Games Mafia Game 100 - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Also last point, hot potatoe is believable but did we get any notification of hosts like we get with NVD ? or I missed it ? coz otherwise am i the only one who thinks it might be a bluff/mafia trick, for exple to save Demon from lynch?
I don't think so. While it's not host-confirmed, it's still a lie that has no real endgame. DD and Demon would need to keep passing each other the Potato for the rest of the game to keep the charade up, since they can't pass to anyone else since there is nothing to pass in this theory. Nor would we believe such a scenario for longer than day 4 or so.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,052
Gender
Female
Country
France
Also last point, hot potatoe is believable but did we get any notification of hosts like we get with NVD ? or I missed it ? coz otherwise am i the only one who thinks it might be a bluff/mafia trick, for exple to save Demon from lynch?
Is the hot potato usually announced ? I don't remember that.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I don't think so. While it's not host-confirmed, it's still a lie that has no real endgame. DD and Demon would need to keep passing each other the Potato for the rest of the game to keep the charade up, since they can't pass to anyone else since there is nothing to pass in this theory. Nor would we believe such a scenario for longer than day 4 or so.
thxs, yep and it's believeable in the game.

It's not specified in rules post, do we get necessarily a host confirmation ?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
thxs, yep and it's believeable in the game.

It's not specified in rules post, do we get necessarily a host confirmation ?
No host confirmations of any kind I believe. Only the explosion when it happens, and the players themselves revealing.

Maybe you're mixing it up with a game mechanic that added it midgame like Saint Seiya?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Nope. Even tho I wouldn't fully trust the Pirate and said why, if I'm wrong, I think he's a great town asset in case we're wrong in a lynch and the Doc/Hoe is forced to reveal to survive. Then the mysterious pirate can salvage the role in the following night.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I see more value in the Pirate keeping a role in game then trying his luck to confirm someone. But if the role case comes with "ifs", then a Pirate reveal should happen while the Doctor is still in game (so the mafia don't kill the Pirate at night to set his target up). I just don't think I'd trust the Pirate per se cause of traitor possibility even if we find a mafia with his action. If he confirms a townie, mafia can simply kill that person later on. So I think that even with risks a Pirate reveal holds more value if it's later.
I guess but they have the same priority as the mafia.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire


Just in case.

I'm off the grid for a while, Tuesday is DnD night. But should be able check whats going on late today/early tomorrow.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,674
Reaction score
61,377
Gender
Male
Country
France
So, sorry about the long post, my thoughts on Asako's posts:



So by the optic mafia considered Asako as a possible recruitable person, these could have been seen like flags to them. The rest of my comments will follow as if that is indeed the case ('cause as a mafia on the lookout for who could be recruitable, I have looked for signs with my team in the past - and as a traitor, I've sent them in the past as well *even tho I was naive #sadpanda*).



She first said that both Gry and Shad look town to her - so this could be exempting them if Asako also looked like a traitor due to name telling. In the second part tho, she tags Shad to talk about availability. So I'd say a tag could have been seen as another signal and for now I'd paint Gry in green and Shad in gray (not red cause this could been too much of a stretch, but felt like leaving this here for the record).



So I'm with the other ones that - if we go with this theory - would narrow down her "signal name telling" to those 5. She even says she doesn't trust Marm per se but doesn't feel iffy enough about her to implicate her, which could maybe be seen as painting Marm in green. So, for now, I'll indeed keep my vote among the Fiend, Tatsu, James, Erin and Sam.



Finally, she favors Demon with her vote but do alert she's up to spare him later on, which could also have been interpretated as a message by mafia. So keeping my vote on him till we have more things to discuss during this day. Ah, finally, also seeing Ust as green for now based on this same theory.
That's a cool theory and all but imagine if it was really the case. No kill would have happened then and with these "hints" then Asako would have been a clear lynch target.

I personally don't believe Mafia would prioritize recruiting a potential ally early game like this unless it's a threesome or something(which doesn't make sense in this game IMO).
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Shad's fixation on Gry is kinda crazy right now.

Since it didn't explode in N1, I'm with you and James - so far - and also think it could have been set to start with a townie.

