The witch shall praise the wise and bestow four treasures. One shall be all the gold from the Golden Land. One shall be the resurrection of all the dead souls. One shall be the resurrection of the love that was lost. One shall be to put the witch to sleep for all time.
Lol, night 1 investigation reveal. Never saw that before. But I might be down to take the chances with Marmalade, if she refuses to claim. Still a 50:50 though in any case.
It's illogical if you choose to ignore the logic yes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
My problem was that you didn't acknowledge the bomb chance, but you seemed disgruntled by the possibility of dying. That looks like you didn't want to say it out loud so some idiot voted Sam last over you. Despite you saying today that you were ok dying (though now you are saying something else?) because your role is "unimportant".
I don't get you at all, didn't you win the last game? And now you go with D2 detective reveal as the play?
Here is my 2 cents, it seems that detective being considered an overused role is the new meta since last game, either host will put a lot of detectives this game or none. DD claiming detective is like he is saying don't target me with night actions as I may shatter, either trolling if town or that mafia role that needs 2 kills to come online.
A little correction here: I did give a hint on day 1. Which was that my role active btw.
Also really @digitaldude ^^' couldn't you at least wait one night to try to confirm your sanity? Getting me lynched kills two townies lol. You and me. It feels like you are basically throwing your own role away like this.
I'm not against revealing if you guys want, I just would have liked to not be out in the bare open so early on tbh - to be actually be somewhat useful in this game.
How is, say 2 or 3 other killers targetting 1 player in the next nights, more luck-dependent of a scenario than protectors not wasting their roles on all the illusions that will be among us in just a few phases?
Odd that only I see it, curious how many of the ones I argued on this with were arguing in good faith, will try to remember for postgame.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But the uncertainty is still there. Whether doc is on same person or changes constantly, mafia do not know the person thus anyone they target could be either 100% doc protected or an illusion. They will deal with more uncertainty than ever before..
How to put this- I see the merit in your suggestion, but it's also ignoring the disadvantage. That being- protectors tying down themselves to one person, thus pretty much negating their use. Part of being a protector is anticipating a kill and saving someone. Your suggestion not only forces them to lazily restrict themselves, but they also pretty much make themselves redundant? And although I didn't mean for roles to go around intentionally popping illusions, I also see benefit in illusions going regardless. Because it's just much more overhead that even the said player is unsure of.
Tl;DR- protectors might as well just do their shit. I doubt even by D3/D4 there would be a solid enough reason for a protector to stick to one person cos they're sure said person is town.
Yeah, Asako mentioned it already, but I'm just really busy right now. I'm actually heading to work rn and I can't have my phone out there.
Hard to keep up, but one thing to note, I think the Hardy-Van conflict is of note. However, I think both are players that are fairly ambiguous until they get press on them. In which case, each's willingness to give in will be of particular note. Giving up quicker means one thing and staying in the fight longer means another.
Entirely possible both are innocent though. Regardless, I targeted one of the two last night.
yea I don't see why these guys wanna shatter the illusion, honestly I see it as benefit as people still playing so we know more input especially for people that are analyse time
from how I see it mafia will be the one that could wanna shatter those so they gone and their input plus so they don't come back
Can list a few reasons- illusions would largely keep us in the dark with regards to who is alive or dead and potential number of scum too. Keep in mind illusions are dead people, so scum would potentially be getting closer to their win con with us largely unaware. With such a large game, there's a high chance for mafia to manipulate lynches considering they have a fair idea of who might be an illusion already. I get Gry's point of illusions tanking kills (cos multiple scum parties), however, I feel like town ultimately is at an info disadvantage with regards to this. And yeah, there's deadpad restoring (or killing) illusions (forgot about that earlier)
I still have a bit of work to do, will be back in a few hours with a recap.
Unfortunately, I still don't get all the mathematics behind the killing parties and so on, still need to go over the rules and roles again.
But from what I read until now the illusion mechanic is pretty chaotic even for the older players °
I still have a bit of work to do, will be back in a few hours with a recap.
Unfortunately, I still don't get all the mathematics behind the killing parties and so on, still need to go over the rules and roles again.
But from what I read until now the illusion mechanic is pretty chaotic even for the older players °
Another hint on my role: unless I missed something, I couldn't find info on it on the rules page but it seems to have a similar function to another role mentioned on there. It's not as important as my previous role. I already hinted yesterday it's a night role.
i'm trying to understand dd's claim but i can't.
here is how i see it, he's either :
1. Mafia, trying to get protection(s) on him while they kill someone else. If we Lynch marma based on his claim and she ends up being townie he’ll say oh well maybe I’m not sane after all
2.Townie doing idk what. Trying to lure mafia into killing him? I don’t think that would work cuz what detective claims on day2 without confirming their sanity. If it’s sus to townies it’s sus to Mafia as well, so they wouldn't fall for that.
is there something i'm missing. is there a valid reason for a townie detective to claim this early? would like to know the veterans opinion on this
The way I see it we either rate everyone on their contributiveness or the lack of, or by their behaviour (voting pattern day 1 and 2). As latter being not a huge sorce of information right now, as there wasn't anything conclusive as of now and will not be for quite some time, a clear rejection to contribute is a big red flag in my books.
Shall she not claim while having a detective gun on the head I will consider placing my vote there.
Another hint on my role: unless I missed something, I couldn't find info on it on the rules page but it seems to have a similar function to another role mentioned on there. It's not as important as my previous role. I already hinted yesterday it's a night role.