I should have gone to Shiratorizawa. | Page 50 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I should have gone to Shiratorizawa.

Tippy toes

• Slap mosquitoes

• Touch da nose

• I'd like a pause

Results are only viewable after voting.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
You probably can imagine how it is. It's almost exactly the same. They have learned nothing.

It's just bad writing, bad plotting, tons of exposition where they explain things that don't need to be explained. No attempt at all to explain the things that actually need to be explained. Batshit stupid character decisions. The better you know Inuyasha the worse it is by contrast. It is exactly the same.
I have been re-reading Inuyasha and also the one-shot that Takahashi made some years ago (did you read that one? o:)

Doing this re-reading to remember the good parts of Inuyasha, there are some short arcs that Takahashi made but the anime never adaptated, shame because it showed what a good writer she used to be is. Also I'm a bit surprised you don't really like Koga, he was the typical rival for comedy purposes but grew to a more mature and independent character (at least to me).
Hey revo, I read vol 1 Tsurezure Children... when I wasn't laughing I was omg'ing at the kawaii. This manga heals the soul.
Oh my, finally. ❤

What is also great is the big amount of couples in the series, the more you read the more are introduced, you can pick whichever you want.
There are a lot of ships I like there, but Gouda and Kamine are without a doubt my OTP (not gonna say anything else so I don't spoil anything for you).

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yes it's only been like two years... lol

And good to know. I'll compare ships once finished, probably read a volume a day to keep the doctor away :nod

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been re-reading Inuyasha and also the one-shot that Takahashi made some years ago (did you read that one? o:)

Doing this re-reading to remember the good parts of Inuyasha, there are some short arcs that Takahashi made but the anime never adaptated, shame because it showed what a good writer she used to be is. Also I'm a bit surprised you don't really like Koga, he was the typical rival for comedy purposes but grew to a more mature and independent character (at least to me).
Oh lordy, Revs I have this mental image of you reading Inuyasha in the same way a granddaughter might watch home movies of her grandparent who is in the final stages of alzheimer's. A gentle smile with tears in your eyes. :emocat

I didn't read the one-shot. What was it about?

About Koga. He's fine. The anime of which we shall not speak notwithstanding he's just a character that sort of went nowhere. I get that he was thrown in there to get a reaction from Inuyasha to display his building feelings for Kagome. Doggy vs wolfy and all that. But, I don't know, it just seemed half hearted to me. Like he was just there to do that one thing.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
And good to know. I'll compare ships once finished, probably read a volume a day to keep the doctor away :nod
It's a mountain of sugar and comfy of very short chapters, I can't blame you, let me know which guys and girls are making it into your sweethearts list. <_>

Though be prepared for some drama as well.
Oh lordy, Revs I have this mental image of you reading Inuyasha in the same way a granddaughter might watch home movies of her grandparent who is in the final stages of alzheimer's. A gentle smile with tears in your eyes. :emocat

I didn't read the one-shot. What was it about?

About Koga. He's fine. The anime of which we shall not speak notwithstanding he's just a character that sort of went nowhere. I get that he was thrown in there to get a reaction from Inuyasha to display his building feelings for Kagome. Doggy vs wolfy and all that. But, I don't know, it just seemed half hearted to me. Like he was just there to do that one thing.
:Haha

In some long years I will read Inuyasha to you, changing the horrible details into good ones, so you have a better memory of it.

Can 100% get you in your feelings about Koga, that's why I always feel that his anime version is kinda of a shame, in the manga he gets serious scenes with both Kagome and the rest of the characters, where he has other focus instead of provoking a jealous scene for Inuyasha x Kagome (he gets betters interactions with her, outside of Inuyasha and his comedy-like crush).

And this extra chapter manga was later adapted into the first episode of Yashahime -but try not to hate on this one-shot. It was posted years ago before the idea of a sequel came out, it was just supposed to show what was their life six months after the original's manga finale, give it a quick check if you feel like to ^^

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, that chapter is perfectly fine. As you may recall my first impression of the anime that must-not- be-named was positive. It felt like Inuyasha... at first. Guess now I know why. It wasn't until after that the story fell off a cliff into the lap of whatever hack writer is in charge.

