Voting Round 3 - Alucard vs. Reinhard van Astrea | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Alucard vs. Reinhard van Astrea

Who wins?

• Reinhard Van Astrea

• Alucard

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Now this is an interesting match :datass

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I started reading Jujutsu this week and now I'm disappointed Alucard got here.

I'll wait for the campaigns before voting here.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
As I said before, the thing with Alucard is that he is annoying to kill. He is invincible in his verse even without Schrodinger in a fair battle, but the power of the verse itself isn't great. I don't think he can do anything to Reinhard really. The problem for Reinhard would be to find a way to get rid of him.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I don't know Alucard but if Reinhard can't kill him then he also can't win no?

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
I heard that Reinhard has a blessing that will let him revive. Don't know whether he can do it indefinitely. This will only matter if Alucard could even damage Reinhard. But at the same time how can Reinhard kill Alucard if he is omnipresent. Would Destroying the Hellsing verse kill Alucard? If it's a stalemate, then the one who can satisfy the ladies the most should win.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I heard that Reinhard has a blessing that will let him revive. Don't know whether he can do it indefinitely. This will only matter if Alucard could even damage Reinhard. But at the same time how can Reinhard kill Alucard if he is omnipresent. Would Destroying the Hellsing verse kill Alucard? If it's a stalemate, then the one who can satisfy the ladies the most should win.
Maybe or maybe somewhat like Conceptual Erasure type of power if Reinhard has it,problem is we never saw Alucard fighting someone after reaching that state.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Honestly this match is strange in a sense, cause if Alucard's power is true omnipresence then there's only two things Reinhard can do:

1- Nullify his power by cutting the concept of his ability. Reinhard is capable of nullifying concepts beyond space-time like Authorities with the Dragon Sword Reid.
This sword carries the power of Sword Saint Reid Astrea who could do just that with chopsticks so Reinhard can definitely do it.

The real question is how would that work if we take Alucard's power to the extreme and we say "he isn't anything" as its claimed he can choose to be nowhere without losing conscience of himself (something that makes zero sense but ok).

2- Destroy the entire world and reset it without a trace of Alucard, the most boring outcome honestly but still easier than option 1.

Both options require Reinhard to use the Sword Reid.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You heard well, If Reinhard is killed he will revive and come back full power again. He will keep reviving as long as his task remains undone, basically the Universe itself wont let him die.

Either way I dont think Alucard has anything that could kill him even once, so it comes to "How does Reinhard kill him" thing.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
There's a third option lambu

Wish for a blessing that kills immortals :kappa

That will work
The most op power of his is having the blessing of wishing for any blessing...

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly this match is strange in a sense, cause if Alucard's power is true omnipresence then there's only two things Reinhard can do:

1- Nullify his power by cutting the concept of his ability. Reinhard is capable of nullifying concepts beyond space-time like Authorities with the Dragon Sword Reid.
This sword carries the power of Sword Saint Reid Astrea who could do just that with chopsticks so Reinhard can definitely do it.

The real question is how would that work if we take Alucard's power to the extreme and we say "he isn't anything" as its claimed he can choose to be nowhere without losing conscience of himself (something that makes zero sense but ok).

2- Destroy the entire world and reset it without a trace of Alucard, the most boring outcome honestly but still easier than option 1.

Both options require Reinhard to use the Sword Reid.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You heard well, If Reinhard is killed he will revive and come back full power again. He will keep reviving as long as his task remains undone, basically the Universe itself wont let him die.

Either way I dont think Alucard has anything that could kill him even once, so it comes to "How does Reinhard kill him" thing.
Is Satella immortality a result of her authority or that hasn't been established yet?

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
There's a third option lambu

Wish for a blessing that kills immortals :kappa

That will work
The most op power of his is having the blessing of wishing for any blessing...
Well he doesnt need something like that when the sword already bypasses simple inmortality :edu

The issue with Alucard is that his "inmortality" doesnt come from dying but from existing permanently as long as he can project himself alive, its more tricky than good old "cannot be killed" trope.
Reinhard can easily kill Alucard, the problem is how do you kill something that can decide his own existence independently, his whereabouts aswell.
He shouldnt even be an individual in order to be capable of doing that but Alucard... can... I guess? :hmm

So being capable of slaying inmortal beings wouldnt be enough in this case, he needs to eliminate the root of his ability, something that he can do.

