Discussion If Ran is the Third Minion...

Why Does Ran Want to Kill Maschenny? (Choose Two)

  • Someone else (reply in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
If Ran ends up being the third minion (unlikely IMO), what events might have occurred to lead to it? I kind of went wild with the idea.


Shortly Before Maschenny Departs for the Nest said:
"It was fun training you, but I'll be going now. I have some things to see to."

"Don't lose."

"..."

"I'm going to become a Ranker and hunt you down, so until then, you're not allowed to lose to anyone else, Noona."

His fists clenched, nails digging into his palm hard enough to break skin.

It feels like we're getting separated once again. I don't want to be left behind...

She turned around and then knelt down to meet him, her frosty eyes warming up as they gazed into his.

"You're so cute when you're determined. Alright then, since my baby brother is asking so earnestly, I'll do my best".

As she turned to leave, he grabbed her sleeve.

"..."

"I want to come with."

"I'm heading to a battlefield and it'll be very dangerous. I wouldn't be able to guarantee your safety."

Those earnest eyes pleaded at her.

"I don't want to be left behind."

She found herself unable to refuse his plea.

"Aah, alright. I'll find something for you to do."

I guess Jinsung has rubbed off on me a little.

At least Asensio will find this amusing.

Ran heard about what happened to AA on the Hidden Floor and the Last Station. He's angry at himself because he couldn't help him and was useless during that time.

He wanted to become stronger, much stronger. There's only one person he knew who could help. So he gave her a call/met up with her.

I imagine that Maschenny gave him a task/challenge to complete before she would start training him personally. And she also had other Khun High Rankers train him in the interim.

So Ran shows a lot of growth during the first year. There's an evaluation period, and one of the instructors comments on his amazing potential and that he truly is her brother. He mentions that he still falls well short of where she was at this stage.

Maschenny thinks that C Rank Ran is indeed far weaker than C Rank Maschenny. But that if she compares the gap between them when they were selected as Regulars and the gap between them now, it has narrowed quite a lot.

There's a "he's growing faster than me!" epiphany where she's really excited. And she begins to wonder if he can eventually reach her. She wants to draw out his potential to the fullest.

So she begins to instruct him personally over the next year.

And she regularly prods and stokes his competitive spirit.

Many "if you can't master this, you wouldn't ever be able to reach me" or "you should be able to do at least this much if you're hoping to surpass me".

I imagine they gain some semblance of a functional (yet still distorted in their own peculiar ways) sibling bond.

So it's at the conclusion of their one year training that Ran makes his declaration that he's going to hunt her and so she should never lose before then.



Admittedly, Ran's desire to not get separated is something I haven't naturally built up to.

It's a delicate topic and I wouldn't want to rush it so that I don't make it weird.

I do have an alternate version where Maschenny pauses as she's walking away and offers him the chance to come along with her (I actually imagined this version first).

She justifies it to Ran as having restrictions in how she can act being a High Ranker and would need someone that could work in Regular areas and stuff.

And she internally justifies it to herself as not wanting to waste a valuable piece after expending so much effort in raising it.

But her true reason is that she just didn't want to let him go once again.


Disclaimer
Out of character Maschenny (more affectionate).

Tsundere + siscon Ran.

Sheer wishful thinking and fantasy on my part.


Introduction
I view Ran's desire to kill Maschenny as something borne of his sister complex and a warrior culture that they both share.


Warrior Culture
If you're to fight respectfully, then both of you must lay your lives on the line:


To spare someone who's placing their life on the line in a battle is a great insult.

If Ran can best Maschenny in combat, then it's only natural that he kill her in that battle. To leave her alive after defeating her would be an unimaginable insult.

This attitude was very prevalent in Data Maschenny vs Data Zahard. Maschenny was insulted by Zahard's attempt to spare her life and insisted that they see the battle through to the death):





Ran's Desire
Because of his sister complex, he wants to be the one to beat Maschenny.

He doesn't want his Nunim to lose to anyone else but him.

He wanted to challenge her in combat and to prevail against her. To vanquish her in a fight with both their lives on the line (anything else would be an insult) and for her to ultimately meet her end by his spear.

That was the greatest respect he could show her.

I imagine that he romanticises the notion of killing Maschenny with his own hands. Where it's this great act of love and respect.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
But he looks incompetent?
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
The guard is not the Third Minion IMO.

His presence is way too underwhelming for that.
OK, agreed. I don't know why but I thought that was your take. It's been repeated often enough.


Oh, so who do you think the 2nd one is? (the one that let out hybrider)
 

zoradante1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2021
Messages
996
Reaction score
1,971
Age
21
Country
Turkey
ran is neither talented enough to defeat a full-matured one of strongest princess or would have time to grow enough to surpass maschenny.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
OK, agreed. I don't know why but I thought that was your take. It's been repeated often enough.


Oh, so who do you think the 2nd one is? (the one that let out hybrider)
Maria or Rachel. I think they are a Regular because we nearly saw them fall from spikes (suggesting that maybe they couldn't fly).

SIU went out of his way to show that they were female.


Maria because she's the only Khun Regular that's under Maschenny's wing.


Rachel because as an Irregular, neither Zahard nor the FHs would be able to foresee her actions.

Maschenny collaborating with Gustang would be pretty interesting.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Maria or Rachel. I think they are a Regular because we nearly saw them fall from spikes (suggesting that maybe they couldn't fly).

SIU went out of his way to show that they were female.


Maria because she's the only Khun Regular that's under Maschenny's wing.


Rachel because as an Irregular, neither Zahard nor the FHs would be able to foresee her actions.

Maschenny collaborating with Gustang would be pretty interesting.
Hmm, while I think Maria is a reg, I don't think that's a given. She is older than AA after all.

I don't remember the part about falling from spikes/being female... care to remind me?




I'm not sure what's more outlandish - Mas working with another Khun princess (that's described as nice!) or Mas working alongside Gustang. The later seems less likely IMO, simply because I can't see Gustang doing as much.

Rachel... well, that's a gamble too. Unless Mas is doing work for/with Gustang, I don't see her being offered up to her. I'm still expecting to see Rachel whenever we next see a big Po Bidau move, maybe even the capital ship.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
Hmm, while I think Maria is a reg, I don't think that's a given. She is older than AA after all.
AA was 17 in Season 1 + Princesses are selected as pre teens/early teens. Maria wouldhsve shattered Urek's record if she were already a Ranker.

Plus, there's also the fact that the Lo Po Bia Princesses mentioned meeting up with her.



I don't remember the part about falling from spikes/being female... care to remind me?
Here you go:



I'm not sure what's more outlandish - Mas working with another Khun princess (that's described as nice!
Maria being one of Maschenny's Regular pawns is canon and has been since the Name Hunt Station:





It's not a speculation that Maschenny has taken Maria under her wings.


And AA was clearly in love with Maria, so take whatever he says about her with a heavy serving of salt.

This would be like believing Data Asensio if he told you that his sister was a sweet and kind angel that could do no wrong.


simply because I can't see Gustang doing as much.

Rachel... well, that's a gamble too. Unless Mas is doing work for/with Gustang, I don't see her being offered up to her. I'm still expecting to see Rachel whenever we next see a big Po Bidau move, maybe even the capital ship.
Yep. There's no indication so far of that sort of collaboration.

One thing that I would mention is that the Lo Po Bia Family is moving to wage war on the Po Bidau Family.
 
Top