Games Mafia Game 96 - Civilization XCVI - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
For those picking Imp over Brandish, what is the reason?
Tbh I hate the bomb play. That's why I was asking if the bomb makes sense in this set up. Mafia use this tactic all the time. Bomb and Detective to make town pause. With Brandish I think he'd make more of an effort to claim something, even the role from Gry, if he was Janitor. He put more effort into his avenger claim last time I played with him and he was recruited Mafia than he's doing now. To be fair to him he did try to defend himself last day. If he claimed bomb I'd have voted him.

They could both be Mafia and if Imperium gets lynched and doesn't flip Janitor no way Brandish escapes tomorrow anyway.
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
Getting a lot of quotes and tags it seems

I can switch anytime, but it been so long I forgot why I'm going for Impreium over Brandish anymore >.<
I think @SonOfDaws suggested that?

Brain fried from arguing so much today.
But this doesn't make much sense? I like this post without properly digesting it apparently. If Imp is a scum and Brandish is not, there would be zero motivation for Imp to "save" Brandish. If they're not teammates, then Imp would've simply let them die. I mean, let's think about this:

Imp as town-tied votes to "buy time to catchup". Sloppy yes, but not an impossibility. They also mentioned Sakura's flip would be amusing. It is not entirely different Lawl. I'm not in anyway justifying this move, but it isn't exactly an impossibility. In this case, Brandish's flip is irrelevant because Imp would be town and so wouldn't know (unless they're traitor I guess)

Imp as mafia- tied votes to save Brandish. In which case, Brandish would be a mafia role worth saving. And if you suspect Imp because of this, then obviously Brandish has to be mafia. Imp as mafia would have no reason to save Brandish or pick one townie over the other.

My argument is more along the lines of, if Imp is scum, Brandish is scum too (for those heavily suspecting Imp). My gripe with Brandish is even less about this and more about the fact that he has escaped lynch twice. 3rd day and he explicitly refused to cooperate in anyway that would help us get any closer to figuring things out. There is literally no reason to keep him around, and certainly not worth picking Imp over Brandish *IF* you suspect Imp saved Brandish on D1
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Well atleast that is one claim among the two. Brandish so far has given us nothing to work on, and afaik, even the suspicion of Imp lying about their role ties in to apparently saving Brandish D1.
I don't have time to read through all that atm, but if the gist is that *you disagree with my reasoning and think we should all go for Brandish instead then that's still a good lynch in my book. Both Brandish and Imperium have been earning themselves a lynch for days now.

So, just to be sure before locking, you guys think we should all switch and lock Brandish, correct?

Edit: "you" not "one"
Really starting to feel your pain on mobile, Shad...
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Tbh I hate the bomb play. That's why I was asking if the bomb makes sense in this set up. Mafia use this tactic all the time. Bomb and Detective to make town pause. With Brandish I think he'd make more of an effort to claim something, even the role from Gry, if he was Janitor. He put more effort into his avenger claim last time I played with him and he was recruited Mafia than he's doing now. To be fair to him he did try to defend himself last day. If he claimed bomb I'd have voted him.

They could both be Mafia and if Imperium gets lynched and doesn't flip Janitor no way Brandish escapes tomorrow anyway.
I'm pretty sure Brandish hasn't particularly done or said anything to defend himself. If anything he was arguing for Imp and Lawl...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So, just to be sure before locking, you guys think we should all switch and lock Brandish, correct?
I think so, I suppose some others do too. i'm not comfortable with Brandish cruising on suspicion for this many days. Imp's bomb claim is cliche and sketchy, but at least it is something to work with
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Tbh I hate the bomb play. That's why I was asking if the bomb makes sense in this set up. Mafia use this tactic all the time. Bomb and Detective to make town pause. With Brandish I think he'd make more of an effort to claim something, even the role from Gry, if he was Janitor. He put more effort into his avenger claim last time I played with him and he was recruited Mafia than he's doing now. To be fair to him he did try to defend himself last day. If he claimed bomb I'd have voted him.

They could both be Mafia and if Imperium gets lynched and doesn't flip Janitor no way Brandish escapes tomorrow anyway.
Yes, he did try a bit, also he didn't claim because it wouldn't matter anyway as Janitor can just claim Gry role.
I hate bomb too, that probably why I like the imp lynch more.

Also I don't like switching my votes.
If brandish is janitor, it doesn't matter as if imp dies mafia he will probably die tomorrow, either by lynch or by cowboy and the roles will be revealed.
Also I don't like switching my vote last second.

~
Btw today I protected Dawson.
I will give my reason since I won't go for him today.

Reasons is simple: This mafia is targetting good players, and it was between Holt and Daws in the other continent, Holt is usually inactive so I assumed they won't go for him and will prefer daws.
Also protected daws not because I trust him, but so that if he is not killed I will know about it for sure, which will make him more suspecious since it doesn't make sense for mafia to be scared of Gry but not him.

