Cleaning - Manga auto cleaning program | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Cleaning Manga auto cleaning program

sakura_uchiha

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Link expired! Con someone kindly re-up please ;)

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
yeah, would you please update it again?

blitzx

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
yeah, please reupload it again....

Uchiha Dany

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Man, you're brilliant! I'll keep a close eye in this project! I guess I want to be like you when I grow up, hahahahahahaha
Really, I don't even want to wonder the size of the code, I mean, to make a program 'understand an image', it must be really complex, xD
If you need help to make a small hotsite for the project or something of the sort, talk to me will ya?

PS: Is the project still alive? If not, at least release the source code, it may show to be useful to someone someday, xD

stringman520

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently I had been unsubscribed to this topic, I thought interest had sort of died on this because I hadn't received any notifications about this recently and thought interest had died, and then I receive a PM about it. In actuality, I've been looking to restart this project but thought that it was dead due to a lack of interest, when I look back at the topic, and see there had been a few responses. I had worked on a totally different project and completed it since then. Actually, to plug this other project, I wrote a program which will download and compress any available manga on onemanga.com, so if you want to read an entire manga available on there, it will download, and compress every image of a chapter into a zip file. Now, I'm willing to release this program as long as it won't piss off anybody involved with their site. I'm very appreciative of what they do, and don't want to annoy anybody involved (or get myself banned from their site). I did it more as a "can I do this?" rather than as a public project, and it will actually help a lot with this project, since I learned a lot about thread safety, which will be tremendously helpful with the cleaner. Back to the cleaner, since I am planning on doing this again, I offer this to the community. Play with what is available (I will reupload to sendspace and rapidshare and update the link on the OP) and tell me what you'd like to see. I think my plan is still to implement batch processing, as with the current image functions available, batch processing would be tremendously useful.

Oh and I cannot stress enough, if you are interested in trying this program and are getting error messages or unexpected results, go here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp. When playing with the program tonight, I realized that it if you do not download the JDK (instead of the JRE, which is what is distributed by default with Windows), some functions will not work properly (specifically auto level/level). If there ever is a wide distribution, this will be handled by some sort of an installer, but for now since at best this is an alpha release, I rely on you to deal with this.

EDIT: uploaded current version to http://rapidshare.com/files/83519803/MangaCleaningProject.jar.htmll
and http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ac0mg

Last edited:

mathi36

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hey,
your programm really looks interesting!
Could you tell me how you wrote the upload-function?

eidt: with upload, I mean the open-function for the pics

stringman520

Reaction score
Country
United States
What do you mean? Basically, I unzip the file into a folder, and then open up the individual images. If you want to know detailed java on how to do it, just PM me, and I'll explain all the details of the ImageIO class.

Uchiha Dany

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Great to know this, I'll keep tuned, xD
And I tested the program and it's great for an alpha release, you can pretty much level the page with minimal effort, xD
Now, just a side-note, the auto-levels doesn't work with Kylara's WSJ raws.

stringman520

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just tested it out on the most recent Kylara Naruto RAW, and it worked fine. Sometime it will not do anything on auto levels, simply because there is nothing that the program interprets should be done. Eventually, if you continue auto-leveling, it will stop doing anything. It assigns a value to level based upon analyzing the image, and sometimes it will set the values to exactly what they already are.

Shinn

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is awesome! Keep up the great work!!

He-man

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hmmm I couldn't get it to work on vista, it wouldn't save. might be my version of JRE, I'll try XP.

stringman520

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is awesome! Keep up the great work!!
Thanks!

hmmm I couldn't get it to work on vista, it wouldn't save. might be my version of JRE, I'll try XP.
Yeah, I don't think it should matter vista/XP, I would just go to the link I put on the OP and try upgrading Java

Very big update. I've been working on this a lot the last 2 weeks, and I finally have an update. I have added complete batch support, with saving and loading of batches. It will allow you to setup a group of processes, and run these on all or a single image. It will automatically save the images and repaint them. This will allow for a really fast processing of a raw, as in a few seconds. This will be used for normally repetitive tasks, such as converting to greyscale and auto leveling. As I add more functions to the app, they will show up in batch processing as well.

Additionally, I extensively modified the level window, and created and modified the set frame window. I added zoom capability within these windows, and made them dialog windows (inconsequential, but a major structural change on my part which will be tremendously useful going forward).

I will have a minor update very soon, as there are a few small things I want to modify (add a cancel button to the level and set frame, add a few helpful tool tips, and add more key functionality). In the zoom window, clicking page up and page down or scrolling the mouse wheel will zoom in or out. I will update the OP as well.

Here are the new programs:

SS: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nfjsh0
RS: http://rapidshare.com/files/87107033/MangaCleaningProject.jar.html

Last edited:

Raffle

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The links are dead :[

kimomaka

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
reupload please

Mapringg

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
fix the link please

Kushgo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am saying this to you from 2021 I wish the program will still work as of now

9KAW

Reaction score
Country
Tahiti
I am saying this to you from 2021 I wish the program will still work as of now
i think like you
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think he's old now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

But if you can help develop this program. I will use this program until complete.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I am waiting for you