Games Mafia Game 96 - Civilization XCVI - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
If I'm right, when brandish die I'm confirmed not mafia, could still be third party, but third party won't be this vocal, so as town I benefit from taking this risk, not counting that it will also confirm asako more and incriminate another mafia, the gains are so good that I'm willing to take the risk of being wrong.

Also you don't know my role, I could have a role that allows me to be vocal.

Also I've never been night killed by mafia before (only once and it was late game and they didn't have a choice), so since they don't take me seriously I'm willing to be vocal to piss them off.

There is a lot of variables to be considered than just what you mentioned. But feel free to explore these ideas, I'm willing to discuss anything you want.
Interesting that you've never been killed at night by mafia except once? I find that very sus. I don't know if you're trying to prove a point, but being vocal and talking to rile others, are two different things. I'm not saying to not point fingers or express you're thoughts. But if you're going to do either, can you provide these hard facts? In any debate, there needs to be proof. Solid proof. I know in this case things are not always as they seem and it can be difficult to tell lies from truth. However, I find it interesting that regardless of your role, you seem to want to kill off Brandish/Imperium very badly. Do you feel threatened by them for some reason? Or is it you have actual, able to be known proof? Instead of trying to explain 'this is why' try 'this is how'. How are they being in such a sense that they deserve to die?

Roles all have their perks, but I'm just curious as to how far one will go to protect their own butt or fellow townie/mafia. A mafia could vote for their own to seem innocent, thus sabotaging the mafia in that sense but preserving themselves, or a townie could feel threatened by a opinion and vote kill someone on the mere feeling of being targeted. I only mention you as sus as you're so willing to give out advice and see what people are willing to say.

I try to act neutral in my opinions for the most part and only voice if I feel there is a legit reason for a kill vote. I know we have to kill the mafia, not to mention the third party can be a pain as well. Do I have a plan of action? No, it's to early to tell nor make a possibly critical choice. Show me someone else whose given such a bold statement and proclaims of judgement other than yourself, and I'll reconsider what you've said.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And this whole thing with Gry/kill Brandish is kind of lop sided. But that's just me.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
She has 6 posts this is number 5.

So it goes Hardy -> Deciding vote
I mean, I don't know what to say here because I thought it was obvious but the hardy vote was a joke. Of course the host isn't posting a lot and you can't votekill a host.

And the Sakura vote, I didn't believe it would kill her. I got back and voted her to create a tie and extend the day. So I could actually spend time reading what you all wrote. The game I understood extends if there is a tie, I didn't expect it to end and they roll a dice (?). Furthermore, I didn't particularly think too much about it who I put into the tie and just went with whoever was being pushed as I still had another vote and believed I could change it.

Btw I'm a dude.:blush
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I mean, I don't know what to say here because I thought it was obvious but the hardy vote was a joke. Of course the host isn't posting a lot and you can't votekill a host.

And the Sakura vote, I didn't believe it would kill her. I got back and voted her to create a tie and extend the day. So I could actually spend time reading what you all wrote. The game I understood extends if there is a tie, I didn't expect it to end and they roll a dice (?). Furthermore, I didn't particularly think too much about it who I put into the tie and just went with whoever was being pushed as I still had another vote and believed I could change it.

Btw I'm a dude.:blush
Hi bro,

First want to congratulate you on this answer, it well crafted I give you that.

But that is something you could have decided on with your team mates in the dead pad, so sorry for not just believing you.

For future games, your best move was do nothing.

If I understand correctly, you didn't do this for brandish but just to extend the time as you believed that rule still existed.

But the issue with this train of thoughts is your own post, where you say you don't like this train on brandish instead of mentioning the reason you are giving above.

Do you have any thoughts on brandish like is he your friend or something?

Also not believable because you had 24H to talk if you missed us, 5 posts.. want extra hour..

Your actions don't match your reasoning.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Interesting that you've never been killed at night by mafia except once? I find that very sus. I don't know if you're trying to prove a point, but being vocal and talking to rile others, are two different things. I'm not saying to not point fingers or express you're thoughts. But if you're going to do either, can you provide these hard facts? In any debate, there needs to be proof. Solid proof. I know in this case things are not always as they seem and it can be difficult to tell lies from truth. However, I find it interesting that regardless of your role, you seem to want to kill off Brandish/Imperium very badly. Do you feel threatened by them for some reason? Or is it you have actual, able to be known proof? Instead of trying to explain 'this is why' try 'this is how'. How are they being in such a sense that they deserve to die?

Roles all have their perks, but I'm just curious as to how far one will go to protect their own butt or fellow townie/mafia. A mafia could vote for their own to seem innocent, thus sabotaging the mafia in that sense but preserving themselves, or a townie could feel threatened by a opinion and vote kill someone on the mere feeling of being targeted. I only mention you as sus as you're so willing to give out advice and see what people are willing to say.

