What I understood, The rules say that for N2, all night actions are limited to neighboring continent, Asako and Sam both are from the same continent, so they must have targeted players from the other continent. So I guess no.
In the rules it says Janitor can choose to not use his ability, but I don't see what they could gain from doing that.
Probably Sam blocked Asako N1.
That would mean sir sam and the janitor are in the same team.
Janitor didn't move probably to dodge spies, so he felt they was a high chance he will be checked today maybe.
I guess if spies get no activity on somebody that could help find the janitor?
I know for sure Asako wasn't poisoned D1 as I'm the bodyguard (very bad at his job but still here to try and save lifes).
With 1 blocker gone, I don't think now it is worth it for mafia to block me for the rest of the game so reveal time.
Asako was a good target if not for us looking for the janitor in her continent, maybe D1 they used both a detective and a block on her?
This is the only way I can justify going for her.
If the mafia chose not to kill with their janitor last night, then I suspect that means it was one of the players who were significantly suspected on D2. I think checking to see where Sam was leaning and notably questioning in his posts, but Brandish and Imperium seem to be the most suspect looking now....
Another possibility, the janitor didn't kill because they wanted to go for a World Leadership civic besides the very top, necro, or bottom one, vigilante...
Speaking of... If someone were really going for the coast to get to necromancer, then that player would have no choice but to also invest all civics on that path. N2 should have been Health Townie for such a player and yet I or someone else was able to successfully sickly Brandish last night.
This means either Brandish didn't research a night, secretly changed his path selection after posting that he was going for necro, or he did as I suspected he might and lied about what he wanted to do with the mechanics.
If the mafia chose not to kill with their janitor last night, then I suspect that means it was one of the players who were significantly suspected on D2. I think checking to see where Sam was leaning and notably questioning in his posts, but Brandish and Imperium seem to be the most suspect looking now....
Another possibility, the janitor didn't kill because they wanted to go for a World Leadership civic besides the very top, necro, or bottom one, vigilante...
Speaking of... If someone were really going for the coast to get to necromancer, then that player would have no choice but to also invest all civics on that path. N2 should have been Health Townie for such a player and yet I or someone else was able to successfully sickly Brandish last night.
This means either Brandish didn't research a night, secretly changed his path selection after posting that he was going for necro, or he did as I suspected he might and lied about what he wanted to do with the mechanics.
Another possibility, the janitor didn't kill because they wanted to go for a World Leadership civic besides the very top, necro, or bottom one, vigilante...
To elaborate, all of the final civics besides nerco and Vigilante are accessible via sickly, the strongest of the night 2 civic options and so a player with no desire to kill would be more likely to both research and use sickly. However, some lying about health townie can get caught via a sickly action as Brandish looks to have been, a person can't fake getting NVD on the bottom path, and a person that gets the sickly role can only prove it by giving up their action, perhaps even their janitor kill, to act like they don't have an ability stronger than sickly.
No chance because of the second mechanic, Asako and Samuel were on the same continent and thus couldn't have targeted each other. There might be two mafia or mafia and third party.
Welp... I take it I did not successfully sickly Brandish then.
That changes things a bit then. Either I was blocked by Sam or someone else which is unlikely and/or Brandish is telling the truth and did in fact research the healthy townie civic.
Worth noting though it doesn't get Brandish off the hook for possibly being the janitor.
Minor Violations are "small rules violations", which do not result in a hostkill instantly, but are sanctioned with Penalty Votes first. For the first Minor Violation you get 1 Penalty Vote, for the second you get 3 Penalty Votes and the third gets you hostkilled. Three Minor Violations of any kind are a Major Violation and will lead to a hostkill.
To elaborate, all of the final civics besides nerco and Vigilante are accessible via sickly, the strongest of the night 2 civic options and so a player with no desire to kill would be more likely to both research and use sickly. However, some lying about health townie can get caught via a sickly action as Brandish looks to have been, a person can't fake getting NVD on the bottom path, and a person that gets the sickly role can only prove it by giving up their action, perhaps even their janitor kill, to act like they don't have an ability stronger than sickly.