Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,758
Gender
Female
Country
China
Last edited:

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
@AwkwardMisha chill down, that was yesterday when I was hunting, today I'm not interested in that anymore.
Mmmmmmm, I am still trying to catch up on the entire thread, so if I respond to something that already has been mentioned you can skip my statement °

Edit: typo
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
You are just assuming about my investigation methodology, basically you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing.

Let change the question: why did you just read me, why didn't you answer me as I go?

You claimed recruiter and then said good night.
Come in the morning to kill Daws to get another free lynch.
Seriously, just stop it. Repeating the same things over and over won't get you a different answer. Just stop fumbling around in the dark and start looking at the game in a new light. You won't get anywhere like this.

As I've said around the start of the game, I'm trying to give anyone the benefit of doubt in this game. I think I've been patient and done everything I could to be reasonable with you with the assumption that you might really be an unbelievably stubborn townie, from here on I'll just ignore you. Good luck leading a lynch on me if that's what you've decided is your goal for this game.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I’m here and catching up. From the little I’ve seen though, @Shad you don’t seem to have learned much since last game. Your stubbornness eventually screws you over.

@Holt Since you're avenger you should name your targets so far as then we might be able to trigger your kill action with our normal actions by scattering the illusions, then you can use the kill on one of our sus role claimers. After all your targets might be dead already they simply haven't shattered yet.
I’m not willing to reveal my target yet though. I confirmed from hosts, and my ability will trigger if they are turned into illusion (they don’t have to shatter). I have no received info that my ability triggered, so either I’m an illusion or they haven’t yet been turned to one. Likely the latter. I picked someone that I can easily confirm if they are illusioned (and frankly thought would be at this point already)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Seriously, just stop it. Repeating the same things over and over won't get you a different answer. Just stop fumbling around in the dark and start looking at the game in a new light. You won't get anywhere like this.

As I've said around the start of the game, I'm trying to give anyone the benefit of doubt in this game. I think I've been patient and done everything I could to be reasonable with you with the assumption that you might really be an unbelievably stubborn townie, from here on I'll just ignore you. Good luck leading a lynch on me if that's what you've decided is your goal for this game.
I'm just playing, it not me who you need to convince, I'm just dragging you in the mud for the next days, I like how you are keeping the 'confirmed by somebody' for tomorrow, so that you can say you died today and you are an illusion, have fun cruising this game.



Also use your own advice and show us how this game is played, or are you done for today?

Waiting for investigative results?

Let ignore it better.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
That.s another good point, how is THE GRYSUN still alive with a mechanic that rn contains veteran mafia players who all know grysun.s popularity, he wouls have been illusion by now for sure and yet he got results.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Sorry, but i never said I.m not useless :)
tbf, if you’re claiming he is a TP, it is not very different for a town (from mafia POV). Unless they discovered him early, then they would still kill him given your logic
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That Sakura argument is just not good. You dont' kill people because of some popularity or whatever, you kill people who are either pretty much confirmed or are a clear danger to you. There's been suspicion on Gry from multiple people (me included) since the start, and townies being suspected works in the mafia's favor. Keeping suspicious townies alive for the late game is one of the basics of a MG, I feel.

Again I really wouldn't focus on Gry at this point, that's just wasted time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm okay with Holt's explanation for now, but definitely one of the people to keep an eye on.

And Shad has really driven himself into a corner here... Not sure who else to vote for, besides maybe Shobu, who still hasn't claimed anything lol.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
That Sakura argument is just not good. You dont' kill people because of some popularity or whatever, you kill people who are either pretty much confirmed or are a clear danger to you. There's been suspicion on Gry from multiple people (me included) since the start, and townies being suspected works in the mafia's favor. Keeping suspicious townies alive for the late game is one of the basics of a MG, I feel.

Again I really wouldn't focus on Gry at this point, that's just wasted time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm okay with Holt's explanation for now, but definitely one of the people to keep an eye on.

And Shad has really driven himself into a corner here... Not sure who else to vote for, besides maybe Shobu, who still hasn't claimed anything lol.
tbf, if you’re claiming he is a TP, it is not very different for a town (from mafia POV). Unless they discovered him early, then they would still kill him given your logic
The "popularity" comment was that if he was tow or TP a mafia dominated pad would have already made him an illusion precisely because many consider him a dangerous player. He got results last night so not dead in prev nights. That.s why i was saying if he so town how come he still alive at this point.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I'm a bit busy today but I'll back read off and on during the next few hours.

@Nii if you distrust Gry so much why did you steal his role? I mean the detectives have been useless. We still only have your word Gry is town because you can't really prove it without dying. If Gry gets no result tonight, that could simply mean you killed him and he's an illusion and you're prepared to just drop some fake det results like I assume some of them are doing.

