Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

Asako

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
You want me to believe she starts the game, changes her avi, sees he role as town, goes into game and votes capricorn before even seeing who is playing? She obviously knew people are constellations because she voted capricorn but she also should know we are easily more players than there are signs, given how much into it she is as you say. Yet is surprised there are more?
So convoluted.
Dude, it's the same juviii that says she gonna suicide if she ever mason
I can totally see her doing it
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
No, it's sad reality. I can't remember a single Miss Universe where there wasn't tons of make-up and bikinis in all forms and sizes (especially small ones) involved in the process.
Jfk, the fact that it's reality doesn't mean it's not sexist.



VOTEKILL JAMES

Placeholder, but wanna see where things go from here.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Do what you may. But you are wrong. I did see the playlist, but they say the names, not the signs. And as I said it was instinctive so not like I thought about it, it was just a joke after all to keep the meme going.
But surely you saw we are 21 players? Youโ€˜re into astrology, how many signs are there?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dude, it's the same juviii that says she gonna suicide if she ever mason
I can totally see her doing it
We will see. Mafia Juviii prefers being out of the spotlight, so shining on her is the way to go. Especially with her likely throwaway vote intended to be seen as funny so she can drop under the radar. My 5 cents on her so far, but am done explaining that thought process for now. Will hunt others next.
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
You want me to believe she starts the game, changes her avi, sees he role as town, goes into game and votes capricorn before even seeing who is playing? She obviously knew people are constellations because she voted capricorn but she also should know we are easily more players than there are signs, given how much into it she is as you say. Yet is surprised there are more?
So convoluted.
I don't want you to believe anything in particular.

As a votekill, on this day, I don't see the reason to drop the gavel.

Juviii is also good at this game, do you expect her to be that clumsy, as a mafia?
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jfk, the fact that it's reality doesn't mean it's not sexist.



VOTEKILL JAMES

Placeholder, but wanna see where things go from here.
I know you're just jelly of my muscles, Evily, so I forgive ya. ;)
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Juviii is also good at this game, do you expect her to be that clumsy, as a mafia?
Anyone can make mistakes, just that mafia is more likely to do placeholder-vote mistakes. Proven through history, you yourself got lynched as mafia long ago for an obviously bad placeholder. Can also be intentional to further the joke. Neither looks like itโ€˜s from a town.

But yeah not trying to convince you, just giving you my thoughts so youโ€˜re not โ€žconfusedโ€œ.
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Anyone can make mistakes, just that mafia is more likely to do placeholder-vote mistakes. Proven through history, you yourself got lynched as mafia long ago for an obviously bad placeholder. Can also be intentional to further the joke. Neither looks like itโ€˜s from a town.

But yeah not trying to convince you, just giving you my thoughts so youโ€˜re not โ€žconfusedโ€œ.
It was a placeholder?

That's okay, I'm trying to understand why you're adamant, and I don't.
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Anyone can make mistakes, just that mafia is more likely to do placeholder-vote mistakes. Proven through history, you yourself got lynched as mafia long ago for an obviously bad placeholder. Can also be intentional to further the joke. Neither looks like itโ€˜s from a town.

But yeah not trying to convince you, just giving you my thoughts so youโ€˜re not โ€žconfusedโ€œ.
Did juvii know or use Random-Chan before this game started, because you theory about placeholder-vote mistake, it easier to implement using Random-Chan than a joke like that.

So if she knows about Random-Chan it less likely
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It was a placeholder?

That's okay, I'm trying to understand why you're adamant, and I don't.
It helps that she's a bully and nightkills me early as mafia/tp so when I see her slipping I'm taking that initiative :bnah
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I think youโ€˜re just playing town wrong. It shouldnโ€˜t be about making yourself look innocent, but to find and lynch mafia. That playing act itself should show who is town and mafia. Shad and likely you are accomplishing the opposite, by trying too hard to โ€žlook normalโ€œ you end up not giving any valuable reads on you and end up looking fake.
lol :))) well sorry but I don't agree with that. It's not like you're only trying to show you're town without giving too much so that you don't get on mafo top kill list, and being inactive to not stand out wouldn't help either cuz it'd make you sus to town. So whichever way you take it you look sus. There's just no end to this with you ppl. And lmao all of a sudden I'm sus? :)))))))))))))))))) it's shad and me โ™ฅ sounds like the start of a beautiful relationship @Shad

Plus, who said besides trying to show your allegiance is true will stop you from actually contributing to the game? That's just a very silly assumption right there. I wasn't sus of you up until these last comments, but you just keep throwing nonsense :))) so hmmm.