I know I sound I bitter, because I am, but in a way I'm also happy for Takahashi as a person because with sequels I always remember what John Carpenter supposedly once said about all the bad sequels to his movies.

"When they make a sequel to one of my movies, I open my hand and a check falls into it."

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's a mountain of sugar and comfy of very short chapters, I can't blame you, let me know which guys and girls are making it into your sweethearts list. _

Though be prepared for some drama as well.
After vol 2 my top 5 is -
  1. Chiaki x Kana
  2. Sugawara x Takano
  3. Goda x Kamine
  4. Maa-kun x Ryoko
  5. Jun x Yuki (x Hotaru)
Rank 0 = Katori-senpai.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
"When they make a sequel to one of my movies, I open my hand and a check falls into it."
I had no idea of this :lmao
But it's a good summary for why so many awful sequels exist in general.

I know I sound I bitter, because I am, but in a way I'm also happy for Takahashi as a person because with sequels I always remember what John Carpenter supposedly once said about all the bad sequels to his movies.
It's sad because I do value Takahashi as a writer, I always admired how good she is at doing both silly comedy stories and also deep/dark ones, and all of them
orbiting around the 'ghosts and demons' theme (that's kinda her thing). And even if she did not truly or fully wrote this Inuyasha sequel, she letting it happen and giving permission to some plots to be canon it's already consider to not being a good writer.

(Check Kishimoto and Naruto: The Last existing).

Speaking of sequels (but good ones this time), will you be checking Kimetsu's new arc adaptation, Jamms? And I think I never asked you if you watched the movie.
After vol 2 my top 5 is -
  1. Chiaki x Kana
  2. Sugawara x Takano
  3. Goda x Kamine
  4. Maa-kun x Ryoko
  5. Jun x Yuki (x Hotaru)
Rank 0 = Katori-senpai.
A good list so far, and at such early volume. :nod

Ryoko is such a babe, and Maa-kun is always fun to see, I'm glad you're liking Goda x Kamine as well. :blush
I have other ships I love a bit more, but you haven't seen them yet, gonna wait until you catch up.

Also Katori-senpai is the most legendary character from the series. A 10/10.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
A good list so far, and at such early volume. :nod

Ryoko is such a babe, and Maa-kun is always fun to see, I'm glad you're liking Goda x Kamine as well. :blush
I have other ships I love a bit more, but you haven't seen them yet, gonna wait until you catch up.

Also Katori-senpai is the most legendary character from the series. A 10/10.
Characters like Maa-kun and Yuki-chan troll their partners a bit and I enjoy that. Chiaki and Kana take the chocolates so far, that scene where they nearly did it (despite not doing anything prior!) is one of the funniest in manga imo. Goda x Kamine is adorable, I was a fan based on Goda's permanent scowl alone lol.

And yes! Katori is of the Ichiya (FT) mould. Him smiling despite being bloodied/beaten up :lmao

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England

I dunno what people are eating and drinking lately, but dayum I gotta get some of it as well. Maybe with some good chunk of it on a sunny day, I might also give it a score of 10/10 with the series only having like 3 episodes approx atm. That seems like a reasonable ranking.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I had no idea of this :lmao
But it's a good summary for why so many awful sequels exist in general.

It's sad because I do value Takahashi as a writer, I always admired how good she is at doing both silly comedy stories and also deep/dark ones, and all of them
orbiting around the 'ghosts and demons' theme (that's kinda her thing). And even if she did not truly or fully wrote this Inuyasha sequel, she letting it happen and giving permission to some plots to be canon it's already consider to not being a good writer.

(Check Kishimoto and Naruto: The Last existing).
Inuyasha will always be special to me. It just had the perfect blend of romance, adventure, drama, and comedy with that mystical fantastical setting. My introduction to it was because the dub of it used to come on Cartoon Network at like midnight every single week night. It played like that for years and watching that became something I looked forward to all day. I didn't really experience the manga and the japanese VA version until much later on.

