Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Does anyone have the link to Gege Akutami x Tite Kubo interview? Please I'm tryna read it but can't find it
You can find it on twitter or Bleach's reddit page. But I'd say wait for some better translations. The version that is out is translated poorly.
It's the reason why Kubo trended on twitter. Because people were blowing what he said out of proportion and criticizing him.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
To move on from the subject, I’d like to ask which author do you expect or wish to come back next, either veteran or axed author having another shot.

Personally who I expect to see are:
Fujimaki
Komi
Iwashiro
Tomohiro Yagi
Ryo Ishiyama
Gen Osuka (wasn’t a fan of Golem Hearts, but I do think he deserves another shot)
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
To move on from the subject, I’d like to ask which author do you expect or wish to come back next, either veteran or axed author having another shot.

Personally who I expect to see are:
Fujimaki
Komi
Iwashiro
Tomohiro Yagi
Ryo Ishiyama
Gen Osuka (wasn’t a fan of Golem Hearts, but I do think he deserves another shot)
Think Fujimaki should come back. I think he can do another entertaining spokon. Just pick a better sport.
I'm surprised Komi hasn't come back yet.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kawada, Fujimaki & Tosh/Miura

Not a fan of Bozebeats but Ryouji should come back. His art is too good. I think he's done with KnY spinoffs? He should probably pair up with someone though tbh.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Not a fan of Bozebeats but Ryouji should come back. His art is too good. I think he's done with KnY spinoffs? He should probably pair up with someone though tbh.
Hirano is currently working on a Fate/ manga for Kadokawa, might not have time to come back to Jump full time, but then again Kowloon's artist is doing a monthly series on the side too so who knows.

As for my hopes, always crossing my fingers for Komi, as a big Nisekoi fan.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To move on from the subject, I’d like to ask which author do you expect or wish to come back next, either veteran or axed author having another shot.

Personally who I expect to see are:
Fujimaki
Komi
Iwashiro
Tomohiro Yagi
Ryo Ishiyama
Gen Osuka (wasn’t a fan of Golem Hearts, but I do think he deserves another shot)
Akira Amano - Want another sci-fi/urban fantasy Reborn style
Ryoga Narita - Stealth Symphony was the best written manga; light novelists are the best writers imo
KAITO - BLue Flag is great
Furudate - Haikyuu
BETTEN Court - okay sure, he's doing the MHA Vigilantes spinoff, but would be good on something else too
Yuki Tanaka - Tokyo Shinobi Squad was perfection, sad their artist was a traitor (i see you phantom seer)
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
Akira Amano - Want another sci-fi/urban fantasy Reborn style
Ryoga Narita - Stealth Symphony was the best written manga; light novelists are the best writers imo
KAITO - BLue Flag is great
Furudate - Haikyuu
BETTEN Court - okay sure, he's doing the MHA Vigilantes spinoff, but would be good on something else too
Yuki Tanaka - Tokyo Shinobi Squad was perfection, sad their artist was a traitor (i see you phantom seer)
Amano is currently doing Ron Kamonohashi in Jump+.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
To move on from the subject, I’d like to ask which author do you expect or wish to come back next, either veteran or axed author having another shot.

Personally who I expect to see are:
Fujimaki
Komi
Iwashiro
Tomohiro Yagi
Ryo Ishiyama
Gen Osuka (wasn’t a fan of Golem Hearts, but I do think he deserves another shot)
Want Kazushi Takahashi to come back with another miniseries in the same style used in THE COMIQ.
Still waiting for Hajime Kazu's Jump+ return.
And anticipating Natsuo Nanno's GIGA debut.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
Yozakura next color page is gonna be 3 pages again!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

also perhaps its gonna be another color page right after, not sure tho if its messed up translations tho for the back to back color pages
--- Double Post Merged, ---

 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Takes them a whole year to acknowledge a series and the solution is to start overworking them, here for the next Gege situation. Series is going to have more color pages this year than it has had in all of its run. Wonder why in these cases we keep bringing up the surveys argument when having bad surveys should be the literal reason to push and highlight an already proved profitable series when it comes to volume sales, instead of letting it die and stagnate in the back of the magazine and then wondering why the hell doesn't it grow more when it has been invisible for +50 chapters.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
praying its cause yozakura is getting anime, please make it happen.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm really happy with all this love Yozakura is getting lately. It gives me hopes for it to finally get its Jump cover when it reaches 2nd anniversary.

Nak, what are you doing with Yozakura. Start doing it with Honomieru too.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I have the feeling that when Yozakura will get an anime, it will boost like Jujutsu or chainsaw man... Believe in these words when it will happen
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I'm really happy with all this love Yozakura is getting lately. It gives me hopes for it to finally get its Jump cover when it reaches 2nd anniversary.

Nak, what are you doing with Yozakura. Start doing it with Honomieru too.
The author is improving his action , some battles aren't as good, but he is getting better.
 

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
1,223
Age
28
Country
Brazil
To move on from the subject, I’d like to ask which author do you expect or wish to come back next, either veteran or axed author having another shot.

Personally who I expect to see are:
Fujimaki
Komi
Iwashiro
Tomohiro Yagi
Ryo Ishiyama
Gen Osuka (wasn’t a fan of Golem Hearts, but I do think he deserves another shot)
Am definitely on board for Gen Osuka`s return, i found his style to be very fun to see and i can only imagine if he let his creativity run lose it could lead to some interesting stories.

Do not know if Tomohiro nor Ishiyama would return considering the amount of cancelled series both have on the magazine. Although i feel like Ishiyama is more likely to happen since we saw more works of his in the last few years.

I would definitely like to see Mizuki Yoda(Illustrator for Ne0 lation) return but with a different author all together or by themselves. I feel like they have a lot of potential.

Usazaki Shiro is another i wish to see return with a mystery or battle series.

Ken Ogino is another i feel like could do a awesome series with his illustrations, but only if he manages to properly make a intriguing story.

Lastly, Takamasa Moue with a Sci-fi series similar to Galaxy Gangs. I know am not the only one who thinks like this.

Edit: Complety forgot about Yūshin Kuroki, the guy definitely deserves another shot maybe with a comedy action series similar to Gintama.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top