2 kills in our continent means that mafia saw Asako as a threat more than Daws.
Only explanation is that they investigated and blocked N1.

Meaning there is still a detective in the left continent.

A second explanation is Daws is also mafia and that why Asako was the next target of this Pro player homicidal pandemic!
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I swear if Slay hadn't claimed det, this votelock would be sooooo sus...

Btw all holt is saying is that we should kill the guy with the important role first, he is not saying you are being framed I think.



I'm too tired to be sure, but I disagree as in this case, Imperium voted to save brandish when he had 3 votes while everybody has 2.
But quoting this for others to read and give their opinion on what this means and to let us know if brandish makes more sense.



At least deny the mentee accusation?

People please go back and read the conversation where he is trying to get us to believe that he is doing it for the memes.
This dude is mentee and is trying to look like trolling so that if he survives the dual and he kills a mafia, he get a pass for the rest of the game!

No shame.
Lol, why should I deny something so obviously wrong? XD
Just chill and wait till tomorrow you'll get to know my role one way or the other.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Also, prior to me really pushing this, Imp was easily far ahead in votes. All things considered, I don't think there would be such a large consensus if they were really scum (see Lawl from yesterday). It's much easier for mafia to push a townie lynch when they're heavily suspected. There should be more pushback if Imp is scum imo. Especially considering they weren't clear lynch favorites or sole suspect
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Lol, why should I deny something so obviously wrong? XD
Just chill and wait till tomorrow you'll get to know my role one way or the other.
Oh I see, let you kill at night everyday until you die of old age!
The truth will be revealed then xD

That how this game works.
Yeah you are supposed to deny accusations, otherwise why are we here wasting our time.

~
Also claiming going cowboy is indirectly scaring people from accusing james.
Since he can shoot you if you talk to him.

Don't let him get on his high horse tomorrow with his little gun, he is not even that good as a cowboy! (50% to kill himself)
But mentor doesn't care, he can recruit again!
 

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
19 minutes!!!
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'm pretty sure Brandish hasn't particularly done or said anything to defend himself. If anything he was arguing for Imp and Lawl...
This is the post that stood out to me. It could be a good act and one way or the other we will find out.

 

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
Either Imp or Brandish is gonna bite it. Whose gonna be the deciding factor here?
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Mason Recruiter should recruit a passive claim such as Marmalade or Heaven. If you're feeling it and you have a mason in your group, go for Imperium if he doesn't get lynched.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Also, prior to me really pushing this, Imp was easily far ahead in votes. All things considered, I don't think there would be such a large consensus if they were really scum (see Lawl from yesterday). It's much easier for mafia to push a townie lynch when they're heavily suspected. There should be more pushback if Imp is scum imo. Especially considering they weren't clear lynch favorites or sole suspect
Exactly, there would be at least a little pushback. Especially seeing as it's not exactly the most compelling logic. The only one helping me is you.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
This is the post that stood out to me. It could be a good act and one way or the other we will find out.

I agree with you Bel.
Not that I believe him.

But I don't want to give him the satisfaction of diying town, so that he can go around feeling good about himself no being coorperative.
Let him live, go for imp, if imp is mafia we go for him.

If we lynch him and he is town, he is gonna be very happy!
Also never claim bomb when I'm in a game xD
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
This is the post that stood out to me. It could be a good act and one way or the other we will find out.

Hmm, interesting angle. In that same post though, he did say he believed Laurasia was light in terms of roles and even listed the important roles seemingly not in laurasia. If his role isn't a top one like that, he should have had no issues revealing. Just feels like stalling to get a better feel of the roles to safe claim something. For someone that was clearly a big suspect, I'll take his reluctance to claim as more indication of guilt
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Exactly, there would be at least a little pushback. Especially seeing as it's not exactly the most compelling logic. The only one helping me is you.
Well technically, I'm condemning Brandish not helping you
I agree with you Bel.
Not that I believe him.

But I don't want to give him the satisfaction of diying town, so that he can go around feeling good about himself no being coorperative.
Let him live, go for imp, if imp is mafia we go for him.

If we lynch him and he is town, he is gonna be very happy!
Also never claim bomb when I'm in a game xD
I'd rather he die an uncooperative townie instead. Proabably won't change much about him but he definitely shouldn't feel it's okay to not cooperate and stay alive imo
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
It’s not a new gamestyle for Brandish Holt. It’s annoying, but he already did this as a town, and more than once I believe.
 

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
14 minutes until result!
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
It’s not a new gamestyle for Brandish Holt. It’s annoying, but he already did this as a town, and more than once I believe.
Yeah it a real possibility, we cannot discard that he is a town trying to be a victime.
I think letting him live is more punishing than lynching him.

14 minutes until result!
until depression*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top