Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,621
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,621
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
In this game there was town pirate, apprentice, and insane apprentice. You Mafia?
I'm not saying it never happens(especially pandagames), but it's very rare and these claims get distrusted when they come in such numbers, for good reason. Iirc Ustegius was very distrusted and that one Apprentice was lynched.

If you wanna put your hand in fire for the Pirate go ahead. I'll wait and see.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
can someone explain to me why did DD lie about being mentee to get lynched while he is mafia janitor?
I don't think even he knew.

I see little gameplay benefits for mafias if this was pre-planned, and I don't remember anyone seriously considering sparing him last phase regardless. If anything the votelocks came even faster when he said that.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Come on Noona, me being mafia with DD wouldn't make sense. Why would I contest his claim? Wouldn't we have 2 night phases to talk and make sure we don't claim the same? I can at best be a TP or another mafia group, but with the small amount of killers that's low chance.

I trusted his Mentor-Mentee shenanigans but me falling for that doesn't say anything negative about me as I didn't try to save him by doing that. If anything, anyone that seriously considered he was telling the truth would be townies imo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Yes and every phase from now until they die.
precisely because of that, you were more trustworthy you'd distance yourself from mafia a lot if you counter claimed and he died it's basically "confirm" you, if Margi was the real psychiatrist mafia would know, and this play strategy would be perfect. So if you think about it, it makes perfect sense XD

I mean, how many times does DD make it to the end game as mafia, how many times do you? Who's more trustworthy in general, DD? I think not.


LOL at the second part, so are you indirectly accusing me of not being townie because I was on him since D1?????? ok Gry, got it.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
precisely because of that, you were more trustworthy you'd distance yourself from mafia a lot if you counter claimed and he died it's basically "confirm" you, if Margi was the real psychiatrist mafia would know, and this play strategy would be perfect. So if you think about it, it makes perfect sense XD

I mean, how many times does DD make it to the end game as mafia, how many times do you? Who's more trustworthy in general, DD? I think not.


LOL at the second part, so are you indirectly accusing me of not being townie because I was on him since D1?????? ok Gry, got it.
First, you're wrong that mafia would know Margi's role. She wasn't Janitor killed but swapped by sign, why would mafia get to know her role? Would be imbalanced, and even if, it would have showed with DD dying as Janitor if they weirdly connected it.

Second, your argument is really that I sacrificed him for credibility? I didn't need the credibility, I was well more trusted above like half the players at that point even without having claimed.

Maybe I should check you for a secondary role next night, you've been accusing me a bit too much for my liking.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Do you mean claim??? :yodawg
Oh. Explains your stance. Interesting.

Which night did you do the deed? Did you use his blocking power yet?
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
precisely because of that, you were more trustworthy you'd distance yourself from mafia a lot if you counter claimed and he died it's basically "confirm" you, if Margi was the real psychiatrist mafia would know, and this play strategy would be perfect. So if you think about it, it makes perfect sense XD

I mean, how many times does DD make it to the end game as mafia, how many times do you? Who's more trustworthy in general, DD? I think not.
The only reason I disagree is dd being Janitor. After Hardy dying and losing des they wouldn't sacrifice a Janitor surely. For now Gry seems less likely Mafia than most.
 

Maryxxi

Registered User
ๅˆๅฟƒ่€…/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
766
Age
26
Country
Morocco
I don't think even he knew.

I see little gameplay benefits for mafias if this was pre-planned, and I don't remember anyone seriously considering sparing him last phase regardless. If anything the votelocks came even faster when he said that.
you mean he didn't know what? that we'll do as he said and lynch him?
the dumbass that i am, did consider that. remember after i locked him i suggested that we should kill the mentor first and spare dd's life for now, as his dying will just make the mentor recruit another townie from us :)
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
First, you're wrong that mafia would know Margi's role. She wasn't Janitor killed but swapped by sign, why would mafia get to know her role? Would be imbalanced, and even if, it would have showed with DD dying as Janitor if they weirdly connected it.

Second, your argument is really that I sacrificed him for credibility? I didn't need the credibility, I was well more trusted above like half the players at that point even without having claimed.

Maybe I should check you for a secondary role next night, you've been accusing me a bit too much for my liking.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Oh. Explains your stance. Interesting.

Which night did you do the deed? Did you use his blocking power yet?
N3.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
you mean he didn't know what? that we'll do as he said and lynch him?
the dumbass that i am, did consider that. remember after i locked him i suggested that we should kill the mentor first and spare dd's life for now, as his dying will just make the mentor recruit another townie from us :)
No, I mean he didn't know why he claimed Mentee. Think it was just his way to end things. A caught mafia can have a bit of a meltdown at times.

