Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,653
Gender
Female
Country
China
Last edited:

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
That a shortcut, it like me saying that if marm is not scum that means you are (argument that evil tried to scare me with when I challenged him), my argument is against DD and evil, DD is barely saying anything and answers questions only when pressed and evil is the one trying to lead the masses based on his trust in DD.

So my question is, not considering what marm is, what do you think of DD/Evil arguments? The plan that we can confirm DD sanity and that will be great and all? (My opinion on this I shared already).
Evil's argument is almost flawless, and the flaws are not worth mentioning. Not sure if I've missed them, to be frank, but still. Regardless of what affiliation DD is, "verifying" Marm must be done sooner or later, and wasting the actions of other Dets in order to check on someone who's a viable lynching candidate even without Det results feels counter-productive at this point. But as I said, I don't necessarily think that someone who were to suggest this course of action is non-town.


As for DD, I see very little that can be gained by pulling a Det claim on D2 as scum in this game, even if he's a rival Mafia Det or the like. There's only one reasonable play I can see in this case, which would be a low-usefulness mafia role (like a vanilla Mafia Member) learning via code from their Mafia Det that Marmy's scum and deciding it's a valuable move even if they end up perma-blocked by a rival Escort or killed with a chance of getting trusted enough to be revived - but I believe I don't have to point out how far-fetched that sounds.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Evil's argument is almost flawless, and the flaws are not worth mentioning. Not sure if I've missed them, to be frank, but still. Regardless of what affiliation DD is, "verifying" Marm must be done sooner or later, and wasting the actions of other Dets in order to check on someone who's a viable lynching candidate even without Det results feels counter-productive at this point. But as I said, I don't necessarily think that someone who were to suggest this course of action is non-town.
Why though?

Like, pretend his result was Innocent, which overall has the same probability if we think purely about sanities and the same probability of being "right". Would we be having this conversation? Just because the wording is different?
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
No, again, wdym. It was the end of day where unfortunately anything happens so I was never going to just absolutely fuck around there. Looking back, a single extra locked on me possibly meant death so really hard to see it as just some votes.

And why vote for you and not just let Sam die? What was my low hanging fruit gain?
You just answered your own question... You can't say you were worried that one more vote could mean game over for you, and say right after that you had nothing to gain in pushing someone else up the lynch list.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
In the scenario of scum dd, he can only gain anything from this if he found out Marmalade's true role and is trying to gain trust from it (which happened in Magi). The odds of that happening again (and him playing the same) are slim to say the least.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
This game is very wierd, half of the players don't care that a det claimed D2 because DD is crazy.

And the plan is to just go with it, because DD would never do something crazy.

I'm really wondering if I'm not the crazy one here.
Well I will sleep on it.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
You just answered your own question... You can't say you were worried that one more vote could mean game over for you, and say right after that you had nothing to gain in pushing someone else up the lynch list.
The number of votes I needed to die didn't change though?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This game is very wierd, half of the players don't care that a det claimed D2 because DD is crazy.

And the plan is to just go with it, because DD would never do something crazy.

I'm really wondering if I'm not the crazy one here.
Well I will sleep on it.
There's precedents, it's not just "lol he's random".
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I’m trying so hard to catch up here but it seems like half the posts repeat themselves and then I have to figure out if I’m reading the same post twice or if GrySun just said the same thing a few post ago
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,194
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
crescent and marms with no answer... kinda sad
im fading away... good night. i ll have some time on my way to work. will vote then.


Hey Fosh, i read we started playing in your birthday



My gift:
Votekill Farfalla

for this post alone you deserve to get lynched.... this had to be said
also happy belated bday Farfalla
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,899
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Getting sleepy, so about to go to bed.
Should be back in a few hours

Let us know what you think of the situation once you’ve caught up Cres ^^
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The number of votes I needed to die didn't change though?
That's the main issue I have with this line of defense, it's like you're trying to defend that play from all angles. You started this back and forth saying you were worried people would vote you and felt like you were one step away from death, then you say your vote did nothing to save yourself. So were you trying to stay alive or weren't you?


Why though?

Like, pretend his result was Innocent, which overall has the same probability if we think purely about sanities and the same probability of being "right". Would we be having this conversation? Just because the wording is different?
Innocent or Guilty is entirely irrelevant to me without a second result. Problem is, we're likely never getting it. If Marmy had a more convincing defense it would be a different story. But I suppose the matter of her results is still up in the air, and I believe that's the only thing that could make me change my mind at the moment.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,240
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Suggestion desu

Shouldn't we utilize the penalty vote?

'Cause a penalty vote is a guaranteed - real vote that would be counted.

We could probably detect illusion votes when it's paired with penalty votes as long as we split the votes strategically.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Gry already stated before he has no romantic interest in me, if he was my lover he would had at least thrown me a bone for the sake of our relationship.
You two can go die a miserable slow death.

*drunk backreading*
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

JOKES ON YOU FOR MOCKING JUVS WITH PORTUGAL JOKES YOU LEWRNED IN HERE WHILE SHE'S THE ONE RUNNING AWAY WITH GRY IN MGS
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Maybe once Farf is dead(ingame)~
'-'
@Copy Panda how can we turn a host kill into some RL stuff, asking for s friend
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,240
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I'd !votekill SonofDaws

Currently most inactive among the three that got penalty votes.

And I wanna try my penalty vote strat.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
@Vandred it's not only the fact going lynching marma just cuz DD result is dumb but honestly to me i see marma as townie cuz she playing the same way as she played as doc, at least i can kinda read marma meanwhile there other people like tatsu and mazino etc... That i kinda forever distrust and they usually don't give much infos even later.
The thing is when they do this usually they live long especially as mafia with not much effort as early days we focus on those that talk
I just feel like leaving marma is good for us especially now that she claimed spy and damn that really hard to claim even if paranoid as they give no result when it happens, it's very easy to mess up claim as mafia.


Anyways i really think pushing for marma lynch today is bad idea, and probably form how i see it is just killing off a townie






Anyways back to the thing that i want talk about
Sakura is BP ????
Lmao definitely right.... Definitely....

That's definitely how you play BP sakura
I was waiting lynched cuz I'm BP
Argh
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
You shared your hint on D1, I assume that you have a day role ?
Not a good assumption and I don't see the correlation I still love you if you're scum or not
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And then imagine Farfy is Threesome and it all gets awkward
I'm not threesome, I don't share~ that's an extra warning u.u
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top