That's one of the reasons every single person hates Monica Stori's Kagome dub but me. I love it and I make no apologies for that.

Takahashi. I think her accomplishment as being one of the few shounen authors to deliver on a long form manga stands. What was good about Inuyasha is still good. But I'd be lying if I said Yashahime didn't make me think and talk about the series differently than I would have before. I think I'd feel better about it if she was upfront about her actual level of involvement with the show because it's so aggressively incompetent. It's one of those cases where it's either the most cynical of cash grabs or it's just pure incompetence. Is she letting a check fall into her hand or was she actually involved? Or both, ala Boruto?

Speaking of sequels (but good ones this time), will you be checking Kimetsu's new arc adaptation, Jamms? And I think I never asked you if you watched the movie.
I haven't. Considering how great the anime was I'm sure it's terrific. UFOtable knows what they're doing.

To be honest though, with Kimetsu, I don't really feel a desire to revist it after the end of the manga. You know my thoughts on that. It's not something I'm upset with. It's just something I'm not sure I want to reexperience. If that makes sense?

I dunno what people are eating and drinking lately, but dayum I gotta get some of it as well. Maybe with some good chunk of it on a sunny day, I might also give it a score of 10/10 with the series only having like 3 episodes approx atm. That seems like a reasonable ranking.
I think some people just don't pay attention Magi. If you don't think, then Yashahime could be a seven or an eight. Characters look cool. Action stuff happens occasionally. But for those of us that take in and then process the information a story conveys... that extra step is the deal breaker.

I would direct your attention to Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith on IMDB.

Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Characters like Maa-kun and Yuki-chan troll their partners a bit and I enjoy that.
No wonder the readers started to name Maa-kun the "tsundere dominator" in the manga comments, he's the perfect teaser and same with Yuki, Takagi-san would be proud.
. Chiaki and Kana take the chocolates so far, that scene where they nearly did it (despite not doing anything prior!) is one of the funniest in manga imo.
The anime adaptation of the series made that scene even funnier :Haha these two are the most chill couple in all the manga, also the second funniest.
Goda x Kamine is adorable, I was a fan based on Goda's permanent scowl alone lol.
Goda gave me some Zoro vibes on how dense and serious he is, though not as prideful lol but he reminds me a lot of Ayumu-kun, the MC of the manga from same author of Takagi-san. Kamine is a babe.
And yes! Katori is of the Ichiya (FT) mould. Him smiling despite being bloodied/beaten up :lmao
He's the most OP character in this series, no competition, he will be giving you a lot of plot twists later :lmao

Is the a ship you're not particulary fond of?
Inuyasha will always be special to me. It just had the perfect blend of romance, adventure, drama, and comedy with that mystical fantastical setting. My introduction to it was because the dub of it used to come on Cartoon Network at like midnight every single week night. It played like that for years and watching that became something I looked forward to all day. I didn't really experience the manga and the japanese VA version until much later on.

That's one of the reasons every single person hates Monica Stori's Kagome dub but me. I love it and I make no apologies for that.
Something I particulary always loved of Inuyasha was the world-building. Even more because Takahashi didn't create one from zero, it was the Sengoku period, which she still managed to make it remain as realistic and dark as it was in Japan's periods, and still adding her own fantasy elements that were also classics from japanese mythology. I alwys felt that she made one of the best and first Isekais series, mixing it perfectly.

