Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,442
Reaction score
3,619
Age
26
Country
United States
How many days is the first week this time? And that's a very good hold for Ayakashi for it's second day on shoseki.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
people really didnt like build king. sad.

maybe the final chapters in v3 will save it I guess.
 

galaxy-juice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2021
Messages
895
Reaction score
1,829
Age
25
Country
United States
How many days is the first week this time? And that's a very good hold for Ayakashi for it's second day on shoseki.
3 days

Also I'm pretty impressed with WW too, happy for it. I wonder how TES will perform next month.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
Shoseki 6/6
1. Jujutsu Kaisen 16
2. One Piece 99
3. SpyXFamily 7
4. Kaiju No8 3
5. Dr. Stone 21
55. Ayakashi Triangle 4
97. Sakamoto Days 2
102. Witch Watch 1
276. Highschool Family 2
299. Magu-chan 4
335. BuildKing 2
473. Kowloons Ball Parade 1
 

MrDropCombo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
135
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
Really solid week for jump, lots of good chapters all round! Finally started Candy Flurry too and despite the concept being stupid, it’s actually a really good time
 

NyanPower

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
360
Reaction score
773
Age
25
Country
Italy
looks like witch watch is having stock issues
Not sure if it’s a marketing strategy, low prints or if it’s actually popular.
Can’t trust popularity announcements anymore after the Build King fiasco
 
Last edited:

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Not sure if it’s a marketing strategy, low prints or if it’s actually popular.
Can’t trust popularity announcements anymore after the Build King fiasco
I think it"s true, because it looks like it's selling good
 

Ricool

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Messages
69
Reaction score
202
Age
31
Country
France
Instead of printing 3 million copies for every One Piece volume that don't even sell 2 millions, Shueisha should dedicate their printing machines to newer series since literally ALL of the successful new series are sold out after two days
 

KiMiTo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
345
Reaction score
578
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
What a strong issue!

Jump #27:

Great:
Sakamoto Days
- Damn, what a chapter! Insane pages and an epic entrance at the end!
Jujutsu Kaisen - What a battle! Crazy stuffs!
One Piece - That was a great way to lift up the spirit! And finally we'll see Kaido and Yamato interact.
The Elusive Samurai - Oh, the best chapter yet imo. The tactics were great. And the MC will take the creepy one? Hype!

Good:
Kowloon's Ball Parade
- Shame that the authors are forced to rush things like that. But even rushed, the chapter was good enough to show the improvement of the team.
Blue Box - The way Haryu trolled Taiki... 😂
Witch Watch - Cuteness overload.

Fine:
Candy Flurry
- When she tied her hair - in that moment I forgot everything else 😂

Meh:
I tell C
- Not as bad as usual, but still meh. Can we expect an axe in the next issue, since it already have enough material for volume 2?
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
HSF above Magu-chan, Furudate's boost is coming :cheez
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I like the addition of Fubuki to Elusive Samurai, it gives the series an opportunity to do large scale tactical battles along the lines of something like Kingdom, which adds variety to the type of content we have been getting so far

High School Family already reached the summer vacation, will this be like Saiki Kusou where the characters went to summer vacation 6 times without aging or moving class, or will they actually move to second year of highschool?
also the series made sure that no one should take its shift to the sport genre seriously and went out of it way to skip all the father and son tournaments off screen, and even mocked the sport genre itself with "their ambition changed to the next tournament"
which is the equivalent of "their battle is just getting started" in the battle genre

Yozakura chapter should have been the series last chapter, I don't get why they need another dark organization behind the current dark organization which they just beaten
the entire Tanpopo arc was repetitive and formalic
>divide the siblings
>single fight
>sad flashback
>power up
>redemption
>end
I don't see where the series can go without repeating what they have already did here
I also fear how strong and overpowered a certain Mary Sue will be by the end of the series
even the cutesy married couple gags which this series like to do from time to time have become opportunities to show off how amazing he truly is
this chapter his wife sneak up to scare him and his response is "yeah, I can hear you from 100 meters away" ok Clark Kent chill

Sakamoto Days chapter was so good, I know I brought it up before but when we get this type of violence and gore spreads from the side characters I can't help but think the "no killing" rule is holding it back
just look at how tamed Sakamoto last week battle was compared to this week battles
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Did this.