Is Satella immortality a result of her authority or that hasn't been established yet?
It hasnt been established yet but its quite implied it isn't. The author didn't want to spoil much so he only said " Reinhard is stronger than her, but he can't eliminate her for a problem of "compatibility"."

The common theory is that since she exists in several plains of existence, then even if Reinhard destroys her she will always come back. She can even go into a completely different Universe and drag people from there against their will (Subaru) so instead of inmortal is like some "impossible to eliminate" stuff. Would explain why they had to resort to sealing.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
How much of a threat do you need to be for the Dragon Sword to allow Reinhard to draw it?
Sorry for my ignorance, but i started watching season 1 and at the very beginning Rein said that the sword didnt deem the situation worthy of drawing it despite Rein not being able to kill his opponent with a regular sword? Does the sword has its own will?

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
How much of a threat do you need to be for the Dragon Sword to allow Reinhard to draw it?
Sorry for my ignorance, but i started watching season 1 and at the very beginning Rein said that the sword didnt deem the situation worthy of drawing it despite Rein not being able to kill his opponent with a regular sword? Does the sword has its own will?
Kind of, yes. Reinhard cannot draw the Dragon Sword Reid if IT doesnt deem its opponent worthy.

At first we all thought it came to the level of power or threat, so even if Elsa is fast and kind of inmortal (wont say more since you just started) she's still less than an ant next to Reinhard, so the sword would not react.

Then that thought vanished when he was unable to draw it against Regulus, who was more powerful and dangerous than other opponents that Reid recognized as worthy. As to why this happened there are various theories.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
So none of these can kill the other?

What about Alucard just absorbing Reinhard like some Re:Zero juice (no sugars, no calories)

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So none of these can kill the other?

What about Alucard just absorbing Reinhard like some Re:Zero juice (no sugars, no calories)
I already explained Reinhard can nullify Alucard's omnipresence thanks to him being able to nullify concepts with Reid Sword (yes he can bust absolute abilities). He can also destroy the entire world so Alucard cannot exist anywhere, then reset it without him. Similar to that noble phantasm that @Equaling Heaven mentioned in past rounds.

Also Sword Saints are inmune to soul manipulation/erasure since Reid Astrea's Od (soul) couldn't be devoured by Gluttony in Arc 6. Reinhard is an even more powerful version of Reid with all of Od Laguna's divine powers at his disposal so Alucard cant really do anything but avoid him.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Does Reinhard have mental attacks or ice manipulation in his arsenal? Besides destruction, if he can freeze Alucard's mind of freeze him, the latter won't be able to think, so he won't be able to project somewhere via Schrodinger's ability.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Does Reinhard have mental attacks or ice manipulation in his arsenal? Besides destruction, if he can freeze Alucard's mind of freeze him, the latter won't be able to think, so he won't be able to project somewhere via Schrodinger's ability.
He has a Divine Blessing of Mind Manipulation but he swore to never use it again for the inmorality behind it (he used it once and oof...)
I believe he would use it against a troublesome opponent that can only be taken down with it tho but thats my opinion now, not a fact, so its debatable.

As for Ice, he has zero magic. He's the only character in Re:Zero that cannot use it. He can obtain total inmunity to magic if he wishes for it tho (he has base 80% resistance against everything but can raise it to 100%).
Still I dont think Ice magic would work on Alucard if he's really omnipresent, since he can just see himself outside of its AoE and be done with it. Yin magic tho would mess with him good since its mind manipulation and space-time manipulation at its highest.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He has a Divine Blessing of Mind Manipulation but he swore to never use it again for the inmorality behind it (he used it once and oof...)
I believe he would use it against a troublesome opponent that can only be taken down with it tho but thats my opinion now, not a fact, so its debatable.

As for Ice, he has zero magic. He's the only character in Re:Zero that cannot use it. He can obtain total inmunity to magic if he wishes for it tho (he has base 80% resistance against everything but can raise it to 100%).
Still I dont think Ice magic would work on Alucard if he's really omnipresent, since he can just see himself outside of its AoE and be done with it. Yin magic tho would mess with him good since its mind manipulation and space-time manipulation at its highest.
It's not true omnipresence, it's active. He chooses where he wants to be. Alucard can be somewhere as long as he wants it. He can't be everywhere at the same time, he has to think of a place. He can't be both behind and in front of you for example. As long as you can prevent him from thinking "I am at X ", that would stop him. That's why I mentioned mind manipulation and freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.