Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,758
Gender
Female
Country
China
Last edited:

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
So yesterday as part of reread of some people I came to assume that Heaven was hinting at Doctor.

We have many players and of course we also have many teams. That's obvious. Do this mean we have a lot of protective roles too? I think so, which means our first night probably won't be that hard to deal with. I think the hosts are just preventing killing sprees that are bound to happen - those are my cents.

About my role, all I have to say for now is that I always complain about the same thing and this time around it won't be any different - maybe a little bit spicier? Dunno.
...
I was checkin some old game that had a player count almost as big/high as this one and they had 3 killing parties under 29 players. Division was 5(s) - 4(s) - 4(s) - 16(t). Guess there's no way this one will be diff.
Just a late reply to Hardy's question.
In my Doctor game I tried to hint using a similar tactic, talk about my role in the context of mechanic in the third person.

I gave so many hints already, specially on my hint oriented post, yet on the recap I'm just EH as Hideyoshi. :crying
I already did! Okay I really did but not explicitly.
Oh my, but some of my posts are filled with hints. :mono Still I get what you mean.
If you try to reeread heaven to figure out the hints he says he is leaving behind, you only find posts of him saying he left a lot of hints, it very hard to actually find the hints themselves, so I felt safe to assume those posts I quoted are the Hints he is talking about.

This situation raise the levels of anxiety... Whoever developed this mechanic is a cruel and evil mastermind.

How have you guys been? Anyone willing to share anything about this past night? Given my hints I tell you guys in advance I got nothing. A mere spectator.
A night role that is just a spectator? This means not an investigative role, Doctor tho fits the description perfectly.

The more I think the more I see how the gimmick in protecting the same person isn't a bad idea at all.
This make me thing that both Farf and Gry are right. Thunder not striking the same place twice is a possibility yes because of how mafia could fuck town or the other teams by making everyone an illusion and leaving them thinkin they are still able to use their roles creating a scenario of consecutive failing and a growth on the suspection rate. But you can prevent this by protecting the same person more than once. I'm confused.
Another post where he discusses Doctor and the mechanic.

To no sucess at all but I did a lot of trash talk in the MHA academia gamae when I discovered I was BP. All that trying to bait actions to me. From that game I learned that that's what a bp should do and then reveal during the mid game so the hider could use him as a shield so this way they could both stay alive - bar a strongman being around - and try to hunt down the scum.
But I'm not the most experienced player nor will I tell other people how to play. It's just that when you said unimportant I thought vanilla.
I quoted this post to show that EH does put a lot of thought in how to play his role.

I wans't able to protect you this time around, Lambu. But I hope you and your partners had a good time as masons and were able to something with it unlike me last time.
First thing today, he claims doctor, I was really upset since I did reread him that same night and was angry we just got another dumb reveal.

Is that your reveal ?
I wouldn't be so naive, tatsutatsu.
This sounds to me like somebody who realized he fucked up so he is trying to back pedal, didn't push further even tho it obvious to anybody reading, but still gotta not put the spotlight on him since he is not the kind of player that will be targeted early game by scum so there is a high chance he is our only functional protection role and we really need it with so many important roles in the open.

I wasn't able to come back last night and change my vote when marm was got in her lies, backreadin the thread a few people were willing to lynch me today because of my wording. This will be used against me, not what I just said. It was a reference to my first game when I died as a BG protecting Lambu.
Who is trying to lynch Heaven these past 4 days?
Please if you had him as your top 3 lynch options raise your hand.

If anyone is willing to share, are there any day protecting roles in this game?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sorry for the boldness in asking this.
This post I just felt like he was still back pedaling since the fuck up.

At least let me get killed then. Being lynched won't allow me to come back, you bastards! y_y
I think you have 0 votes in D2/D3 didn't check but to make sure, but I remember clearly that at any moment you were the topic of discussion of the day.

No one is voting for you?
Nope, but there are people thinkin about lynching me. I'm totally against this.
He means that Evil mentioned him once since the beginning of the game, when he listed the people that looked like were trying to defend Marm.

