Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Not rly, that's an assumption. We have other ways to try to narrow down the illusion thing than tunneling protections hoping the thunder will hit the same place twice while having 0 input on that for us to work with later. I still think that the said benefit doesn't beat the hindrance and that that saying was a bit weird, but just voicing my opinion for now.
The analogy doesn‘t fit as the thunder would be 2 times the same mafia killing the person. Multiple teams killing a guy is much more likely than a Doctor randomly move from person to person and not wasting the role on someone dead already.

It‘s an analysis not an assumption. And also only for as long as their target is town in their eyes and we don‘t have better roles out to protect. But I said my mind on the matter, rest is up to the protectors.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I might be an illusion now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

votekill marmalade

remember that illusion votes dont count and mafia know this.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Not being pedantic. Just don't see a party trying a second time in this circumstances and think that the comment based on possible other parties trying the same target in different nights has too many clauses and missing info for it to make it worth telling people they should only protect one person. So it came out as malicious to me and that's what I felt like worth mentioning.
For the record, you believe a 31-player game does not have 3+ different killing groups, maybe more?

Say after N1 4 are Illusions. As a Doc you can go for a 100% protect on your N1 target, or for a lower than 100% success chance on the remaining players. It‘s straightforward probabilities.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
yea yea, lulu most spammy member. did i not mention i was working on a deadline for today? I did. I posted my list later and then went back to work. I can't be bothered to try and argue when i don't even have an imp role. Stop trying to put this method of thinking on me, you don't know what i think and how i think, you can't possibly know how i'd react considering I've been in a few long ass month depression and kept having mental breakdowns, which i have mentioned many times not only in the mg. I'm not in that dark place anymore, I mentioned I wanted to redeem myself for past behavior and want to show you ppl it's not who i actually am. The fact that you're pushing my buttons with your interpretation of my thought process only makes me extremely sus of you.

So with that.

There I'm triggered:

!Votekill Hardy
That's how the game works though. You are supposed to dissect what people say and interpret it, then push buttons. Sorry I didn't launch the day 2 bot and actually played the game?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
If they always get you lynched when you're town then it's because of you givin up and not fighting back. Find a way around it. But that's all I have to say for now because I don't want people suspecting me for trying to raise your spirit.
And if your role won't affect the game why was it added then? That makes no sense. All roles are useful.
I HAVE FOUGHT BACK!!! I'VE BEEN CALLED TOXIC SO MANY TIMES! I'VE BEEN SCOLDED FOR WEEKS ON END! I'M TIRED OF THAT TREATMENT OKAY.

I mean it won't imbalance if I die.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Im detective got guilty on marmalade.
First Umineko game had like 4 detectives with a bunch of troll sanities, this working out and Marm being mafia is highly optimistic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hm. But if illusions don't count as townies, where's the benefit?

Trying to think what's the best approach considering the death council (or wtv) too. Let's say you are town and doc perma heals you "cause gry". Then the council kills you "cause gry"?
Then council sucks and we lose. Benefit is in mafia kills shattering illusions(of other mafia teams than the initial killer), rather than our strong roles shattering illusions. In a sense, Illusions can tank/block kills and we should make use of that probability.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Voting results inconsistencies.
I don‘t follow, how do votes and hints correlate?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
That's how the game works though. You are supposed to dissect what people say and interpret it, then push buttons. Sorry I didn't launch the day 2 bot and actually played the game?
there's nothing wrong with interpreting, you interpret, i give my reasons explaining why it's not what you think and then you go "yea no sorry but it's the way i say it" basically.
But have at it. I said all i had to say.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Council sucks(2). Believe me it benefits mafia a lot and copan rng sucks too because it's totally rigged.
In the Saint Seiya I was imploring to leave to DC because it was a pain watching mafia pick whatever sign they wanted and me not being able to do anything about it. Don't count on it as something that could change the tides because reality is harsh.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
DD got guilty on marmelade. DD why would you say that so early? you need to test your sanity first!
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
BEATRICE IS GUILTY
Lol, night 1 investigation reveal. Never saw that before. :D But I might be down to take the chances with Marmalade, if she refuses to claim. Still a 50:50 though in any case.

nope, for now that's all, later, maybe. my hint is by no way worse than most of others ones. I can just say mechanisms dont help with my role.
A detecivte just claimed, give better hints now Erin.