With the Shad issue, tbh he's acting like the Shad from last game. Has a wild theory and is prepared to die on that hill no matter how much you point out the flaws in his plan /theory. I remember him and Holt going at it just like him and Gry and they were both town.

Speaking of @Holt can I ask why you chose to vote Tatsu last phase?

@Shobu_Yoruichi are you going to claim today?
Yes, I know from experience how ridiculously stubborn Shad is when he thinks he is right. Last game, he happened to be right even though his reasoning was more or less a theory that happened to be correct. He acted as though it was the most obvious thing despite me trying to show loopholes. It is why I only engaged him a bit yesterday, and why I even briefly considered his theory (even though again, I pointed holes and stated how that would be more twisting the narrative to fit than it being likely). I have made wrong calls pretty much all game, and I decided to sit out on making a call.

It also makes me think Shad is town, which is a shame because like Gry said, he is simply destroying things more and pretty much getting himself lynched (again like last game).


My vote on Tatsu was because mainly me sitting out on the action.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The "popularity" comment was that if he was tow or TP a mafia dominated pad would have already made him an illusion precisely because many consider him a dangerous player. He got results last night so not dead in prev nights. That.s why i was saying if he so town how come he still alive at this point.
You can’t pick one or the other tho. Afaik, you said he is TP. It is the same thing nonetheless.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Gry, why are you so stubborn, you are not thinking about this in good faith, every time you hit a road block you just give up the investigation.
Tfw Shad of all people says someone is in denial or stubborn 😂
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
People I would trust and feel more or less confirmed considering what has been revealed so far

  • Evil, Vandred, Haya, James, Gry and Misha

People who I would trust more at this point

  • EH, DD, Cinera and maybe Erin

Unsure about, could be mafia or town

  • Belse, Tatsu, Mary, Holt, Sakura, Mazino

Obvious suspects

  • Shad and Shobu

Just my two cents for now, if anyone wants to know.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Basically we have 4 detectives, and one who learned the role from DD (Cinera). That sounds pretty reasonable to me in such a huge game, most likely all sanities were included (though I could see two naive or something, just less likely).
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Fooking hell I think I have figured it out.

The scenario Shad is looking for is this:

Player X is the second Recruiter
I'm Mafia Pirate
Lambu is Det
Daws is Doc

N1 -> X recruits Lambu, I steal Recruiter from X, Lambu gets turned into Illusion by someone else;
A big Priority 3 conflict ensues but all the flips go the "right" way;
Now I'm Recruiter, Lambu is Mason (Illusion), and X is Townie.

N2 -> I go for Daws. Asako shatters Lambu, so at the start of D3 it's me, Daws (now Mason), and X (as Townie);

N3 -> I go for Farfs, which shatters her. Start of D4 is the same as above; Daws is lynched.


I can't believe it's actually making sense now, please tell me if Shad's succeeded in making me lose my mind :lmao
The only issue, of course, is that it requires a Player X to be keeping quiet somewhere, which there isn't. My N4 recruit can confirm that, thankfully.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


I said I recruited successfully last night, but not whom, among my first posts of today. Addressed your other concern as well, which you're free to doubt if you so wish. N3 was Farfs.
yes Shad is making you lose your mind. Today he is saying Player X is Haya. I remember somewhat considering something similar (involving an X recruiter that is quiet somewhere) but ofc it fails is X recruiter (who is town) is simply keeping quiet somewhere.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The "popularity" comment was that if he was tow or TP a mafia dominated pad would have already made him an illusion precisely because many consider him a dangerous player. He got results last night so not dead in prev nights. That.s why i was saying if he so town how come he still alive at this point.
Again why would they? People suspected Gry each day, you don't kill suspicious townies as mafia. Makes way more sense to kill confirmed townies, or a role that can be really dangerous. With no confirmed sanities, he wasn't really a priority target, and that's it.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That Sakura argument is just not good. You dont' kill people because of some popularity or whatever, you kill people who are either pretty much confirmed or are a clear danger to you. There's been suspicion on Gry from multiple people (me included) since the start, and townies being suspected works in the mafia's favor. Keeping suspicious townies alive for the late game is one of the basics of a MG, I feel.

Again I really wouldn't focus on Gry at this point, that's just wasted time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm okay with Holt's explanation for now, but definitely one of the people to keep an eye on.

And Shad has really driven himself into a corner here... Not sure who else to vote for, besides maybe Shobu, who still hasn't claimed anything lol.
Thoughts on Bel?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Nvm saw your above post.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Is Shobu still not revealed?