Other ratios. Sexy Commando 1.00, Hoshin Engi 0.96, Video Girl Ai and D.Gray-man 0.93, To Love-Ru 0.89, Chainsawman 0.85, Rookies 0.83, Sakigake Otokojuku and Kochikame 0.79, JoJo 0.74, Gintama 0.72, Reborn! 0.71, Toriko 0.58, Shokugeki 0.56, Eyeshield21 and Black Clover 0.54

EDIT: Reuploaded the pic. I had wrong the number of Hokuto no Ken rate in only Japan (is an even bigger number).
 
Last edited:

KagamiKuroko

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2020
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
2,032
Age
26
Country
United States
Did this.



Other ratios. Sexy Commando 1.00, Hoshin Engi 0.96, Video Girl Ai and D.Gray-man 0.93, To Love-Ru 0.89, Chainsawman 0.85, Rookies 0.83, Sakigake Otokojuku and Kochikame 0.79, JoJo 0.74, Gintama 0.72, Reborn! 0.71, Toriko 0.58, Shokugeki 0.56, Eyeshield21 and Black Clover 0.54
When DB ended it was at ~100 million copies in japan at 42 million volumes, how did it nearly double its per volume since? I can't imagine kanzenbans alone doing that
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
CF: Guess I was partially right with my ‘really strong’ idea. Not sure about the love story, but it is entertaining now.

Candy Flurry - When she tied her hair - in that moment I forgot everything else 😂
Looks lovely, doesn't it? She should wear it like that more often.

(Though there's a small continuation mistake, since she already had it tied up in the previous page. Also I think 'confeito' was meant to be confit, since they are going with a French theme for the Recette.)

NDBP: I appreciate them trying to give us as many character moments as possible in the time that’s left, but it feels like they are confined to their gimmicks now and that’s a shame.

HSF: I thought this was ending for a second. I wonder why they’re suddenly skipping so much.

BB: Nice twist.

WW: Dad is a douche. And while I like the character development we got, I can’t help but notice that the other girl ended up feeling mostly like a story devise to set off the flashback.

Mashle: Not bad, but the super serious tone of the first half and Mashle’s antics in the second half don’t really match for me.

I tell c: The writer can actually write, but this concept was never fit for a long serialisation. I hope they come back soon with something a little more thought-out.

Yoz: That was a cute bit of nothing.

TES: The story is pretty good, but the characters remain a problem for me.

BC: I barely remember the last time we saw her, but nice developments.

SD: Okay, not sure where this is going, but I’m interested.

Dr Stone: I guess we’ll be cutting down on the science explanations from now on, seeing as we’re nearing the top level an ordinary person can understand.

OP and MHA were pretty good this week, got me invested in some of the characters.

UU: Fuuko has been promoted to ‘my dear.’ That’s cute. I like that he got his peace of mind back.

C&D: Neat. We still need to tie up some loose ends, but it looks like this’ll be wrapping up really nicely.

Roboco and Magu were ok.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States

Shueisha applied for trademarks of "Mission: Yozakura Sanchi no Daisakusen" and "Ayakashi Triangle" logo (application number 2021-61612 2021-63202) Weekly Shonen Jump serialized manga, that is, it seems to be the usual one In terms of content, games, goods, books, clothing, toys, anime, etc.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Shueisha applied for trademarks of "Mission: Yozakura Sanchi no Daisakusen" and "Ayakashi Triangle" logo (application number 2021-61612 2021-63202) Weekly Shonen Jump serialized manga, that is, it seems to be the usual one In terms of content, games, goods, books, clothing, toys, anime, etc.
ANIME INCOMING ANIME INCOMING INCOMING ANIME INCOMING
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I'm curious how an anime of Yozakura would even be done, the series struggled at the bottom for much of its first year but I feel like the shift also wouldn't have as much of an impact if it didn't have lots of episodic gag stuff first. Plus the most recent chapter would be a really good place to end on.

What I think might work best is a 2 cour anime bringing it up to this week's chapter, and have it just skip 10 or so of the most unpopular/unnecessary episodic chapters so it could comfortably go at ~3 ch per episode. Essentially making it so the first cour would be the pre-shift, and second cour would be post-shift, since skipping around 10 chapters would make pre and post genre shift roughly equal in length.

Heck, it could even put back in the skipped chapters for s2 (if it got one) like how Reborn's anime split the early gag arc in half.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Shueisha applied for trademarks of "Mission: Yozakura Sanchi no Daisakusen" and "Ayakashi Triangle" logo (application number 2021-61612 2021-63202) Weekly Shonen Jump serialized manga, that is, it seems to be the usual one In terms of content, games, goods, books, clothing, toys, anime, etc.
2nd anniversary with important announcement in the horizon?

Man, if my wildest prediction of 2021 about Yozakura getting a anime before Mashle and Undead become reality...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top