You still didn‘t say why you dislike the protector thing, if that‘s what you mean with what Gry said.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That said neither did Demon. Where‘s you people‘s conviction in what you say?
Makes no sense to me. I see more benefits if the Doctors switch targets and in the process pop some illusions. Who is not to say they would protect a mafia this whole time and render the role completely useless and remove any chance to decrease the player pool.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The fuck DD?



Did you just really reveal det D2 when u don't even know your sanity
Complete bruh moment. Maybe the illusion mechanic made dd himself insane.
Good thing now that he claimed det mafia will tunnel actions on him to prevent him from findin something.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah because it was the end of the day and I turned the bot off.
So then we go back to the initial
there's nothing wrong with interpreting, you interpret, i give my reasons explaining why it's not what you think and then you go "yea no sorry but it's the way i say it" basically.
But have at it. I said all i had to say.
But if that‘s all it took then nobody could ever cast a vote. Anything can be given explanations for, doesn‘t mean your explanation will be believed by everyone, or anyone.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
For the record, you believe a 31-player game does not have 3+ different killing groups, maybe more?
Yeah, and belief is the word for it indeed. I mentioned y'day why, will be back on it later cause I'm in the market now and iNet sucks in here.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Makes no sense to me. I see more benefits if the Doctors switch targets and in the process pop some illusions. Who is not to say they would protect a mafia this whole time and render the role completely useless and remove any chance to decrease the player pool.
But mafia kills should ideally be used to pop illusions not strong roles like doctor. No way do the other 2-3 teams never kill the same person as another team thus wasting their kill and shattering an Illusion.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Also evil, you said ealry we gotta claim early with this mechanic but honestly, I don't get it ?


What's the difference between between previous game and now, honestly form how i see it, it's more beneficial to be vaque about your hint, the fact that mafia know who illusion but don't know their role makes it harder for them to claim as there more roles running around and more easily slip up and claim a role that someone else have, even an illusion, they couldn't know that they had it unless the have a janitor then thats a different talk


Anyways, I don't see why you pushing for people that already gave hints when it's day 2, it's like you collecting infos for who to kill and which role is good
I don't see what's good right now hinting more can grant us in day 2 when there role like det instead get them at more risk of dying before they reach number of days they need to be of use.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
Hello.

I wasn't aware that voting was mandatory (my fault for not paying sufficient diligence to the rules I guess).

I'll place a random vote for now and update it later if I catch up/am able to form a solid read:

Vote Lynch: Vandred.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
there's nothing wrong with interpreting, you interpret, i give my reasons explaining why it's not what you think and then you go "yea no sorry but it's the way i say it" basically.
But have at it. I said all i had to say.
I still don't get it.

If you believed a real bomb was dying, why not say anything? My issue is your selfish way of thinking, you only ever mention yourself. I said you kept quiet hoping someone would die over you. How have you countered that argument? If you were legit not caring about dying you would had clearly acknowledged this so someone with a good role didn't die in your place.

Btw you joined a stressing game when you had no time, to then stress yourself?
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The more I think the more I see how the gimmick in protecting the same person isn't a bad idea at all.
This make me thing that both Farf and Gry are right. Thunder not striking the same place twice is a possibility yes because of how mafia could fuck town or the other teams by making everyone an illusion and leaving them thinkin they are still able to use their roles creating a scenario of consecutive failing and a growth on the suspection rate. But you can prevent this by protecting the same person more than once. I'm confused.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top