Mafia cannot afford being honest, so being as honest as possible is the way to go as town. Why stop yourself from โ€žlooking inquisitiveโ€œ if you want to be inquisitive, just because you think others see it badly? One shouldnโ€˜t keep thinking about โ€žhow will the crowd receive this postโ€œ as town, only as mafia because they are lying all the time, town not.
hold up hold up, so I'm town, and I'm trying to show ppl that I am town, and you're saying i'm fake, but then you say i gotta be as honest as possible? You're contradicting yourself Gry I am surprised to see this from you if you're indeed town, or do you play better townie when you're mafia?
whoever said anything about anyone stopping themselves from looking inquisitive?!?!?! Please link to posts I gotta see this. No one said others see inquisitive players badly either.

Imma stop right here before I impulsively votelock you.
 

Juviii

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
But surely you saw we are 21 players
There are 12 signs. Doesn't mean all characters have to be signs, the hosts aren't for example. And 12 +12 = 24, we are only 21 so not all signs are duplicated. But that's not the reason.
The reason is that I really didn't think about it at all, it's not even about knowing or not knowing, that's what instinct is. You obsessing over a meme and you think I'm some kind of genius that would start planning late af at night and in the first hours of the game. You would be surprised how little do I care about the game until I at least get a good night sleep. But again, that's not even the reason, the reason is simply I didn't think anything about the game because it was an instinctive joke.
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Juviii

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
It helps that she's a bully and nightkills me early as mafia/tp so when I see her slipping I'm taking that initiative :bnah
So you decided to pick on me to make sure if I'm mafia I will definitely kill you N1? Sounds like a good town strat...

But fear not, I can't kill you this game, if I could though I 100% would ๐Ÿ˜ 
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
lol :))) well sorry but I don't agree with that. It's not like you're only trying to show you're town without giving too much so that you don't get on mafo top kill list, and being inactive to not stand out wouldn't help either cuz it'd make you sus to town. So whichever way you take it you look sus. There's just no end to this with you ppl. And lmao all of a sudden I'm sus? :)))))))))))))))))) it's shad and me โ™ฅ sounds like the start of a beautiful relationship @Shad
I didn't say you are sus, you are reading the words wrong. I said trying to carefully handcraft your posts will end up having you look fake. Like, the more it goes on during the game. Older games prove this to you because this happens to you more often than to me, for example.
As for your other point, I disagree. Not pursuing your suspects so that mafia doesn't nightkill you is counter-productive. You live longer but at the cost of how many mislynches?

hold up hold up, so I'm town, and I'm trying to show ppl that I am town, and you're saying i'm fake, but then you say i gotta be as honest as possible? You're contradicting yourself Gry I am surprised to see this from you if you're indeed town, or do you play better townie when you're mafia?
whoever said anything about anyone stopping themselves from looking inquisitive?!?!?! Please link to posts I gotta see this. No one said others see inquisitive players badly either.
I don't get what you're saying here. Didn't contradict myself anywhere so if you want to continue this discussion you should try to be more clear in your wording.
I said what I said: town should play/talk in an honest way because mafia cannot afford to do so. Then Shad stops himself from pressing on Hardy to "not look inquisitive" in his words, then you back him by saying it's not odd as town to control yourself weirdly to look different to others. I'm saying this is wrong on you both.

You don't have to agree but at least read posts properly and be clear with your assessments.

Imma stop right here before I impulsively votelock you.
You do what you want, but didn't you just say you worry how others might see odd behavior such as, say, early votelocks? ๐Ÿค”
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
it's shad and me โ™ฅ sounds like the start of a beautiful relationship @Shad
I didn't want to say it because I don't want you to kill me, but I can't lie to you after being so sweet, I'm a Gemini :story

~
Please town don't let this S tier players ignored if they survive the next 3 nights.
I listed them in Tier of priority night kills in my opinion for mafia.

S tier: Hardy, Evil3Eye, Gry
A tier: Juvii, Erinyes, Asako..

Few games ago SonOfDaws won as mafia because the remaining players didn't ask the simple question: How the fuck is he still alive by D6?
Also that idea that mafia would let an S tier play for 6 days because they are trying to set him up... that just dumb get them.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Alright 10 pages to catch up to. Still got 2 hours of work so it'll take a bit.

It seems that being bottom 5 posters can get you killed, sorry for people reading this thread for the spam.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think this rule is a bit too punishing, maybe should have been between the last 10 posters instead of 5, the only valid strategy here is to spam.

Must people are doing it by chatting, but in the end it all about not ending bottom 5.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

As said earlier by evil D1, anybody can spam, so it not even a challenge.
Well it's probably less about it being a challenge but more about taking away easy lynch targets as it removes AFK people and also accelerates the game. But that's just my conjecture. Since today is still a working day I'll have to play catch up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top