I try to act neutral in my opinions for the most part and only voice if I feel there is a legit reason for a kill vote. I know we have to kill the mafia, not to mention the third party can be a pain as well. Do I have a plan of action? No, it's to early to tell nor make a possibly critical choice. Show me someone else whose given such a bold statement and proclaims of judgement other than yourself, and I'll reconsider what you've said.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And this whole thing with Gry/kill Brandish is kind of lop sided. But that's just me.
Just because I talk a lot doesn't make me alone, look at the votes and keep looking at them as the day goes, that will tell you if I'm alone in thinking that brandish is our best bet or no.

Also you need to realise that this could also be seen as a trap, if I'm wrong mafia will use me to score an easy kill, in that sense see who does what not just me today.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
If you look, I do say I'll probably not be around, so I missed a lot of the later posts. Luckily I was able to get back home in time and spend some time reading but that didn't work out. I am not around 24hours and my time constraints are one of the reasons why I hesitate to usually play.

You are also misquoting me, at no point did I say I didn't like the train. I said the votes were a bit "insistent" on brandish. That's not statement of dislike. I simply used it as a justification for not votepilling on him at the time. I wanted to read and see if I could come up with my own deductions, but alas I didn't have the time.
In hindsight, I probably should not have followed a bandwagon started and pushed by lawl and used someone else to tie it. But that's my mistake.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
If you look, I do say I'll probably not be around, so I missed a lot of the later posts. Luckily I was able to get back home in time and spend some time reading but that didn't work out. I am not around 24hours and my time constraints are one of the reasons why I hesitate to usually play.

You are also misquoting me, at no point did I say I didn't like the train. I said the votes were a bit "insistent" on brandish. That's not statement of dislike. I simply used it as a justification for not votepilling on him at the time. I wanted to read and see if I could come up with my own deductions, but alas I didn't have the time.
In hindsight, I probably should not have followed a bandwagon started and pushed by lawl and used someone else to tie it. But that's my mistake.
It wierd that you feel the need to have an impactful vote D1, like you want to be the one to find the Mafia, but you said yourself: I don't know the rules and the people, any reason for that?

You could just vote anybody and let asako take the heat next day, you didn't have a reason to save brandish or kill sakura.

Any way this doesn't change how I feel about yesterday's event, so I won't push harder.

Fixed typo
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Rough night it seems.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'll catch up now.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I mean, I don't know what to say here because I thought it was obvious but the hardy vote was a joke. Of course the host isn't posting a lot and you can't votekill a host.

And the Sakura vote, I didn't believe it would kill her. I got back and voted her to create a tie and extend the day. So I could actually spend time reading what you all wrote. The game I understood extends if there is a tie, I didn't expect it to end and they roll a dice (?). Furthermore, I didn't particularly think too much about it who I put into the tie and just went with whoever was being pushed as I still had another vote and believed I could change it.

Btw I'm a dude.:blush
I don't believe tho that rule still existed when you joined imp, you still new to us and that rule been gone now for almost a year or so.
How could you confuse it with extension ?

Honestly i prefer going for imp today, to me he seems more fishy than brandish...

Votekill imperium
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I mean how did you know about the rule and why did you assume it was still applied, it's been gone for a while now.


I can understand an older timer as they used to it in the past but you're too new for it
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
But I did play in the past asako. I just haven't played recently. The last game was early in covid but I didn't last long. And before that was maybe somewhere around 2015?
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Ah nvm then
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
why did that group not do anything yday
I was asking myself just the same. Why didn't the Mason group moved their votes to help Sakura if they new she was innocent/green? Maybe there's a traitor between them? Dif continents would also block their communications last night anyway but still... We'll see
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
It seems the other continent is still sleeping, timezones issues probably.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Secondly, expand your mind other than typical behavior. What if the mafia/townies are acting in a way that are different than normal
I like this note right here. We are always with this thing about judging people based on previous game. Smart? Yes. Reliable? No. Will we always sus on DD for not being hysterical? On me for not being spammy? I think this only lead us to mislynches.

Instead we should focus os making questions. Pressuring. Mafia tend to lie, of course, more than town. Because they are fewer in numbers and want to storm the place from within. They know each other, we town doesn't. But as the game proceed and things come to light, there lies our advantage.

With all that said. Can we believe for now that there's no killing 3rd party? I know we should focus on the continent where death happened, but I'd like to see opinions on this possibility, or it's inexistence.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
What are other options for janitor?

I don't like how this day is going.

Can you all list 2 suspects today at least even if you don't vote yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top