Ludo and Masters had been revealed. I seriously hope NS remains faithfull to that statement. What MnYK needs is a good plot with interesting character development, not a set of numbers to ruin the story.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now with Chaos we can get to planet+ and the fact that there are various realms as well so.......
The story could go planet+ level but I doubt it. The kids will probably get to country to continental level and Arthur is technically planet+ with Chaos but rn he lacks control. The thing I fear is that Nakaba will hold back on all this due to the location of the story sticking to Britain.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
No, please .... just no.
At most, instead of exact numbers, group them by categories. (S class, A class ....)
Nah it will not work

Let us pretend there are like 5 classes or whatever

so imagine is class 1 which could be the lowest beats effortless someone from class 2 or class3
The problem will be the same.
The main problem is suzuki cannot keep the consistency of the scale also i like strong characters but his characters
were broken as hell with nothing to work as a real balance.

Even escanor's night mode was pointless because of rhitta's ability on top on that in the day he was very powerful to the point he once shot
most of the enemies that had been hyped as powerful.

So what's the point? the dude need to learn the basics of scale and fighting also i hope you guys won't end with romantic story again because i still cannot understand how we have been promised action and adventure and all we got was romance and relationship hardships especially in the last 100 chapters it was all about love

Last edited:

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One way he could fix this is to have fights in different dimensions, Purgatory fights just as an example. I can't for the life of me understand why the Demon King didn't at least get some impressive visual feats while we were in Purgatory.
Adding to this, fuck Perfect Cube fights. Literally the definition of stopping characters from getting impressive visual feats from destroying the environment. Let's hope they never happen in the sequel.

Last edited:

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welp... If PL's return I suspect it'll happen in the next few chapters seeing as Percival unlocked his magic and Pelgart wants to train him.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Welp... If PL's return I suspect it'll happen in the next few chapters seeing as Percival unlocked his magic and Pelgart wants to train him.
Well there are other things that can define a power lvl for instance one guy fighting seriously and the other casually blocking every attack coming at him while yawning from boredom i mean stuff like this are solid hits at suggesting who is superior and who is inferior in a fight the main problem was the inconsistency i mean at one example you see merlin having trouble fighting someone like chandler or zeldris then in a much superior enemy he casually destroys him suggesting that in her previous fight she was just holding back.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well there are other things that can define a power lvl for instance one guy fighting seriously and the other casually blocking every attack coming at him while yawning from boredom i mean stuff like this are solid hits at suggesting who is superior and who is inferior in a fight the main problem was the inconsistency i mean at one example you see merlin having trouble fighting someone like chandler or zeldris then in a much superior enemy he casually destroys him suggesting that in her previous fight she was just holding back.
I hope that's how it will be. I prefer power scaling via actual feats rather than a PL system which wasn't even untilised correctly. Like I said, if it will return it will probably be in these next few chapters.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I still maintain that PLs won't matter much unless Sunshine becomes relevant. Because all its hype is about PL. It's not hard to know who are in the same ballpark.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I hope that's how it will be. I prefer power scaling via actual feats rather than a PL system which wasn't even untilised correctly. Like I said, if it will return it will probably be in these next few chapters.
I too like power scaling through actual feats but if done badly they can also be a mess for example in one piece we have plenty of those and even in nnt we had those for example merlin losing to chandler with no effort then proceeds into beating both 2 of the higher demons like they were nothing then both of those characters could even deal damage to the dk or cath like these deities were nothing.

I mean consistency is a key component that if done right is good but if done wrong it could turn it as bad as it was with the numeric system.

All the author had to do was to be consistent with the fight feats that all.