Games Mafia Game 96 - Civilization XCVI - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
okay, uncooperative. gotcha
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,909
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Currently at work, so can only be here during the breaks. Long day is long.

If you guys are hesitant about Imps claim, but want to go for him: I don’t mind locking last. That’s better than potentially losing a good role.
But lets see what this days brings in terms of lynching candidates :3

Also @Seraph why are you so quiet this game😭. Is everything alright? I miss your main character powers
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
Votelock Imperium.
By doing this, you're only making me and everyone else want to vote you more...

Can you explain who are your suspects and why?

Edit: "who" -> "who are"
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Seraph I hope you are in good health and no IRL issues you can't solve.

We have 11 Players left.
3 of them cannot vote so that 8 players.
3 penalty votes on seraph.

Well if we are gonna not lynch seraph, which we probably shouldn't as I don't see mafia man getting 3 penalty votes, that would practically counts as throwing and with the new rules that a ban.

That means who ever we vote, we need 5 out of the 8 to kill lynch them.
Who ever we lynch today will probably vote seraph at the last second, that means 4 votes on him, so we need 5 to be safe.
I don't think another mafia would join in voting seraph as that is a death sentence.
 

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
I'm back and caught up. See we have a bunch of reveals. Is anyone (or would anyone) keep a list?

@Slaynoir why were you suspecting Shad that much when you got innocent on him? Also, any particular reason you went for those targets?
I naturally tend to lean towards people with bias that are the most vocal and/or straight forward sounding, so I just felt it sus. I wanted to make sure he was actually innocent after not being lynched/killed and now that I know he's innocent, I'm backing off but working with him. I don't take anything personally, tbh. I could be rage debating but then happy talk at the same time with some one else. I'm kind of weird in that sense, with my indifference in how things play out (I mainly care that we as a town win, so there is that). I'll have to be more careful seeing as anyone could literally turn on me like a rabid dog and then go on a bandwagon to lynch me, so there is that to consider.

(and I might add, I'm terrible at remembering things like you guys have been saying I 'slipped up'. I'm not really good at being under pressure as this is my first game, if you might recall)

Shad: Wanted to see if I was right and prove a point. Seeing as I was wrong, I'm more cooperative with him now. Pretty simple.

Gajeel: He was nice to me, so I wanted to see if that 'niceness' was with malicious intent or actual intention of doing good. The game is being about paranoid right? It's good practice to challenge feelings of trust/distrust.

What I'm really annoyed about though, is why Digital Dude votes, changes, then goes back to Brandish for every day now. I may have to look into him as my feelings of irritation and sus about his actions are climbing to a peak. I feel like he has a passive role, doesn't know what to do, and going for the most obvious appearing target so to appear as if he's just following everyone else's pace. If I'm wrong and he's innocent, well, I'm a ded person I suppose. But, I may end up dead anyways by some means yet today or in the night.

His actions don't sit well with me. I can't tell figure that out other than a hunch and a feeling of growing animosity.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
There is James too, with the current situation I think he should reveal too, His role is passive is what he said.
Well, what can I say it is. I don't think I need to reveal today since I gonna use my badassery tomorrow to clean my home continent up a bit, if successful. And if I fail you guys will see my role tomorrow anyway.

One thing of note was Imperium basically claiming bomb? He said voting last on him would be a bad idea. That's a pretty standard Mafia move to deter people.

For the people good at analyzing roles in certain games, does bomb make sense for this set up? @James Rye @Gajeel
As if. We got so many kill roles with the tech tree and potential two killing parties, a bomb would be too strong in this setting as it would overwhelm town's defense.

Shad claimed bodyguard, Imp Marmalade and james rye claimed passive(bit strange isnt it) and brandish is claiming nothing as usual.
Sooner or later Shad will die as BG, they always do. I might die tomorrow if my shooting fails. Imp, Brand and Marm are the real niffy passive claimers to me.
 

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
I should also add I know one ones behaviors like the veteran players <_> So what is obvious to you isn't to me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

*Don't know anyone's
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Slaynoir @SirSamuel016 was very nice to you as well, but he was just a gold digging w*** trying to take advantage of you!

Do you communicate often your questions about your role and interaction to the hosts?
I saw your likes in the rules / guides threads so I know you checked those.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

PS: don't copy conversation you had with hosts, it illegal.
 

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
I mainly mark them (and if I really feel clueless or unsure yes I speak to them) and bookmark them to re-read. I forget things and have to go over things several times for them to sink in. I understand some things while am totally perplexed of others as to their use.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I mainly mark them (and if I really feel clueless or unsure yes I speak to them) and bookmark them to re-read. I forget things and have to go over things several times for them to sink in. I understand some things while am totally perplexed of others as to their use.
I still don't know how sicky works, some roles are just so dumb, can't allocate space in my brain for how they work and how to use them, you will get it more as you play with more roles.

As a newbie, you won't be killed at night, until end game and you won't be lynched in the first 3 days at least.
You had the best role since Detective likes to stay hidden until end game.