In that case.
I wasn't able to use my action n1 (last min shit happened), but used it n2 on james and got guilty. Guess I'm either insane or paranoid then. <_>
Placeholder vote is too advanced of a technique?
So what are you revealing for exactly?
We all know james has a day killing role, he said that D1, we are just waiting to have a clear target like today, for him to shoot.

Once again I was fooled into think I have a good role. 🤡
Did you confirm your sanity to say you don't have a good role?
Did you check the other claimed Detective if they are lying before assuming they are really 4 detectives and hosts are trolling?

I wanted to wait for one more night before i reveal but with james being prosecutor and me gettin a guilty result on him, I couldn't allow you to blindly follow the other 3 det claims and results.


How does that relate to your hint
Not even close. In no way at all. I faked all my hints because I didn't wanted to die.
This is what triggered me, after all that Doctor hint / reveal, he turns out Detective that forgot to use his night action.

Please investigate him ASAP.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,688
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Please my mind is already numb from all the reading. What is this?



Idg, is there a detective for secondaries now ?
Yes, called psychiatrist
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lord, Shadie...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Oh but tbh you did dig some good posts there
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Also, not sure if I trust Erin or not but it is upsetting that she said yesterday that she's an important role but didn't even fully reveal it. The only thing that did was get the attention of scum, who obviously either killed or blocked. However, considering priorities, I assume she was just blocked. Det would get result before a kill going through, so even if she got killed (illusion), she should still have something (also, that's an upside to this mechanic). This is ofc assuming she didn't get killed N1 (but that'd be weird).

Next- DD checked Haya? Why? Guilty result would align with the insane perspective. Considering Haya had already revealed before he gave his results, there isn't much to say regarding this. If he was mafia det and targeted someone else, he could have still use that to his advantage. Although, I can see merit in M.Det withholding on confirming more town (so it'd make sense to just go with the person already revealed). Ultimately, I'm still wary of DD but nothing much to be done there. Still want to know the reason for checking Haya tho.

Next- Faust also det. not much to go with this, but at least he provided 2 results. Demon earlier said his hint fits detective so that's something? Not much of a read on Demon himself, but willing to believe Faust for now.

Still catching up, will get to Jinx/Hardy when I'm done
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
Haya and Misha are most likely Town. Asako as well I guess because of Evil, find it a bit convenient but still. Holt also feels Town to me.

I don't like how popular Haya seemed to have been last night. Haya's apparent popularity last night bugs me.

Yes there were four Dets in the previous Umineko game but it's still hard for me to believe it. I think I believe EH the most, as weird as it is to miss a night I think it would be crazy to reveal you are Det after everyone and saying something like this.

I distrust Erin's claim the most. Although Faust's hint was pretty straightforward IMO he didn't claim to have been blocked, maybe because he is less active and popular than Erin?

DD targeting Haya and Jinx claiming the same almost makes me think that they were planning to get her lynched today but she was saved because she posted earlier. Maybe he is Mafia Det and they sacrificed Marm so that he could be trusted long term?

Gry's first hint made me think he was something like BP or PGO at first since he often dies early, and maybe that's why he was on Sakura's case but he said that he could die later.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well I said I'm a Super Mason, don't think PGO SM would work lmao. I'm BG, yeah. Protected Evil in N1 and Lambu in N2 (sad).
Hmm, assuming this- when the Asako/Evil thing happened, why didn't you comment on this? Evil prior to revealing that the hosts forgot to pm him assumed he was an illusion. That would mean he could have been killed N1, which is when you were guarding him. Even if he had been targeted, you would know that he should be alive (and you an illusion) all things being equal?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,688
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Also, not sure if I trust Erin or not but it is upsetting that she said yesterday that she's an important role but didn't even fully reveal it. The only thing that did was get the attention of scum, who obviously either killed or blocked. However, considering priorities, I assume she was just blocked. Det would get result before a kill going through, so even if she got killed (illusion), she should still have something (also, that's an upside to this mechanic). This is ofc assuming she didn't get killed N1 (but that'd be weird).