Really Takahashi... what happened to you :emocat

And hahaha I remember the people here hating Kagome's spanish dub (which also her name here was translated as "Aome"), but I liked it a lot, so much that her voice in original japanese was hard to adapt to, even though I find it pretty too. The only spanish dub I never tolerated was Ash from Pokemon, he was one of the main reasons I never got into the Pokemon franchise tbh '-'

Btw it has been recently that I found out that both Usopp and Inuyasha (alongside Ranma and Shinichi Kudo) share the same voice actor, that thing blew my mind for real (and in my defense to take a long while to notice it's that I'm a slowhead and also I can't really stand One Piece's anime adaptation).
Takahashi. I think her accomplishment as being one of the few shounen authors to deliver on a long form manga stands. What was good about Inuyasha is still good. But I'd be lying if I said Yashahime didn't make me think and talk about the series differently than I would have before. I think I'd feel better about it if she was upfront about her actual level of involvement with the show because it's so aggressively incompetent. It's one of those cases where it's either the most cynical of cash grabs or it's just pure incompetence. Is she letting a check fall into her hand or was she actually involved? Or both, ala Boruto?
I argue that her latest manga works are good too, though her themes are always repetitive -since Inuyasha, she has never left the whole 'japanese tales demons' and the same type of antagonists and magic-types have been around, both for comedy mangas and even her dark ones (like MAO). Before Inuyasha, all her series were pretty different from each other, but even so, the current ones are good too, especially the comedy ones.

Hence why I still can't get her choices on Yashahime, like, she actually tries to be a decent writer in other works lmao.

I have been trying to erase Boruto's existence from my mind, but a friend fan of Naruto keeps talking to me about it non-stop...
I haven't. Considering how great the anime was I'm sure it's terrific. UFOtable knows what they're doing.

To be honest though, with Kimetsu, I don't really feel a desire to revist it after the end of the manga. You know my thoughts on that. It's not something I'm upset with. It's just something I'm not sure I want to reexperience. If that makes sense?
I imagined that was the case :sweatdrop hence I wondered if you checked at least some scenes.

The only thing I can say in favor for you to try it, it's that this new saga is one of the best, if not the best, that the author wrote for the series, and it's really far away from the ending. But alas, I can't lie to you and defend that final arc writing.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
And hahaha I remember the people here hating Kagome's spanish dub (which also her name here was translated as "Aome"), but I liked it a lot, so much that her voice in original japanese was hard to adapt to, even though I find it pretty too. The only spanish dub I never tolerated was Ash from Pokemon, he was one of the main reasons I never got into the Pokemon franchise tbh '-'

Btw it has been recently that I found out that both Usopp and Inuyasha (alongside Ranma and Shinichi Kudo) share the same voice actor, that thing blew my mind for real (and in my defense to take a long while to notice it's that I'm a slowhead and also I can't really stand One Piece's anime adaptation).
Huh, I didn't know that. Some pretty impressive range there!

I argue that her latest manga works are good too, though her themes are always repetitive -since Inuyasha, she has never left the whole 'japanese tales demons' and the same type of antagonists and magic-types have been around, both for comedy mangas and even her dark ones (like MAO). Before Inuyasha, all her series were pretty different from each other, but even so, the current ones are good too, especially the comedy ones.

Hence why I still can't get her choices on Yashahime, like, she actually tries to be a decent writer in other works lmao.
That's something I grapple with too but I have come to feel pretty certain that she didn't write any part of Yashahime. Pretty sure that's purely a marketing BS thing.

Mainly because you look at the ANN page for Yashahime and they've got pretty in depth credits for who did what. And Rumiko Takahashi is listed exactly 2 places. Series creator. And main character design. That is it. Other people wrote these scripts at least half of whom come from a background of Naruto filler. Which, if this was an adaptation of a manga, wouldn't mean much but Yashahime is anime original.

I have been trying to erase Boruto's existence from my mind, but a friend fan of Naruto keeps talking to me about it non-stop...
Naruto is like a wound that never heals. I've long ago accepted that I'll never be over it. The part of me that loved Naruto will never move past that land of disappointment. It just had to learn to live there.

I imagined that was the case :sweatdrop hence I wondered if you checked at least some scenes.

The only thing I can say in favor for you to try it, it's that this new saga is one of the best, if not the best, that the author wrote for the series, and it's really far away from the ending. But alas, I can't lie to you and defend that final arc writing.
It is the best arc and I'm sure it's awesome but, yeah, I just can't get into it.