You can still try to check your sanity tonight, hopefully there is another detective and you are the useless one, in that case your result tomorrow may help the other detective confirm he is the real deal.

If you are the only detective, you are probably the useful one, so your result are still good if town get their hand on the necromancer.

Don't stress, don't give up, don't let shit get to your head.
That stress you get, it will take few games but you will get over it, no matter what you did, there is always somebody screwing up more than you (brandish in this case xD) and everyday the situation changes, so even if you miss lynch don't stress, as the next day something may happen that will make people forget about you for the next 3 days.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm going for restless spirit as that my only option.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
Are we keeping track on who is going what path?

Well, what can I say it is. I don't think I need to reveal today since I gonna use my badassery tomorrow to clean my home continent up a bit, if successful. And if I fail you guys will see my role tomorrow anyway.



As if. We got so many kill roles with the tech tree and potential two killing parties, a bomb would be too strong in this setting as it would overwhelm town's defense.



Sooner or later Shad will die as BG, they always do. I might die tomorrow if my shooting fails. Imp, Brand and Marm are the real niffy passive claimers to me.
Badass James, can't wait :awe
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@James Rye maybe it better to shot a target designated by police officer, if they survive you confirm DD.
Better than taking a chance on somebody unprotected. Cause if you succeed 50% you still need to have guessed right.

You can negotiate a target with DD today, somebody you don't trust that much, that way if DD is lying you still kill shot at somebody you want to shoot at! (I know you are doing this for the memes, I don't think town will win this game so have fun :D)
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well, votekill Brandish
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Slaynoir you can use hider tonight right?
So I don't need to protect you!

@digitaldude really if tomorrow the detective dies in the Day that will be on you!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh you can't use Hider and detective at the same time...
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@James Rye maybe it better to shot a target designated by police officer, if they survive you confirm DD.
Better than taking a chance on somebody unprotected. Cause if you succeed 50% you still need to have guessed right.

You can negotiate a target with DD today, somebody you don't trust that much, that way if DD is lying you still kill shot at somebody you want to shoot at! (I know you are doing this for the memes, I don't think town will win this game so have fun :D)
So basically I risk my life to prove DD who claims a role designed to counter the Mafia Assassin who has yet to show their face. Well, it's not like DD will have that many to chose from once either brand or imp die, so it should be obvious to him who he protects.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
So basically I risk my life to prove DD who claims a role designed to counter the Mafia Assassin who has yet to show their face. Well, it's not like DD will have that many to chose from once either brand or imp die, so it should be obvious to him who he protects.
With so many possible cowboys, 3 days protections is not crazy even without assassin.
This could be how Police Officer is being tested this game, can he prove himself using his role? Yes if another townie has a Day kill ability.

You risk your life the moment you use Cowboy that 50% guaranteed death.
DD will claim to have protected 3 players tomorrow, he will probably pick Daws, slay (and claim that what if I wasn't bodyguard or what if shad got blocked) and 1 more to make you hesitate at shooting at them, forcing you to shoot at somebody unprotected and dodging your 50% chance to expose/confirm him.

This is all assuming you won't die tonight since 3rd party is in your continent and he is scared of you picking him? Or not if they want to take the 50% gamble.

You can negotiate with DD 1 protection of your choosing, if you are right, they will kill you tonight.
If they kill tonight that means you were either right on your picked target, or DD's team is trying to get rid of you before you expose DD, or it a DD frame, anything is possible if you die tonight but it still good info for town tomorrow.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
With so many possible cowboys, 3 days protections is not crazy even without assassin.
This could be how Police Officer is being tested this game, can he prove himself using his role? Yes if another townie has a Day kill ability.

You risk your life the moment you use Cowboy that 50% guaranteed death.
DD will claim to have protected 3 players tomorrow, he will probably pick Daws, slay (and claim that what if I wasn't bodyguard or what if shad got blocked) and 1 more to make you hesitate at shooting at them, forcing you to shoot at somebody unprotected and dodging your 50% chance to expose/confirm him.

This is all assuming you won't die tonight since 3rd party is in your continent and he is scared of you picking him? Or not if they want to take the 50% gamble.

You can negotiate with DD 1 protection of your choosing, if you are right, they will kill you tonight.
If they kill tonight that means you were either right on your picked target, or DD's team is trying to get rid of you before you expose DD, or it a DD frame, anything is possible if you die tonight but it still good info for town tomorrow.
If he can protect me from shooting myself, I am in for this plan.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Because this way BC and PO have a nice synergy of BC not having the risk of dying with the PO losing one of his protection.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,673
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
If he can protect me from shooting myself, I am in for this plan.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Because this way BC and PO have a nice synergy of BC not having the risk of dying with the PO losing one of his protection.
That does sound like a plan but so I can trust you whats your role?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
If he can protect me from shooting myself, I am in for this plan.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Because this way BC and PO have a nice synergy of BC not having the risk of dying with the PO losing one of his protection.
Baddass cowboy death counts as suicide, so I don't think he can protect you.
But it is not specified in the interaction thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top