Next- DD checked Haya? Why? Guilty result would align with the insane perspective. Considering Haya had already revealed before he gave his results, there isn't much to say regarding this. If he was mafia det and targeted someone else, he could have still use that to his advantage. Although, I can see merit in M.Det withholding on confirming more town (so it'd make sense to just go with the person already revealed). Ultimately, I'm still wary of DD but nothing much to be done there. Still want to know the reason for checking Haya tho.

Next- Faust also det. not much to go with this, but at least he provided 2 results. Demon earlier said his hint fits detective so that's something? Not much of a read on Demon himself, but willing to believe Faust for now.

Still catching up, will get to Jinx/Hardy when I'm done
You'll have more regarding dets before you're done c.c
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hmm, assuming this- when the Asako/Evil thing happened, why didn't you comment on this? Evil prior to revealing that the hosts forgot to pm him assumed he was an illusion. That would mean he could have been killed N1, which is when you were guarding him. Even if he had been targeted, you would know that he should be alive (and you an illusion) all things being equal?
I answered to that alrdy, I woke up and had many pages to read. By the time I was done reading and checking stuff, he had his PM alrdy. And tbh, idk if I had said anything if he hadn't gotten a PM unless I felt people were making the wrong decision. I don't have to fill in the blanks and blow my cover if no heavy outcome will come from this.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Arrived here 2 hours after. Wow
Dude I read 20 pages when I'm my lunch break and my brain was gonna explode, my advice is take it easy as today lynch seems already decided on, catch up at your own pace but keep following since this thread get more posts than a Nigerian prince gets inheritance issues and needs my bank account information.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
On break now. From a quick pagecatch.....

I honestly dont get why you're so upset about me wondering if I'm alive or not, it's a normal concern in a game where you don't know when/if you re dead since you become an illusion, especially when you tend to die at early stages of games as me, you make it sound as if it's something weird. I expressed that concern not only about me but about how we are in the dark not knowing who died and how many parties there are in the game.
I'm not upset about it, I was curious. There's nothing wrong with wondering if you're alive or not. It's the way you phrased it, like you can't properly participate during the day phase if you're an illusion. That's why I wanted you to clarify what you meant by that specifically. It was a strange way to phrase it imo. Plus you said you could already be dead, but you got a result from that night. Would you have gotten one if you were successfully illusioned and the no result thing would kick in the following night, which ironically you got nothing last night? This is a genuine question btw. In a normal game i think you're still given your results then a deadpad link the night you're killed...


But anyway 4 Detectives in the game is a mirror of the previous Umineko game, so one is most likely Mafia detective.


I actually believe Jinx, even though I seem to be the only one. She's a great player and could be fooling me but that's how I feel right now. Ideally it would have been better if she revealed before Haya but it is what it is I guess.


Not much to say about the Hardy shenanigans except I hope he's not really freeman. Good luck James!
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
But the good thing here is with at least 3 genuine detectives, we'll have results. Mafia can't snipe them all in a night. I'm hoping the hosts kept with their former game style of having 3 useful detectives though.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Tadaima~ Today lasted way too long damn ​
Tell me about it. Day 3 and we already hit page 90 while this isn't even a game with a spam favoriting mechanic.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Dude I read 20 pages when I'm my lunch break and my brain was gonna explode, my advice is take it easy as today lynch seems already decided on, catch up at your own pace but keep following since this thread get more posts than a Nigerian prince gets inheritance issues and needs my bank account information.
If I didn't catch up now, I never would (since I have to work and there'd be even more).

I actually believe Jinx, even though I seem to be the only one. She's a great player and could be fooling me but that's how I feel right now. Ideally it would have been better if she revealed before Haya but it is what it is I guess.
You're not the only one, and I believe Jinx too. Imo, even as scum, Jinx would have better options just distancing herself from the Haya mess? Idk. It would be just as shady if she said she blocked someone else though, especially since that would mean an unknown escort blocked Haya for weird reasons.

