Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,593
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,593
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Awesome! I got the manliest Avatar by far! I'm strong! I'm buff! And I got a chin so square you could build the Buckingham Palace on it! XD
And I think my role fits my Avatar pretty well as well, let's take that as my hint towards my role. Pretty happy with both. ;D
You are also Brazilian btw.
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You are also Brazilian btw.
Double awesome! I got the dance moves and confidence to be the party king, wooooooot!!! XDDD

As for the mechanics, I like them, they are straight-forward and keeping the dead in-game as the death council, that's cool. Seems we get more and more thoughts lately how to make the game interesting for those who have to leave early on and can either only watch or just scratch the game outta their mind until it is over and they talk about it with the others after its end.
It's why I am such a fan of the Shapeshifter because its victims stay in the game unlike with other killing roles.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Who cares to share their pick if they become part of the DC? In my case, anything but Libra.

Also, got a night role too.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
็ฅžใฎใ”ใจใ— / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,371
Gender
Male
Country
France
Awesome! I got the manliest Avatar by far! I'm strong! I'm buff! And I got a chin so square you could build the Buckingham Palace on it! XD
And I think my role fits my Avatar pretty well as well, let's take that as my hint towards my role. Pretty happy with both. ;D
Aldebaran is a jobber though. I am the strongest Saint!

The game seems to be designed to end within 6 days, as there is no more mechanics to choose for Day 7. Some zodiacs have additional kills with them so that might not be a too long game. Although lot of designs in games didn't really work out in practise as thought, so lets see.

For my hint, I have a night role, that I never had before.
A role even you have never had before?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Btw I just want to leave this here, the story of saint seiya starts with this old man that is given a baby and an armor by a dying guy.

Then for some reason this old man goes around the world picking up 100 of his (until then) unrecognised children (yes they are all his) and makes them fight almost to death for the armor.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Your brother way cooler.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Btw I just want to leave this here, the story of saint seiya starts with this old man that is given a baby and an armor by a dying guy.

Then for some reason this old man goes around the world picking up 100 of his (until then) unrecognised children (yes they are all his) and makes them fight almost to death for the armor.
And people hate on Omniman.
 

Juviii

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Dammit, I'm still stuck on a water sign...
Panda as Death is so fitting :teehee
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I think we start with a sign, yes. Pisces/Aries
Yeah, I read it like twice and I still don't get it. Both have in their text that it will follow by default on Night 1, but Aries kills someone from bottom 5, and Pisces swaps someone from bottom 5 with oneself? So revive? And which is it now?

Who would not take the revive self with confirmed role for an additional kill. If Aries is designed for a mafia to take to not return, then I still don't get it why the mafia would not rather also revive self and kill someone else instead, and make town waste an other lynch on Day 2 on him.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I read it like twice and I still don't get it. Both have in their text that it will follow by default on Night 1, but Aries kills someone from bottom 5, and Pisces swaps someone from bottom 5 with oneself? So revive? And which is it now?

Who would not take the revive self with confirmed role for an additional kill. If Aries is designed for a mafia to take to not return, then I still don't get it why the mafia would not rather also revive self and kill someone else instead, and make town waste an other lynch on Day 2 on him.
This.

I think we'll have to wait for the hosts to clarify.
 

avietar

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
2,066
Age
34
Country
Netherlands
Ah yes, first night Sign is Aries! Okay, this sounds exciting :)

Not all avatars are taken, are they? I'm looking for the weird breastplate guy, Regulus?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Oh wow ok I didn't see pisces I don't get it.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ah yes, first night Sign is Aries! Okay, this sounds exciting :)

Not all avatars are taken, are they? I'm looking for the weird breastplate guy, Regulus?
Both Aries and Pisces are said to take place at the end of D1. Someone will die and someone will ress like?
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Aldebaran is a jobber though. I am the strongest Saint!



A role even you have never had before?
Says the Saint who looks like a woman bringing buff me my daily beer when I sit down on the couch to complain about work. xD

Are there even roles Evil hasn't played yet? Except maybe for some of the newer ones?
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Like I think we'll only have a DC formed by the end of N1 based on who get lynched and who get killed N1. It needs 3 players do be filled.
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Both Aries and Pisces are said to take place at the end of D1. Someone will die and someone will ress like?
Doesn't it just mean that only the Pisces chosen one will die since it replaces the Aries chosen one?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top