Not gonna argue Goldy Pond much, since it’s your opinion. But it’s still a wildly beloved arc by a large portion of the fanbase, so I wouldn’t exactly declare that a “turd that can’t be fixed”.
And the final arc was awful. But there were still hints of interesting ideas within it. Most people agree that the anime original content should have happened, after the adapted all of the stuff before that arc. If it went anime original then, it could have had came up with something, at the very least, more interesting than its manga counterpart
Live action on streaming gives it many advantages that anime didn't give it
-Amazon episodes are usually 40 minutes to 1hour 20 minutes
-Some focus testing could help them fix anything that comes out weird
-Big production values
--Costumes could look good for characters and demons
-Non-rushed anime production schedule
-writer's room style of western live action production can keep the plot sensible and tight
-We haven't seen people leave the project yet (such as showrunners shuffling like some problematic live action productions, just google amazon and showrunner leaves)
-Writer seems to collaborate with the manga writer... (only worrying this is they were attached to the second season of the anime, so...perhaps they lost their touch)
-America does future dystopia well, can't imagine going wrong with this genre
-Unless its the rare bomb no one watches, amzn gives most shows two seasons or more; their pretty good at cancelling shows if the pilots are terrible
Therefore, I have faith the live action by amazon should turn out really good, by not having super powers to worry about, a longer run time, and hopefully good costumes, if they just stick to the bare story, it should be the safest and easiest adaptation we get.
Id hope they don't do CGI monsters, and I think each arc can be split nicely into six hour long episodes
Phantom Seer died so Blue Box could live. Thank you for your services. You came, You saw, You (didn't) conquer but you are still a Chad. Rest in Peace.
Seriously though if Nakano is axing and replacing, bring that wolf hunting one shot and Mars one and take.... I don't know Build King? Cop and Dolphin? Magu Chan?
Well then, goodbye Seer, I was never super into you but you will be missed by many. i tell c has entered the bottom 5, now I'm starting to worry for it. Pretty middling first ranking for Kowloon unfortunately, really looking like the two vets are going to crush the news in this batch. Need the next issue preview asap, want to know how many new series are starting so we can figure out what's leaving with Seer. Blue Box hype!
I mean Build King has to be next right. It's had basically the same trajectory as Phantom Seer. It's a damn shame, but the writing was on the wall for a while now. I don't understand why this happened, but I hope that, at the very least, this artist gets more work, hopefully in another magazine.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.