My guy makes me feel she is legit. Then again, I'm on the fence because I was hesistant on Marm as well. Also, at this point, there isn't any other immediately suspicious person besides Hardy who has already been marked. Imo, it is a simple case of letting Jinx live one more night. Even if Haya gets blocked or killed by someone else, just the fact that she regains access to her pad with Misha would be sufficient. Imo, Escort is dangerous yes, but not overly so. There are 4 claimed detectives, there's a fair bit of wiggle room. I'd rather we didn't lynch Jinx today
 

Maryxxi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
766
Age
26
Country
Morocco
20 pages to backread :) :)
so hi, i ll shamelessly ask for a recap of what happened today cuz i reaaaaaaaaaaaaally can't read and i dont know who to vote as i have no idea what happened today. i may end up just not voting anyways if i m still not sure by the time i leave this thread.
so this following part u might not be interested in if u distrust me, so skip if u want.
i had a very awful looooooong day at uni after 30 mins of sleep last night, and it ended up with a surprise project that i have to submit by sunday night (yeah i can totally survive that)... i ve already been an awful player this week barely reading the thread, i was hoping to get back on track this weekend, but that s not possible anymore. so if i stay alive by then just expect worse commitment from me. not sure what to do about that.
so i have now about 30 to 35 mins to make up my mind and see if i'm gonna vote or not, as i'll have a zoom meeting with my group project and i'll just sleep right after it, cuz god i can not stay awake anymore.
aiight, i sound pathetic as fck

so
1. apologies to everyone for being a bad townie (and player in general) for not playing this game as i should. i take full responsibility for that. i simply should not have joined in the first place knowing i'll be busy
2. sorry to shad for doing exactly what u (when townie) hate about some players : NOT READING THE THREAD
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That's pretty interesting. We could maybe use the Prosecutor's ability more than once if we coordinate and have a lot of chance, right?

I feel like Hardy is Mafia Bomb tbh. It might not have been a great idea to claim the Secondary Role Finder role yet, but perhaps he just wanted to get rid of the Mason Recruiter for the sake of his team even knowing full well that he would die for it? Since he's bomb, it's even better, considering he would be able to take another person out with him the day after when he would get lynched. Two birds with one stone.

Anyway, if he turns out mafia bomb, don't target James. We ought to keep him illusioned so that we can revive him from the Golden Land once we have a majority inside.
I seriously doubt 1-shot roles can be refreshed, if even Necromancer can't use a used-up Defuser for example.
 

Maryxxi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
766
Age
26
Country
Morocco
20 pages to backread :) :)
so hi, i ll shamelessly ask for a recap of what happened today cuz i reaaaaaaaaaaaaally can't read and i dont know who to vote as i have no idea what happened today. i may end up just not voting anyways if i m still not sure by the time i leave this thread.
so this following part u might not be interested in if u distrust me, so skip if u want.
i had a very awful looooooong day at uni after 30 mins of sleep last night, and it ended up with a surprise project that i have to submit by sunday night (yeah i can totally survive that)... i ve already been an awful player this week barely reading the thread, i was hoping to get back on track this weekend, but that s not possible anymore. so if i stay alive by then just expect worse commitment from me. not sure what to do about that.
so i have now about 30 to 35 mins to make up my mind and see if i'm gonna vote or not, as i'll have a zoom meeting with my group project and i'll just sleep right after it, cuz god i can not stay awake anymore.
aiight, i sound pathetic as fck

so
1. apologies to everyone for being a bad townie (and player in general) for not playing this game as i should. i take full responsibility for that. i simply should not have joined in the first place knowing i'll be busy
2. sorry to shad for doing exactly what u (when townie) hate about some players : NOT READING THE THREAD

I imagine ppl who are disappointed after reading this long post, thinking I got some game related info while it’s just me crying over my uni life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top