Did you? I really need to check back, but I don't remember any strong attempts at saving him. That doesn't look well on you does it?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
First, you're wrong that mafia would know Margi's role. She wasn't Janitor killed but swapped by sign, why would mafia get to know her role? Would be imbalanced, and even if, it would have showed with DD dying as Janitor if they weirdly connected it.

Second, your argument is really that I sacrificed him for credibility? I didn't need the credibility, I was well more trusted above like half the players at that point even without having claimed.

Maybe I should check you for a secondary role next night, you've been accusing me a bit too much for my liking.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Oh. Explains your stance. Interesting.

Which night did you do the deed? Did you use his blocking power yet?
I remembered her death as being janitored, but yea role should have been revealed now then :))) I forgot for a second that it reveals after death.

Oh, go right ahead, check me out next, you can confirm I'm not one of the lovers either that way, so win win xD
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
็ฅžใฎใ”ใจใ— / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
No it actually really make sense, they be getting two blocking roles...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyways, i don't like that cancer was used today and not on night, feel like a mafia protecting their teammate or wasting the protection
But why kill EH then? Wouldn't it be better to let him live so that he'll think he is Prostitute forever?

Also getting two blocking roles is nice but IIRC, Mafia Pirate loses the ability to kill.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
N1 you tried stealing from him(why him?) and failed to the kill cointoss?
N2 he was alive but you decided not to do anything?
N3 was skipped(you stole here? You mean N4?)
N4 now you suddenly decided to steal again from him?

Can you elaborate on your thought process during those nights?
 

Maryxxi

Registered User
ๅˆๅฟƒ่€…/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
766
Age
26
Country
Morocco
I remembered her death as being janitored, but yea role should have been revealed now then :))) I forgot for a second that it reveals after death.

Oh, go right ahead, check me out next, you can confirm I'm not one of the lovers either that way, so win win xD
you talking about margi right? no she wasn't janitored. her role is hidden cuz she was swapped with heaven cuz of a sign
"If this Sign is voted for, the DC will vote for one (1) player among the bottom five (5) posters to swap places with themselves (the selected player dies as ????)."
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
also @GrySun , if you check back through your comments about DD and try to read with diff eyes, you'll see my reason for nudging at you. I'm not jumping on you like I did on DD, I was pointing out what made sense in my mind. If you'd check a day before I actually agreed with you a lot and did not find you sus. so I wouldn't say "a bit too much for my liking" if I were you.
 

Maryxxi

Registered User
ๅˆๅฟƒ่€…/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
766
Age
26
Country
Morocco
you talking about margi right? no she wasn't janitored. her role is hidden cuz she was swapped with heaven cuz of a sign
"If this Sign is voted for, the DC will vote for one (1) player among the bottom five (5) posters to swap places with themselves (the selected player dies as ????)."
Pices
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
The only reason I disagree is dd being Janitor. After Hardy dying and losing des they wouldn't sacrifice a Janitor surely. For now Gry seems less likely Mafia than most.
yea, I forgot that part about janitor death revealing, otherwise I would have obviously not said what I said :)))) and gotten off his back
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
N1 you tried stealing from him(why him?) and failed to the kill cointoss?
N2 he was alive but you decided not to do anything?
N3 was skipped(you stole here? You mean N4?)
N4 now you suddenly decided to steal again from him?

Can you elaborate on your thought process during those nights?
lol, N3 was a joke.

Fuck I might actually claim.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
also @GrySun , if you check back through your comments about DD and try to read with diff eyes, you'll see my reason for nudging at you. I'm not jumping on you like I did on DD, I was pointing out what made sense in my mind. If you'd check a day before I actually agreed with you a lot and did not find you sus. so I wouldn't say "a bit too much for my liking" if I were you.
But that's like saying you think I'm extremely sloppy at playing Mafia. Sure I tried saving you that BnHA game we were mafias, but that was a random D1 lynch. Letting go of a teammate that brickwalled himself is hardly something I wouldn't do. Unless you think I'm reverse-psychologying you, but can't argue against that.

Fact is, I contested his claim and lynched him. I should be a clear town. At the very least I am more trustworthy than most of us here, only less than the 2 spies maybe.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

lol, N3 was a joke.

Fuck I might actually claim.
Wait so you're still trolling me? With the Pirate claim?

Why do I even bother :notlikethis

Whatever this is a waste of time, I will await other people.
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
yea, I forgot that part about janitor death revealing, otherwise I would have obviously not said what I said :)))) and gotten off his back
Tbh GrySun comes across sus in some ways at times, so I get where you're coming from.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top