To be honest, it's not even a writing quality thing. If a series doesn't either have climactic moments I really like or an uplifting arc to it's plot. I'm probably not going to want to go back to it. If I'm going to go through a series like that a second time I guess I want something more uplifting.

It's not as vehiment as my feelings on like Mass Effect or Naruto. Where there is a sense of hurt there. It's more like the Last of Us. I enjoyed my time with it but that time is done and I never want to go back.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The anime adaptation of the series made that scene even funnier :Haha
I'll probably watch this after some time has past when finished the manga. I am up to vol 6.

Is the a ship you're not particulary fond of?
The astronomy senpai's are kinda meh.
Kanda x Takase are very boring to me compared to the other couples.
Patricia x Keisuke were alright at the beginning, they don't do anything for me atm. Patricia is good otherwise.
Yamane x Kurihara is cute but would like to see Yamane break from his inhibitions. Motoyama is gold tho.
Soma x Saejima and Sonobe x Nashimoto are probs my least favourites.

I really like the new couples, the rap duo, and the no-smile duo. Top 5.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And done. Very very entertaining manga all-round as a rom-com.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I know you haven't read the VN, but I got reminded of the fact that this track played during a certain event

(listen until 2:30 minutes in at least :p)

Now while listening to this, think of one scene

"Hey. In your 1986, did your brother Battler come home?"

Reminds me how much I loved when the witches went all out and despair kicked in :XD

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Are you doing well @revo ? I'll try to summon you with this news: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-gets-new-1-shot-for-10th-anniversary/.182804

It's not much but really looking forward to that :zomg
Hello there nii~ :hug

I have been kinda busy, started logging in here again some days ago hahaha but overall pretty good. How about you?
And wow! :zomg Furudate has been mainly just giving some few extras, which were nice, but this is another level. I hope we get to see a Hinata and Kageyama even more grown up than in the final chapter. Thanks for letting me know ❤

• Hug
Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello there nii~ :hug

I have been kinda busy, started logging in here again some days ago hahaha but overall pretty good. How about you?
And wow! :zomg Furudate has been mainly just giving some few extras, which were nice, but this is another level. I hope we get to see a Hinata and Kageyama even more grown up than in the final chapter. Thanks for letting me know ❤
Heyho :hug

Sounds like my timing's pretty good haha :XD sorry for the late answer here though :(
I'm pretty good too, got less work on my hands now since basically yesterday, so now I can spend my free time more freely xD Going to watch the new Batman movie with Sky today, so I'm sure there's a fun weekend ahead :3 Glad to hear you're doing fine as well

And ofc <3 can't wait for that chapter haha. I think there's 2 or 3 announcements left for the 10 year anniversary (time sure flies), so fingers crossed they'll also announce a new anime season.

Karasuno vs Nekoma is gonna be good~

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Sounds like my timing's pretty good haha :XD sorry for the late answer here though :(
It's nothing compared on how much I always take to reply in general so, don't worry at all Nii :Haha
I'm pretty good too, got less work on my hands now since basically yesterday, so now I can spend my free time more freely xD Going to watch the new Batman movie with Sky today, so I'm sure there's a fun weekend ahead :3 Glad to hear you're doing fine as well
Oooh that sounds cute and fun! And how was the movie for you two? :zomg I have been considering going to check it on the cinema too.

Haven't gone to the movies since... before the covid started (last movie I watched was IT part II, iirc), and with a friend we're planning to go watch the Jujutsu movie. It's rare for anime movies to be around here, and we tried to watch both the BnHa and the Kimetsu one but both got cancelled because of the pandemic :emocat (so let's see if this one makes it).

Also I'm very glad you're more relaxed, and well, keep using well that free time!
And ofc <3 can't wait for that chapter haha. I think there's 2 or 3 announcements left for the 10 year anniversary (time sure flies), so fingers crossed they'll also announce a new anime season.
Furudate has a lot of material for new extras really, considering the large cast and the new teams and different jobs around.
Also yes! That match in the manga had the best art in my opinion, in terms of how many creative metaphors were used. Kenma vs Hinata let's go"

• Hug
Reactions: Nii

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine