Theory - Traitor theories | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Traitor theories

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Nice try, but no dice. Remember who tried to save Bakugou and Tokoyami back in the forest arc along with Deku and Todoroki?
I dont think its Shoji but I would argue that argument about how someone cant be a traitor because she\he helped someone is simply doesnt work anymore.

avietar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Nice try, but no dice. Remember who tried to save Bakugou and Tokoyami back in the forest arc along with Deku and Todoroki?
Yeah I don't think it's Shoji because I think others are more likely. But I had to think of it because he is one of the missing students from last chapter. Including other suspicious people like hagakure and aoyama...!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Then I suddenly thought: what if Shoji is (also) involved? Especially if there are multiple traitors.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Something just came to me!

What if the traitor is someone that the author said he wanted to feature in a future arc? Someone who has a heteromorph quirk, with a face that makes people scream, and who probably faced discrimination?

What if the traitor is Shoji?
Could be Shoji. Think he would be an odd choice, but I could see that working. He has a motivation for it.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I dont think its Shoji but I would argue that argument about how someone cant be a traitor because she\he helped someone is simply doesnt work anymore.
I would argue that argument also doesn’t make sense, but why in the world would a traitor do something detrimental to the league’s objectives and get in their way? Plus, Shouji is a guy lacking worldly desires and behaves much more like a monk. I don’t think it’s been shown that he even has a cell phone. How would AFO contact him? A telepath Quirk maybe, but overall it’s too much of a stretch.

Right now, the traitors can be narrowed down to 2 people, which is Hagakure and Aoyama with the former edging out.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Right now, the traitors can be narrowed down to 2 people, which is Hagakure and Aoyama with the former edging out.
Of course not. Its at least ten people.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's highly unlikely that the traitor is a student. We know this already because that was the whole point of the dorm rooms.

I quite liked the idea of Nezu being the traitor but that also has a few issues with it.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It's highly unlikely that the traitor is a student. We know this already because that was the whole point of the dorm rooms.
It was implied dorm system is goona help find traitor but we dont know if it got any real results. I dont think it proofs anything

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I quite liked the idea of Nezu being the traitor but that also has a few issues with it.
The thing is, the traitor hasn't acted since the training camp festival, before the dorm room system was set up.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was implied dorm system is goona help find traitor but we dont know if it got any real results. I dont think it proofs anything
Nezu cleared all the students sometime before the war started iirc, and said that he'd continue to look for anything suspicious in the future when the league take action again. The war has happened now and UA has doubled down on security and the like, student traitor just doesn't seem likely, especially since there's no truly suspicious students (other than Aoyama, but he's just a red herring).

But, now is the perfect time for whoever the traitor is to take action, so we'll see what happens.
The thing is, the traitor hasn't acted since the training camp festival, before the dorm room system was set up.
True tbh, the traitor is so inactive that it feels like one doesn't actually exist. It's rather annoying and is an awfully written plot point. No matter who it ends up being, I don't think I'll care. At least it could make one of the 'boring' background characters interesting to a degree.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
True tbh, the traitor is so inactive that it feels like one doesn't actually exist. It's rather annoying and is an awfully written plot point. No matter who it ends up being, I don't think I'll care. At least it could make one of the 'boring' background characters interesting to a degree.
Unless this is like some giga chad 50,000 iq play where AFO has just told them to lay low because he knew that a situation like this would eventually come around where he'd need them.

But yeah, I think its lots the opportunity to be impactful.

I'm still hoping it actually goes somewhere.

That would be a good way to flip the story in the villains favour for a bit.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Disagree. Overhaul clearly had a leak. Probably Shigaraki shared info.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Did he? What suggested that?
Look at the timeline of the morning of raid. He went to see old boss practically in few minutes prior it started.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That there will be raid to their base by heroes and police. And the time of the raid.
I'll have to go back and read sometime but I'm pretty sure that's just because Overhaul was also motoring the Hero's activity (since he knew they were motoring him for some time, that's also why he had all the underground tunnels).

And only a select few students knew about the Overhaul raid (Uraraka, Mirio, Tamaki, Nejire, Kirishima, Froppy and Deku). The big three can be ruled out entirely because they weren't even created back when the traitor became a thing. Which leaves Uraraka, Froppy and Kirishima, non of which I could see as the traitor.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Look at the timeline of the morning of raid. He went to see old boss practically in few minutes prior it started.
Yeah, but how does that suggest that there was a traitor? They could have just decided to attack early.

The idea of a mole is brought up, but also shot down.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yeah, but how does that suggest that there was a traitor? They could have just decided to attack early.
Because of the scene with Eri grandpa. You can just go to 138 chapter and see how it was shown. Indeed Overhaul was expecting attack sooner or latter that why they were so well prepared. But that scene showed that he knew practically exact time which is impossible without a leak.
The idea of a mole is brought up, but also shot down.
As readers we were shown a bit more about that.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Because of the scene with Eri grandpa. You can just go to 138 chapter and see how it was shown. Indeed Overhaul was expecting attack sooner or latter that why they were so well prepared. But that scene showed that he knew practically exact time which is impossible without a leak.
Yeah, but if you read literally the next chapter, its pretty clear that it was just coincidence.
As readers we were shown a bit more about that.
Yeah, and as readers, we know it wasn't a mole.

This is confirmed in Chisaki's talks to his number 2

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
This is confirmed in Chisaki's talks to his number 2
Again. Chisaki knew they would come someday. But know that someday it would happen and know exact date isnt the same. He went to see old boss between 08:00 and 08:30. At 08:30 raid started. No way this is coincidence.