On the other hand, since there's a chance this might kill a mafia, I think it's another indication we have 'off radar' mafia help in game.
2/7 vanillas are gone and weren't sleepers (they do die as "sleeper" right? don't recall) and Pirate looks interesting but also odd in the setup, so wondering if it could be the traitor working to not only serve the mafia number-wise but also with the ability to weak town a bit if he/she is lucky enough. So I'd trust the potato holder (DD) more than a Pirate we find out about later on (just my cents for future record).
Agreed, if the pirate has to act it will ideally happen with the doc still around.

Demonspeed just talked to shad and grysun, talked about voting format and the game format. James rye seems pretty laid back for this game, could he be just a vanilla townie or MAFIAMAN?... Lambu is more active in trying to find mafia seems townie. Thats the lowest posters analysis.
It feels weird to talk back at this but how am I active and trying to find mafia? Honestly Im just looking at the events and giving my opinion on them, very passive play on my part.
If the way I express myself indicates townie thats another matter, but even Im surprised at why Im trusted :XD
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That's a cool theory and all but imagine if it was really the case. No kill would have happened then and with these "hints" then Asako would have been a clear lynch target.

I personally don't believe Mafia would prioritize recruiting a potential ally early game like this unless it's a threesome or something(which doesn't make sense in this game IMO).
Who do you trust/suspect? You're even more silent this game than usual. I thought when you started vanilla-ish games were a thing, so not like you'd be surprised at how to play now.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,674
Reaction score
61,377
Gender
Male
Country
France
Who do you trust/suspect? You're even more silent this game than usual. I thought when you started vanilla-ish games were a thing, so not like you'd be surprised at how to play now.
I'll be more active for the rest of this phase for sure. I had a busy morning. ATM the one I trust the most is Riku, then Lala I guess but the former much more than the latter. Also Sam I guess, I think people try to get him lynched early almost everytime and I don't remember when he has been Mafia in these situations besides his first game.

It's hard not think that either you or Shad aren't Mafia after these two days and then DD/Lambu.

Indifferent about the rest but James seems less active than usual.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Shad's fixation on Gry is kinda crazy right now.
Look at the D1 and D2 votes to figure out who is fixating on who.
Truth to be told, nothing much is of interest to me this D2, so I'm not able to participate unless it about this topic.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
That's a cool theory and all but imagine if it was really the case. No kill would have happened then and with these "hints" then Asako would have been a clear lynch target.

I personally don't believe Mafia would prioritize recruiting a potential ally early game like this unless it's a threesome or something(which doesn't make sense in this game IMO).
Yeah, of course, cause she wasn't a traitor in the end. That theory is from the perspective mafia THOUGHT she was a traitor dropping signs and tried their luck.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
As things stand I might just vote Shad as a placeholder, the banter is a bit annoying and forcing the tie with James might prove to be useful.

Look at the D1 and D2 votes to figure out who is fixating on who.
Truth to be told, nothing much is of interest to me this D2, so I'm not able to participate unless it about this topic.
There are more players than Gry, snap out of it.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
As long as you vote Gry next day, please?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Shad's fixation on Gry is kinda crazy right now.



Agreed, if the pirate has to act it will ideally happen with the doc still around.



It feels weird to talk back at this but how am I active and trying to find mafia? Honestly Im just looking at the events and giving my opinion on them, very passive play on my part.
If the way I express myself indicates townie thats another matter, but even Im surprised at why Im trusted
:XD
MAFIA 4D CHESS PLAY? hmmm.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I will vote Gry if I deem him scum and right now I dont, I wont vote him just because you are too fixed on him to look at more stuff.
Sad really, Gry said he will trade life with me, we lynch me today and if I turn town we lynch him.
Sad you are not willing to take him on that deal but are willing to take me on it.

I guess I shouldn't have expected this to work.
All I'm gonna say is tomorrow, reread Gry and decide again if you want to let him live after that.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Forgive my sincerity, kouhai, but honestly throwing yourself under the bus with no certainty of a mafia kill in the next day is such a bad campaign for a townie... Specially in a small game when we alrdy started behind, remain clueless and have little tools to rely on during the rest of the game. It would be a grave and bizarre mistake to suicide as a townie in this situation...

That being said, yeah the channeling all this non stop arguments generate is rly distracting so I get why some would eventually just want one of you to be gone if things remain like this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top