As irrational as Shad is, I can say that it is entirely possibly (even very likely) that he is a stubborn townie with conspiracy theories. I do not think he should be the lynch for today.
 

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
2,690
Gender
Female
Country
Galactic Empire
At first I was thinking about joining the Shad lynch train. He was looking more suspicious with every post today, but it seemed from some comments that he did something similar in one of the previous games and he was a townie, so I dunno. Don't think I'll be around until the end of the phase, so I'll just stick to my choice from yesterday: Votekill Kinzo
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Is Shobu still not revealed?

As irrational as Shad is, I can say that it is entirely possibly (even very likely) that he is a stubborn townie with conspiracy theories. I do not think he should be the lynch for today.
Then who do you suspect? Shobu? Or is there someone else?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

At first I was thinking about joining the Shad lynch train. He was looking more suspicious with every post today, but it seemed from some comments that he did something similar in one of the previous games and he was a townie, so I dunno. Don't think I'll be around until the end of the phase, so I'll just stick to my choice from yesterday: Votekill Kinzo
Random comment, but I super love how you say votekill Kinzo, it's so fitting for this theme :XD
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I’ll need to collect my thoughts. Admittedly I’m discouraged because I’ve been reading wrong pretty much all game. I’ll post my thoughts on everyone later on
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I‘m with Holt regarding Shad, it burns to remember Shad from last game and thinking he‘s a townie again. Could also be his plan but idk, gives me reluctance.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Damn, 2 hours to catch up on a less active day.

Couple things I want to address before Locking and proposing game plan / player evalution sus list for next day.

The fact that savior evil is stil alive is the best thing happening in my life right now
I don't know that. The mafia probably avoid killing me fearing wasting a kill -> fearing Maz protection. The "turn to illusion thing" by golden people happen on priority 4, my action last night was on priority 2, I might just be dead already, just not knowing it as of now.

I asked Panda how the golden voting mechanic happen the only answer is the cryptic "3 people have to agree on a target", and "voting happens during day and during night". Since we had three mafias at some point (till the Daws lynch), they had all the time needed in the world to select me and overrule the other townie votes by Farfs and Lambu (?).

Also don't know if the golden circle can see history votings, i.e. know who was killed by the previous members. In that case perhaps the new townie cirlce with Asako and Daws could revive me, that is if I don't scatter in the meantime by night actions. Dunno.

Not yet, still have the ability.
I can use it in the end game to confirm if I'm an illusion or not, but that irrelevant now, since I'm the one getting lycheed today by the look of it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

FYI, I'm not voting Gry,

Gry didn't look like one of the Red scum, and I've already found the TP, It Van.

So I'm voting Van only or Nii since there 'recruiter' also didn't pick him for yesterday lynch, but I'm not confident about Nii, I'm confident about Van.

That it, if these 2 are not voted today, then I'm not voting.
How would you even use that to confirm if you're illusion. This role gets no feedback PM. An other plothole adding to the twenty previous ones you already had. Also, shouldn't you be looking out of Bombs with this role. So let's have some fun with it: who do you think is the Bomb you're supposed to Diffuse. Is it Vand?

I can also see a Sleeper make sense in a game this big, and Death Miller could work as a way to mess with our perception of the Golden Land majority. But the problem is what Bel's already addressed herself; if she's Sleeper and she gets recruited, we'd never know.
That is, if you don't get there first. From all it looks, you should consider going there next. I'm just gonna assume you recruited Gajeel or James yesterday. But I'm not sure how to proceed here going on. Looking at how many Mafias had already Mafia Mason secondary, this is probably just a bastard role like so many others it seems. Perhaps this role is the best used to help out with our Detective dilemma - though no guarantee for M.Mason secondary here too.

That‘s what confuses me, I always thought the person stops existing after they become an Illusion. There should not be any traceable actions, you shouldn‘t have been told he was protected.

@Copy Panda again to clarify more: a person becomes Illusion, then is shattered later by an action. Would a Mortician checking the corpse see only actions done on him before he became an Illusion, or also the action that shattered him while he was an Illusion?
Perhaps this need more clarity in the rules. Edgecase on which Panda made a call, both versions in my opinion are possible under current rules. *shrug*

I’m not willing to reveal my target yet though. I confirmed from hosts, and my ability will trigger if they are turned into illusion (they don’t have to shatter). I have no received info that my ability triggered, so either I’m an illusion or they haven’t yet been turned to one. Likely the latter. I picked someone that I can easily confirm if they are illusioned (and frankly thought would be at this point already)
So, someone with result PMs I take from that. On which night did you decide to place your Avanger mark?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top